lancer couple 99 model need

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 28 Mar 2006, 11:01 am

t-dogg, were not saying Pod Filters - were talking bout CAI - (COLD AIR INTAKE)

Look it up, CAI take in COLD air (hence COLD AIR INTAKE) - so it will NOT take in warm engine air - hence a Hp gain and a nice sound!

For example, my 1.6L (same engine size as KingKenny's) = with a CAI, has been proven to add between 9-14 Hp (depending on the intake) - between 5500 and 8000 Rpm.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 28 Mar 2006, 11:24 am

t-dogg wrote:a decent engine doesnt mean it has to be big displacement. i meant a good base engine that has a fair stock power and a cheap $perHP rate.
A fast car is more than power. It has so much more. An RB26DETT, is a good engine.. though an LS7 is a far better engine. Wanna talk about reliability, torque and drivability? That's what makes a fast car.

A good base engine.. give me an example.
t-dogg wrote: how do u define a bolt on kit being an EASY 30% gain? and have u done one of these b4? r u talkin from experience or something??.. i dont trust a bolt on kit at all its full of shit.. ur car will blow easily.
A bolt on kit, and I did many of them in my life, is a kit you can just bolt on to your car. No welding, no cutting, just bolt it straight on, and tune it. It's as easy as breathing. Frankly, if KingKenny would buy a bolt on turbo kit, and ask me to help him, i'm more than happy to.
t-dogg wrote: an aftermarket blowoffvalve IF it ever changed performance it would be that it would looseee power not gain.
A blow off valve NEVER gives you more performance, for a person who claims to have a skyline, I was hoping you knew this.

Lemme tell you how a bov works.. When revving your engine you create a lot of boost.. when you shift gears, or shut the TB (lift of the gas) the turbo is still spinning and still creates boost.. Now your piping (intercooler / intake) is under a lot of pressure. To avoid damage to your turbo or your piping, a bov will release this extra pressure.. this is also what the "pssshtt" sound is between shifts. THAT, my friends, is what a blow off valve does.. it doesn't generate any power whatsoever.
t-dogg wrote: As some are set out to release more pressure than needed.. just so it has a nice sound to it
It has to release all pressure in the piping.. why? For the live of the turbo. Piping under pressure will push back into the compressor and that damages your blower.

t-dogg wrote: also im sure i mentioned that aftermarket podfilters cause loss of power due to heat..
Besides you nobody ever mentioned just a POD filter.. I was always talking about a CAI (explained by Accord89). CAI's do add power. It sucks in the air from a colder source.. Turbo'd cars usually do have pod filters, since the air heats up tremendously yet is cooled down by an intercooler.

Thanks,
Michael

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 28 Mar 2006, 1:12 pm

im talkin bout if youve done an acual bolt on TURBO KIT yourself.. i dont wanna know about your bolt on mufflers and bumpers

WHEN DID I SAY BOV INCREASES PERFORMANCE?? I said an aftermarket one is only needed when high amounts of boost is produced. I'm not fully sure on how it works when u have an aftermarket one for the wrong reasons but when gear changing occurs it doesnt have time to fully open adn shut and cause some boost to be leaked

I Already explained what is a good engine to start with!! why do i have to put examples.. i Never said it has to be a GTR engine or an LS7 or any of that. you need to read again as i dont know why i have to explain myself

an rb20/25det, , 4g63, wrx, sr20det wat ever.. all those are good.. not something like a d15 or a sohc engine that is made for getting ur granny to the bingo and back

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 28 Mar 2006, 1:20 pm

Accord98 wrote:t-dogg, were not saying Pod Filters - were talking bout CAI - (COLD AIR INTAKE)

Look it up, CAI take in COLD air (hence COLD AIR INTAKE) - so it will NOT take in warm engine air - hence a Hp gain and a nice sound!

For example, my 1.6L (same engine size as KingKenny's) = with a CAI, has been proven to add between 9-14 Hp (depending on the intake) - between 5500 and 8000 Rpm.
TIME TO GET GLASSES BUDDY
t-dogg wrote:sure i mentioned that aftermarket podfilters cause loss of power due to heat.. as its more exposed to the engine heat.. most of the airfilter boxes have been designed to do a good job.. if you get a cheap plug on one, it will just make noise and thats it.. but yea i guess if you get a proper kit then its fair to say you have some power gains
intake kit is what i was refering to if you were paying enough attention mr smarty.. its a typical hondadriver symptom ;) its ok
Last edited by t-dogg on 28 Mar 2006, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 28 Mar 2006, 1:21 pm

I have installed turbochargers.

By saying..
I'm not fully sure on how it works when u have an aftermarket one for the wrong reasons but when gear changing occurs it doesnt have time to fully open adn shut and cause some boost to be leaked
I know you don't know what you are talking about. Go to google, see what a blow off valve does and then come back. A bov has to leak boost at the right time.
t-dogg wrote:you need to read again as i dont know why i have to explain myself
an rb20/25det, , 4g63, wrx, sr20det wat ever.. all those are good.. not something like a d15 or a sohc engine that is made for getting ur granny to the bingo and back
I read it again.. and
t-dogg wrote: a decent engine doesnt mean it has to be big displacement. i meant a good base engine that has a fair stock power and a cheap $perHP rate
$ per hp is usually for upgrades. That's it. An engine usually comes with the entire car. Otherwise, what's the price of an RB26DETT? not much less than an LS7, but the hp difference is quite more.

I'm sick of making this thread go to waste.. All of us were trying to help KingKenny for his car.. Coming in and saying "not possible, dont do it, not worth it".. will help alot.

Yes I'm ranting.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 28 Mar 2006, 1:22 pm

t-dogg wrote:TIME TO GET GLASSES BUDDY
That's personal insult, don't do that anymore. That's what the fight forum is for, not this engine forum.

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 28 Mar 2006, 1:28 pm

yea yea what ever. he insulted me there.. was indirect but it was clearly there

second thing. your still not getting me dude.. I really didnt mean CHANGE THE ENGINE... change it to a car that has a good engine! by $ per HP .. i mean the amount of money you spend ratio to the power your making.. with this car you wont get very farrrr

IS IT CLEAR?

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 28 Mar 2006, 3:17 pm

t-dogg...... whateva....

You should carry a Dictionary around with you.....
look up the word "insult" and look up the word "explanation"

Dont blame you, maybe your english is bad or something.
And if you do knw the difference, well then -- some ppl get insulted - guess their a little insecure.....

Take this to the fight forum if you want..... or grow up a little instead?
Whatever u like......

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 28 Mar 2006, 4:06 pm

Accord98 wrote:t-dogg, were not saying Pod Filters - were talking bout CAI - (COLD AIR INTAKE)

ok mature boy. look at the way your trying to explain things.. your main purpose was to try to get smart on me..

Your lack of basic physics and common sense is what suprises me. Unless there is a refridgerater inside that tube, tell me how hot engine air gets cold with a metal pipe? Its main rereason is to reflect heat from the tube (since the original is a plastic and is a weak insulator of heat). But it will not change the state/temperture of air being sucked by the airfilter.

The most effective way is having your podfilter at the end held isolated or as far away from the engine as possible. possibly down beside the bumper is a popular way of doing it
Take this to the fight forum if you want..... or grow up a little instead?
Whatever u like......
this is the funniest bit. Taking it to the fight forums or growing up? Sounds like your keen on either so it really conveys your maturity.

And at the end, I only insulted you because you were trying to outsmart me with an empty statement. You miss-read my last post and "mocked" me against it. really sad of you.. :cry:

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 28 Mar 2006, 5:17 pm

ok ...think what u want....

Ur a waste of my time....

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 29 Mar 2006, 12:17 am

t-dogg wrote:The most effective way is having your podfilter at the end held isolated or as far away from the engine as possible. possibly down beside the bumper is a popular way of doing it
This is called a cold air intake.

Locked.