Fuel Injectors... ever wonder how they REALLY work? whats in

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
archaeic_bloke
UB Junior Member

Post by archaeic_bloke » 10 Mar 2011, 9:27 am

I'd ordered these Deno fuel injectors second hand from Japan a little while back, and thought it might be a good idea to get them checked out. So today I went to a shop, but I ended up doing a full write up on everything you could ever want to know about fuel injectors!

Whats inside, how they work, cleaning, balancing and flow testing, all explained in great detail in this article I wrote up: http://tinyurl.com/474p88k

I figured pretty much everyone would appreciate a little extra knowledge on the subject, I know I sure learnt a lot today! I also made a video (posted in the article) that shows the whole process start to finish.

This is the testing rig, all wired up...

and this is the cleaning process....

It was pretty cool to see how the injectors actually spray, how quick they work, and holy god how much volume they can move in a matter of seconds!

It was an excellent experience, that really had some definitive, conclusive results.... meaning... we tested them for a baseline, cleaned them and then re-tested them and the results were pretty impressive! I'd say injector cleaning and balancing is one of those things for second hand injectors, or even just old injectors that will make a world of difference. Hope you guys like it and find it marginally interesting lol...

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 16 Mar 2011, 11:58 am

Really helpful post,cleared up alot that was going through my head as I'm looking for injectors myself.Don't think there are many places which do the ultra-sonic cleaning here,so no point of rebuilding.

zaincarcare

Post by zaincarcare » 23 Aug 2012, 3:12 pm

I didn't knew this much about the fuel injectors that how exactly they work, but your article explained everything clearly. Keep sharing more such posts.