A good turbo build?

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
umarcrespo333
UB Junior Member

Post by umarcrespo333 » 24 Jul 2017, 9:58 pm

Hello,

New user. I am not new to the car world but just underage (17). Soon I'll be able to do some stuff on the car.

My god I have a lot of questions. First of all, I checked on ebay turbo kits and they give decent power but a lot of negativity on it's reliabilty.

I have heard you can find a decent 2jz in a Sharjah scrapyard for about 1200 dirhams(heard could be wrong). So i was thinking making a visit to one of those scrapyards would find me a good reliable turbo (out of a toyota or a nissan or any jdm car) making decent boost(cuz lets see im not rich and not looking for a thousand horsepower). The car will be my daily with some off road trips. So what would be the cost of a used turbocharger and where would I find it? Also there is the thing of the manifold cuz it is a 6-2-1 and the pipes join really low (under the car, not a suitable place for a turbo). I looked at a turbo manifold and it was 5000 dhs!!!! way out of budget. So where and how much would it cost to get yours fabricated?

Toyota LandCruiser 2001 gxr v6

ali900
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:SC400

Post by ali900 » 26 Jul 2017, 11:07 am

I believe finding the engine is not the issue but actually making it reliable to your tune + the other parts you'll use. The other half of the battle is registering it and ensuring it will pass.

umarcrespo333
UB Junior Member

Post by umarcrespo333 » 27 Jul 2017, 5:36 am

ali900 wrote:
26 Jul 2017, 11:07 am
I believe finding the engine is not the issue but actually making it reliable to your tune + the other parts you'll use. The other half of the battle is registering it and ensuring it will pass.

The car is already registered so no worries there, because i think they dont do inspection on renewing registration(right?)
The engine is rebuilt and can do 450hp on stock internals. So, i want to get around the 300hp mark on about 5-7 psi (possible i think low boost). If the car goes through inspection a small kit is not hard to remove.
Or anyway what do you recommend for a 1fzfe to get to a safe 300hp? (not too expensive and not too cheap sorta daily stuff)

ali900
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:SC400

Post by ali900 » 29 Jul 2017, 11:28 am

If the car is new, no inspection for the first year if I'm not mistaken. If the car is older then there is inspection (PASSING) every year when you renew, also depends which emirate and all.

Will PM with further details =)