what would be your dream project car???

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 06 Jun 2007, 11:09 pm

you knw when ever I see a Starion(pic) I always imagine my self driftin in it,it gives the old skool look similar to an AE86 and the car is not all about looks with amazing figures thanks to its 4G63 powerplant and the car must be amazing in the 80's with AWD but its really rare nowadays,I got to know about this car two years back in Malaysia,my cousin owned one of these rockets but Albertho I still want to know how the CRX with a B18C would be for AutoXing???
Honda Element !?!? never saw an Element driftin',isn't it too big to drift??
Ohh and Albertho advise me on a CAI for our CR-V with a K20A,which 1 to go for and will it void the warranty as its just 3 months old.

P.S. After driving the CR-V I realised why some people are crazy for hondas!! :wink: :wink:

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 07 Jun 2007, 8:17 am

Heres a pic: :D

WKZ wrote:you knw when ever I see a Starion(pic) I always imagine my self driftin in it,it gives the old skool look similar to an AE86 and the car is not all about looks with amazing figures thanks to its 4G63 powerplant and the car must be amazing in the 80's with AWD but its really rare nowadays,I got to know about this car two years back in Malaysia,my cousin owned one of these rockets but Albertho I still want to know how the CRX with a B18C would be for AutoXing???
Honda Element !?!? never saw an Element driftin',isn't it too big to drift??
Ohh and Albertho advise me on a CAI for our CR-V with a K20A,which 1 to go for and will it void the warranty as its just 3 months old.

P.S. After driving the CR-V I realised why some people are crazy for hondas!! :wink: :wink:

Ali 556
UB Junior Member

Post by Ali 556 » 07 Jun 2007, 10:46 am

albertho555 wrote:Starion WOWOWWWW :P i love them !!

i remember ripping apart a starion at a junkyard in US, sold a few parts and kept the intercooler for my eclipse :-)

Dream car for me will be

AutoX : Honda civic (under steer and no tourqe)

Street : Honda civic ?

Drag : Honda civic broken axel's EVERY day and you spin your tyers ALL the way to 4th gear <--bad thing

drift : Honda element :P (???????????)

i think im going Honda, i mean i think im going crazy :-)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 07 Jun 2007, 11:27 am

i would have to agree with you ali...as much as i have heard from ppl that are autoxing in there civics they give the evo's a tuff time!!!...there light and have awesome traction..on the corner there almost impossible to catch...but then again it also depends on the driver and the way he/she drives...

as for a crx with b18c swap for autox....i think that would be sexy!!..i have a friend in sharjah that owns a garage for honda's. he himself personaly has a crx with b18c swap..i think its for drag bcoz he had huge fat tires. and for your information ali i think your also wrong about wheel spin all the way to fourth gear...but correct me if i am wrong....i think if you can do this kind of swap with proper modds under the hood and sway bars etc you will have one mean mean mean mean machine on the track!!! btw which car is the starion??..i have never heard of it :S ..anyone care to post a pic please!!! and wkz i dont think honda element is to big to drift...i actualy think the longer the car the better drift you would get...more under steer i guess!!..again correct me if i am wrong..

You guys are damn lucky you have good garages and so many spare engines lieing around!!!..wish it was the same in qatar!!

as for the dudes tat drive the same cars..well in qatar what i saw was 3brothers which had 3identical pink landcruisers..and the best part was the numbers...check it out...1st gxr #1998, 2nd gxr 1999, and the 3rd gxr #2000 :P ....funny but weird!! :D ..

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 07 Jun 2007, 11:31 am

albertho..there is more then honda!!!... loool..i no honda is one of the funnest and simplest cars to modify with all the parts ready for you on hand...but there are also other cars with alot of potential...what about the clio sport???..i heard that is a awesome car on the track!!...engine bay is in the rear..very light weight!!..pretty kool if you think about it.....and even cooler when you modd it ;) ..i am sure it will be tight on the track!!

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 07 Jun 2007, 1:27 pm

Mitsubishi Starion:

(Y) (Y) (Y)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 07 Jun 2007, 3:48 pm

isnt this car kind of old school now ???? .....it looks like the 86 toyota drift car!!!..is it good in drift???

dxbtune
UB Junior Member

Post by dxbtune » 07 Jun 2007, 5:05 pm

Project car for me would be a nissan sunny GTIR (pulsar) perfect little track car....

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 07 Jun 2007, 5:44 pm

dxbtune wrote:Project car for me would be a nissan sunny GTIR (pulsar) perfect little track car....
hahaha !! i love this concept .. perfect sleeper :D

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 07 Jun 2007, 8:35 pm

Toyota Chaser Tourer V (4 door Supra :happy: ) - Street
dxbtune wrote:perfect little track car....
Btw when did you decide to become good boy going to track!? :D
just jocking (Y)

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 07 Jun 2007, 9:12 pm

dxbtune wrote:Project car for me would be a nissan sunny GTIR (pulsar) perfect little track car....
Ah, finally somebody got that name right :P

usaf23
UB Special Member
Vehicle:2016 Jeep SRT

Post by usaf23 » 08 Jun 2007, 12:02 am

hey tamu...u remember i told you about the 3 bros in AUD..

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 08 Jun 2007, 12:37 pm

Ali 556 wrote:
albertho555 wrote:Starion WOWOWWWW :P i love them !!

i remember ripping apart a starion at a junkyard in US, sold a few parts and kept the intercooler for my eclipse :-)

Dream car for me will be

AutoX : Honda civic (under steer and no tourqe)

Street : Honda civic ?

Drag : Honda civic broken axel's EVERY day and you spin your tyers ALL the way to 4th gear <--bad thing

drift : Honda element :P (???????????)

i think im going Honda, i mean i think im going crazy :-)
Ali556, about your negative point about a honda civic is bad for AutoX? want to prove me a better car? what have you got in mind for a good autoX car?

About it being a bad drag car ... i agree about broken axles especially if your track has VHT and your using stock axles on a 300bhp engine that were meant to handle 200bhp only.

what i can say is im a hardcore honda fan, i know an evo/supra/skyline/mark2 would be nice drag cars. a S13/14 would be great at drifts. maybe a toyota chaser would be a good autoX car? but im happy with Honda ... born Honda live Honda :-) just my views, thats all. about Honda element drifting? its a great project ... there are cheaper better looking project i understand.

Still want your view on why Civic is a bad AutoX car? about understeer ... have u seen my civic on autoX? Ask Kenny, Mileh, Accord98 and a few others how mine actually oversteers with its current setup. drop in at my place, will show you real videos of civic oversteering :-)

this is my best buddy Nigel AutoXing his friend's civic in sri lanka ... i dont see any understeer in this? do u? http://youtube.com/watch?v=DBoaPIRA9Go
will upload my videos as soon as i reduce the size.

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 08 Jun 2007, 4:35 pm

who says negative things about honda civic for AutoX? :D

better do some research first before spitting bad things about civic's on autox ... like Albertho said ... drop by he's place and he will show u how a civic runs in autoX ... :D

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 08 Jun 2007, 5:16 pm

talk about project car ... here's a tale of poor mans project autox car :D its not a B-series nor a K-series :D .. here's the story of Project Snowhite :D

Civic EF aka Snowhite :D

Snowhite's busted engine .. being strip off by my friends who volunteered to do it for free

After unlocking and removing the bolts and engine mounts .. finally the old engine was removed .. i took us hard time to remove it coz we dont have any lifters .. and we wer only doing it in a villa

and here's the engine that would be installed ... its a ZC SOHC Twin Carburetor Engine ... one of its kind (i think) in da UAE .. and possibly the only honda with a twin carburetor engine running in UAE :D

being cleaned and prepared for installation .. oh yea .. engine is worth 900 dhs.

again .. since we dont have lifters .. we have to do it manually :D and rest of my friends was there to help

Finally !! engine is already sitting on the engine bay and doing some tightening

after it was installed .. time to do some wiring :D

Me doing da wiring !!

Twin Carb Baby !! :D

after the wiring .. everything was fine ... 1st crank and the engine starts ... believe me .. u'll love the sound of a Twin Carb Engine :D as of now ... wer still waiting for our friend from KSA to do some old school tuning .. a possibility of doing a webber setup !! :D .. the car would be ready on the next autox season .. since it was a group project .. everyone is free to drive da car who's willing to participate ... everyone contributed 100dhs each to purchase the engine .. its a not superduper HP engine but it has lots of potentials :D