Lancer EX GTS 2.0 Maintenance and Parts availability

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
chinito
UB Junior Member

Post by chinito » 19 Jul 2013, 1:58 pm

Hi!

I was hoping Mitsubishi owners in general and Lancer EX GTS 2.0 specifically can help enlighten me about maintenance costs and availability of parts here in UAE.

I am on the market for a 2nd hand car and found a 20009 Lancer EX GTS 2.0 @ 39K (90k mileage). I liked it very much for its sporty look, value for the money (full option & even has LCD at headrests), big boot and its 2 litre engine.

My excitement however is getting extinguished by friends and colleagues opinion that Mitsubishi's are difficult to maintain. Parts are expensive and few for this particular car, Lancer EX. They knew I was looking around for a Civic of which everyone of them agrees would be a better 2nd owned car.

I thought I'd better hear from the owners then about their experience, maintenance wise and parts availability.

chinito
UB Junior Member

Post by chinito » 23 Jul 2013, 7:00 pm

:smile: mitsu owners please...

lazy227
UB Junior Member

Post by lazy227 » 23 Sep 2013, 1:40 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking for a 2.0 GT, would like to know more about Maintenance and parts :roll:

hasu
UB Junior Member

Post by hasu » 23 Sep 2013, 9:14 pm

Hi,
it is very true Mitsubishi's parts and maintenance is expensive comparatively to Toyota, Nissan or Honda + Duplicate parts Aka (Tajaree) are not available either. Another drawback of owning a Mitsubishi is that it doesn't preserve its resale value as compared to the cars i have mentioned above. However, If you are alright with purchasing used parts for your car there shouldn't really be any problem finding them in Sharjah's Industrial Used Auto Parts Market. I have owned couple of Mitsubishi's in the past from Pajero to Lancer and finally decided to settle down for toyota when i got fed up with Mitsubishis maintenance cost. Furthermore, If you guys require any sort of mechanical or body work done on your car just holler at me as my passion for cars have recently made me open up my own garage in dubai.
check out my page on http://www.facebook.com/9garage
and please like & share if you like my work. Thank's :D

lazy227
UB Junior Member

Post by lazy227 » 20 Oct 2013, 10:14 am

Bump !

Anyone ? :roll: