Real ECU mapping / individual chiptuning

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
cybershot
UB Junior Member

Post by cybershot » 14 Mar 2011, 10:12 am

Hey guys

I already posted my TT project here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=11647

Question for those who know the workshops in the UAE better then me.

1, Who can do an real ECU flash with there own file! No piggyback etc.

2, Who has real good files and know what they are talking about?

3, Who can even handle MED 17 ECU's (after sep.2009) and tuning protection level 10?

I checked several "workshops" and could not belief what they did! Disabled the “fail-safe-mode” for most of the engine components and even for the ordinary Golf GTI with the K03 turbo, they messed up and most of the time the engine runs to lean. They don’t have any idea what they modify. Just raised the turbo pressure and that’s it!

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 14 Mar 2011, 12:13 pm

cybershot wrote: I checked several "workshops" and could not belief what they did! Disabled the “fail-safe-mode” for most of the engine components and even for the ordinary Golf GTI with the K03 turbo, they messed up and most of the time the engine runs to lean. They don’t have any idea what they modify. Just raised the turbo pressure and that’s it!
+1
Most of the tuners here don't know their shit!
Sub-Zero might be able to sort you out

RasHooD
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Nissan Cefiro A31 Turbo

Post by RasHooD » 14 Mar 2011, 12:38 pm

Speak to Mario from Subzero : 050-2944478

ekU
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:05 Z33 6MT TN ST + 92 mark2 1JZ TT

Post by ekU » 14 Mar 2011, 12:41 pm

go to anyone but dont ever trust the local tuners i mean arabs here.......no offense....
i think for gti you should check TAM..... they are good with german cars.... they have seat cupra for their own racing team....

RasHooD
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Nissan Cefiro A31 Turbo

Post by RasHooD » 14 Mar 2011, 1:07 pm

Mario ain't Arab mate, he's an Australian I guess...

cybershot
UB Junior Member

Post by cybershot » 14 Mar 2011, 3:00 pm

Ok, I am not looking for an tuner!! I just want to know who you guys trusting???

Who knows what he dos and even can explane the file they flash.

I am not kidding, here my expiriance from an Audi S3 file from an tuning done here in the UAE!!!

They managet to program 1,45 bar turbo pressure in the "fail-safe-mode"

They don't even know that there are 2 lines for the turbo. 1 for the normal run and 1 for the "fail safe mode" which shall be with min turbo pressure! This is what I call an R.I.P file, done from dumm "wannabe" tuners!!!

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 14 Mar 2011, 5:41 pm

Did you try Digi-Tec?

cybershot
UB Junior Member

Post by cybershot » 15 Mar 2011, 10:22 am

TNT wrote:Did you try Digi-Tec?
No actually I did not. As per there homepage they don't have a distributor in the UAE. I know the guy in Marl-Germany who developing files for Digi Tec. Maybe this is an option. Will write him an mail.

Do you have an contact to Digi Tec in the UAE?

Where do you guys go to, to tune you cars??

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 15 Mar 2011, 10:39 am

I never tuned my car so I wouldn't know.
Digi-Tec does have a shop in UAE, I vividly remember seeing their ads.

EDIT: Quick Google search revealed this http://www.digitecme.com/

ekU
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:05 Z33 6MT TN ST + 92 mark2 1JZ TT

Post by ekU » 20 Mar 2011, 11:06 am

cybershot wrote:
on UB you will hardly find any1 into europeon cars...evrything in dubai is about japan;s or americans...for japanese MoTec will be there under 60% of highly modified cars...and 60% of cars under 500hp go for piggybacks like unichip,e-manage.... fo americans they have reflash...

Digi-Tech is in Al Qouz ind area, i have seen some R8's over there.....

cybershot
UB Junior Member

Post by cybershot » 20 Mar 2011, 3:49 pm

ekU wrote:
cybershot wrote:
on UB you will hardly find any1 into europeon cars...evrything in dubai is about japan;s or americans...for japanese MoTec will be there under 60% of highly modified cars...and 60% of cars under 500hp go for piggybacks like unichip,e-manage.... fo americans they have reflash...

Digi-Tech is in Al Qouz ind area, i have seen some R8's over there.....

No, I did not contact Digi-Tec in Dubai. I contacted Digitec in Germany (where they are usualy from) and as per there statement, they don't have a brance in Dubai. :roll: Check here: http://www.digi-tec.de/internationale-center/

I wanted to get somebody with Digi-Tec file first and read who has done the master file and if it is only a Slave file, it was bought from somewhere (again not done themself). Will see. What I found till now is a pile of sh**t sold for much $$$!

I am used that the engine gets tested on the laboratory with several different hardware setups and software setups to develop 3-4 stages for the mantority of costumers. Easy engine remap till wild Turbo upgrades and then afterwards the finished file to be tested on the cra with an feedback from the testdriver to the engeneers in the labratory.

Like here the last Stage of the TTRS (original 340 HP, now stage 5 with 720HP)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=df-yU-g6 ... r_embedded

Things here are manly cheating the costumers, which I am realy disapointed with. Maybe I have to get in touch with an reliable local tuner and connect him my file source in Germany, who developt the files on my TT and ABT/MTM/ AMG etc.!! :?