Supra

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
bmxali16
UB Junior Member

Post by bmxali16 » 07 Jul 2013, 11:08 am

Hi,

I've seen a few people convert RHD to LHD supras in Al-Futaim and have it registered.
So if you convert them in Al-Futaim can they legally be registered or do you need a wasta?

thanks,

driftking
UB Addicted Member

Post by driftking » 07 Jul 2013, 3:59 pm

Registered where? Dubai or other emirates?

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 07 Jul 2013, 9:48 pm

I don't think you can register a converted Supra, but I saw a RHD Supra driving around in Sharjah the other day.. :?
I don't know how..

driftking
UB Addicted Member

Post by driftking » 07 Jul 2013, 9:50 pm

Y convert whn u can get an LHD supra? :roll:

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 07 Jul 2013, 9:52 pm

driftking wrote:Y convert whn u can get an LHD supra? :roll:
You don't see many Supras on the road because LHD Supras are expensive and hard to find.

Mr. Mark
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:1992 Toyota Mark II

Post by Mr. Mark » 07 Jul 2013, 11:26 pm

bmxali16 wrote:Hi,

I've seen a few people convert RHD to LHD supras in Al-Futaim and have it registered.
So if you convert them in Al-Futaim can they legally be registered or do you need a wasta?

thanks,
I don't know if this is relevant to your information or not but i saw a white mk4 registered on ajman's number plate in Nuaimiyah around 3 to 4 days ago

driftking
UB Addicted Member

Post by driftking » 07 Jul 2013, 11:30 pm

Mr. Mark wrote:

thanks,
I don't know if this is relevant to your information or not but i saw a white mk4 registered on ajman's number plate in Nuaimiyah around 3 to 4 days ago
US spec supra's can be regustered anywhere in UAE. I believe it should be a US spec..

Mr. Mark
UB Junior Member

Post by Mr. Mark » 08 Jul 2013, 12:57 am

driftking wrote:
Mr. Mark wrote:

thanks,
US spec supra's can be regustered anywhere in UAE. I believe it should be a US spec..
shall i assume that if anybody buys U.S spec skyline or supra or any other tuner, then he'll face no problem at the time of registration specially in Sharjah and Ajman
and please tell me if the procedure is same for the stock turbocharged vehicles ?

driftking
UB Addicted Member

Post by driftking » 08 Jul 2013, 1:08 am

Older skyline models were not US spec at all. The new R35 is available in US spec.
Stock turbo charged vehicles from the manufacturer itself have no issues registering.

RAGE
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan GT-R

Post by RAGE » 08 Jul 2013, 4:09 am

Mr. Mark wrote: shall i assume that if anybody buys U.S spec skyline or supra or any other tuner, then he'll face no problem at the time of registration specially in Sharjah and Ajman
and please tell me if the procedure is same for the stock turbocharged vehicles ?
I don't think there are U.S spec skylines, they all come RHD from factory. :>
There should be no problems with registering any other factory LHD car. (unless it has some serious aftermarket modifications).

Mr. Mark
UB Junior Member

Post by Mr. Mark » 08 Jul 2013, 2:53 pm

RAGE wrote:
Mr. Mark wrote: shall i assume that if anybody buys U.S spec skyline or supra or any other tuner, then he'll face no problem at the time of registration specially in Sharjah and Ajman
There should be no problems with registering any other factory LHD car. (unless it has some serious aftermarket modifications).
well, rumor has it that Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V-Spec which was introduced in 1999 was also made for the United States of America. by the time, they also produced V-Spec II (more powerful) and M-Spec (more luxurious) :roll:

I've also heard before V-Spec II, Skylines were strictly banned in USA due to insurance polices and laws of states. but everything started to change eventually and GODZILLA was considered street legal in some parts of America :grin: (Y)

driftking
UB Addicted Member

Post by driftking » 08 Jul 2013, 3:33 pm

Mr. Mark wrote:
RAGE wrote:
well, rumor has it that Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V-Spec which was introduced in 1999 was also made for the United States of America. by the time, they also produced V-Spec II (more powerful) and M-Spec (more luxurious) :roll:

I've also heard before V-Spec II, Skylines were strictly banned in USA due to insurance polices and laws of states. but everything started to change eventually and GODZILLA was considered street legal in some parts of America :grin: (Y)
U r right... But skylines were never made LHD's.. Some parts where its allowed in US are the imported RHD one's.
I wish UAE was following RHD :(

bmxali16
UB Junior Member

Post by bmxali16 » 08 Jul 2013, 7:14 pm

I just saw an few ads on dubbizle earlier regarding converted ones in al futaim and they are registered. Some dubai and some AD.

Reason to bring RHD is its MUCH cheaper

thanks everyone

driftking
UB Addicted Member

Post by driftking » 08 Jul 2013, 7:21 pm

bmxali16 wrote:I just saw an few ads on dubbizle earlier regarding converted ones in al futaim and they are registered. Some dubai and some AD.

Reason to bring RHD is its MUCH cheaper

thanks everyone
They must b charging hell lot for conversion then... :roll: