Lexus GS/Aristo Project Queries

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 14 Jul 2013, 10:30 pm

Hey All,

Ramadan Kareem to all.

I have been thinking about taking the next step for a new car project, this time a more performance oriented.

I revolved around many options in 2 door sports cars & others and decided on Lexus GS/Aristo project.

I have a few queries before begin on this project that i want to gather some info before i go ahead.

1. i'm planning to get a Lexus GS300/400 maybe a 98 or a 2000+ model - what would be the right price to get a decent one?

2. I wanted to know about the car laws with Engine swaps - will i have trouble passing the car/registration if i do the 2JZGTE swap (Stock to stock)

3. If i do the swap what are all the parts required, i have done a search & figured i would need the Engine, Transmission, Wires, Differential, ECU, Intercooler, Fuel pump return line, . Am i missing anything? If yes, please list them for me.

4. Any compatibility issues i should check like will a Supra 2JZGTE be a direct swap or should i find a RHD Aristo V300 for the parts to do the swap?

5. In doing the swap, what all of the Lexus functions are not going to work in terms of electronics - like VSC, Cruise control, ODO meter etc?

6. Any suggestions as to if i can search anywhere for a Aristo V300 in scrap/half cut? i search Awir but couldn't find a Aristo there but a Supra RHD & lots of Skyline R32s, R33 & R34 GTRs & GTSs.

7. Best place to do the swap right & an estimated cost for the whole swap including parts & labor.

8. How easy is it to find parts for this project at a later date when i need to replace parts or maintenance?

9. Any other things i should be looking to in regards to this project.

Sorry for the tons of questions, but i wanted to do my research well before i take it on.

johngalt
UB Junior Member

Post by johngalt » 14 Jul 2013, 11:55 pm

with the ECU go for something aftermarket, with a small boost up, you can feel ps going high!

hk20
UB Advanced Member

Post by hk20 » 15 Jul 2013, 9:22 am

Any suggestions on ECU?

johngalt
UB Junior Member

Post by johngalt » 15 Jul 2013, 4:59 pm

AEM - but you need a very qualified person who can fix it properly, or maybe MINES from a supra will be better for the first time...

hk20
UB Advanced Member

Post by hk20 » 17 Jul 2013, 6:55 am

Anybody who would be able to help me with my above queries ? :roll:

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 17 Jul 2013, 10:35 pm

hk20 wrote:1. i'm planning to get a Lexus GS300/400 maybe a 98 or a 2000+ model - what would be the right price to get a decent one?
Between AED 20,00-25,000
2. I wanted to know about the car laws with Engine swaps - will i have trouble passing the car/registration if i do the 2JZGTE swap (Stock to stock)
You'll have no registration issues whatsoever with a stock GTE swap.
3. If i do the swap what are all the parts required, i have done a search & figured i would need the Engine, Transmission, Wires, Differential, ECU, Intercooler, Fuel pump return line, . Am i missing anything? If yes, please list them for me.
You'll get most of these parts along with the engine from wherever you'll be purchasing the set. Your workshop will be able to tell you exactly what you need during the swap itself.
4. Any compatibility issues i should check like will a Supra 2JZGTE be a direct swap or should i find a RHD Aristo V300 for the parts to do the swap?
The best way to do this swap would be to swap everything off a RHD Aristo. You'll be assured you have the right parts and everything will simply just fall in place. Any extra parts can be bought later on during the swap. You should wait until the swap is in process.
5. In doing the swap, what all of the Lexus functions are not going to work in terms of electronics - like VSC, Cruise control, ODO meter etc?
You're most likely to lose the Cruise Control option unless you use an extra throttle cable (preferably from a 2000 Camry).

hk20
UB Advanced Member

Post by hk20 » 17 Jul 2013, 11:54 pm

Thanks Sam for answering the queries, i will begin the project most likely after my holidays in September. i will keep you all posted :)