Yaris to be modified???

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
RasHooD
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Nissan Cefiro A31 Turbo

Post by RasHooD » 27 Jun 2011, 4:28 pm

^You couldn't have done that in Sharjah, though I've always lowered my cars..

Current Cefiro = 0 gap up front.

Gray Fox
UB Junior Member

Post by Gray Fox » 26 Jul 2011, 10:38 am

Lowering is an awesome idea. According to my knowledge- there are two alternatives: to go for a set of lowered springs or to go for a coil-over suspension kit. The former I believe is cheaper (but the springs have a short life) and the latter is expensive but a permanent solution.

I dont know how all the participants of Barbican Turbo got their rides turbo/supercharged...isnt it illegal? I believe the law allows company supercharged/turbocharged cars on the roads but then whats with this massive market for performance tuning parts when you cant get your modified car registered for the road?? :(

Matt
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:97 Wrx + 07 Wrx

Post by Matt » 26 Jul 2011, 11:06 am

its only illegal if you get caught :roll: Safest option is to get a car with a factory turbo and go from there. Its just at registration you need to dump a stock engine back in/remove turbo/supercharger to re-register the car, thats how the turbo land cruiser/patrols manage it

Gray Fox
UB Junior Member

Post by Gray Fox » 26 Jul 2011, 11:26 am

Man thats a hassle (not to mention costly too- having the turbo professionally removed and fixed back every year :P)

Bahrain Type R
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Honda Civic Type R ep3

Post by Bahrain Type R » 26 Jul 2011, 8:43 pm

Supercharged Yaris !!

The Perfect Sleeper :grin:

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 27 Jul 2011, 10:06 am

Well the laws keeps changing by the minute. :?
And also note the perception of the law point according cop number 1 is not equal to the cop number 2.
Which means while one of the cops might let you roll or not care about your so called mods,another one at another place might be interested... Its the same everywhere in the world. So lets accept that fact.
:)

Regarding your modding - My points are related to Abudhabi
Lowering is a problem as far as i know as they can fail your car during testing if its dangerously lowered. Or if its too obvious.
Supercharging or turbo charging wont fail your car in test as long as you pass the emission and noise test. Ofcourse there shouldn't be oil leaks as well.
Paint strips and special paint color permissions can be easily obtained from test centers and then work can be performed. After the paint job take it back to test center, test the car and change the paint info in mulkiya.

For your yaris.... make it a hot hatch by
Setting up a matching body kit or lip kit with side skirt.
Having a dual or multiple color paint job accenting the best features of the kit
Install a CF Hood and CF wing lip, cf mirrors, cf interior (looks great on white cars)
Lower the car and it should still be a good DD
Install better offset rims with low profile tires
Make sure the rims are flush fit with fenders or else you might have to get a spacer or adapter
Go for LED Tailight but dont install Xenons
See if you can get a internally smoked headlight with not too many halos and leds
Some custom Fog lamps
Custom exterior lighting - Simple and not rice
A clean Engine bay with some custom painting and bars

Well all this should cost you a max around 15- 20K if you get good stuff and install it decently.

A close proximity to the cost of the car.... thats why someone said why do this on a yaris.. its all personal choice... :)

Fahrer
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:AE86 Trueno

Post by Fahrer » 27 Jul 2011, 10:32 am

Neo wrote: For your yaris.... make it a hot hatch by
Having a dual or multiple color paint job accenting the best features of the kit
Install a CF Hood and CF wing lip, cf mirrors, cf interior (looks great on white cars)
Make sure the rims are flush fit with fenders or else you might have to get a spacer or adapter
See if you can get a internally smoked headlight with not too many halos and leds
Some custom Fog lamps
Oh yes, because fake CF stickers, two-tone paint, and LEDs make a hot hatch...

Neo

Post by Neo » 27 Jul 2011, 1:25 pm

Fahrer, I didnt understand your tone... so I am not clear you are in for it or not!

Anyways he got his options laid out and its his choice.... good luck to the OP

FQ400
UB Addicted Member

Post by FQ400 » 06 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

Neo wrote: For your yaris.... make it a hot hatch by
Some custom Fog lamps
Neo, AFAIK, hot hatches are fast and/or stick to the road like glue and/or have a rewarding driver experience. Where are the performance mods?

real_ashwin
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2008 SE

Post by real_ashwin » 06 Aug 2011, 2:49 pm

if i were you id do what neo said (unless ur into the sleeper look) + for performance get a aftermarket exhaust + air filter.

Neo

Post by Neo » 06 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

Wait i already mentioned, supercharger aint a problem and lowering unless its rubbing on the road shouldnt be a problem either.

I didnt recommend to do a hot hatch without the performance mods... lol otherwise it would be like my car... all show no go... but anyways i have other plans for it.

Please dont get electric supercharger or ebay stuff. I know there are bolt on kits for yaris.

But in the end the question remains... all this money spend on a yaris?