RX7's

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
Smirnoff65
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:1994 Mazda RX7

Post by Smirnoff65 » 24 Aug 2015, 10:52 pm

Hello All
I have been looking around quite a bit and there doesn't seem to be a lot of early- mid 90's Mazdas in the UAE. I have a '94 that I want to bring over. My concern is that it has a rotary engine and if I need engine work done there won't be anyone that give me any support. Are there any RX7 enthusiasts locally?
RX7-1.jpg

stone-head
UB Senior Member

Post by stone-head » 26 Aug 2015, 9:36 am

Hello and welcome,
so your RX7 is outside of UAE?
the RX7 community is small here, there are few garages that can handle rotary engines mechanically like LAP57 and a few more I don't recall now.
the challenge is the electronics part and the non availability of spare parts so you will have to buy them online, so better make sure your car is in good condition, well mapped and ship some critical parts like seals, gaskets and general maintenance items along with it.
most owners here will swap in a 2jz and call it a day !

Sy.
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Sy. » 04 Oct 2015, 2:16 pm

Im a Rx7 fan , having owned 2 in the UK. I have not seen any in UAE (Maybe i should look harder but i cant find any) there are a couple Rx8's floating around.
I think it would be quite difficult to find a decent place to get it serviced etc. Its just not the right place for proper Jap 90's cars .