BMW Mechanic/Auto Workshop in Abu Dhabi

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
Gray Fox
UB Junior Member

Post by Gray Fox » 04 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

Hi all!

I am planning to import an E36 M3 from Japan. Prior to this huge decision, I wish to discuss a few things regarding BMW's maintenance and availability of parts. Can anyone recommend me a reliable mechanic/auto workshop in Abu Dhabi region (not AGMC please!)?

I have experience with Mercedes Benz - they are fine cars but dont have any experience with BMWs. I've recently got my first job and was thinking to import a reasonably priced (and overall maintained) E36 Coupe from Japan. Prior to this I need to know how expensive it is to maintain a BMW of that era and how easily are the parts available.

A couple of Filipinos own E36 BMWs in my area - I never got to talk to them yet - but I've seen that Filipinos are very practical when buying a car. They wont buy a brand that is unreliable and uneconomical to maintain.

Some guidance would be really appreciated :smile:

Thanks

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 04 Jul 2011, 5:43 pm

Das Autoworks.

Gray Fox
UB Junior Member

Post by Gray Fox » 04 Jul 2011, 8:02 pm

Where are they located? Mussafah?

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 05 Jul 2011, 12:38 am

http://www.bmwclubuae.com/forum/sendmessage.php

I think so. Drop them a line. The contact person is Ayham, and he's a great guy.

Gray Fox
UB Junior Member

Post by Gray Fox » 17 Jul 2011, 6:58 pm

Dropped a line around a week ago. No response so far :(

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 17 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

https://foursquare.com/venue/4990961

Call the number in the link

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 17 Jul 2011, 8:18 pm

http://bmwclubuae.com/forum/showthread. ... ht=call+me

Call the user called Ayham, his number is 050-6527722

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 18 Jul 2011, 1:02 am

Yep, same number.

yorky500
UB Junior Member

Post by yorky500 » 18 Jul 2011, 3:41 pm

Gray Fox wrote:Hi all!

I am planning to import an E36 M3 from Japan. Prior to this huge decision, I wish to discuss a few things regarding BMW's maintenance and availability of parts. Can anyone recommend me a reliable mechanic/auto workshop in Abu Dhabi region (not AGMC please!)?

I have experience with Mercedes Benz - they are fine cars but dont have any experience with BMWs. I've recently got my first job and was thinking to import a reasonably priced (and overall maintained) E36 Coupe from Japan. Prior to this I need to know how expensive it is to maintain a BMW of that era and how easily are the parts available.

A couple of Filipinos own E36 BMWs in my area - I never got to talk to them yet - but I've seen that Filipinos are very practical when buying a car. They wont buy a brand that is unreliable and uneconomical to maintain.

Some guidance would be really appreciated :smile:

Thanks
I too have an imported E36 M3, in fact, its the Euro 3.2l 6 m/t. Only had it about 4 months, but it was already in the UAE when I bought it.

Parts are NOT available in the local market, but have to be ordered from OS (in my case germany). Sure, the US and UK have a wealth of parts stores and the like, so depends on what you want to do.

Ayham (Das Auto) is based in DXB, not far from Times Square. What this guy and his team do not know about any BMW is just not worth knowing it at all. Prior to me buying mine, he gave the car a FULL bumper to bumper inspection and then presented me with a list broken down in to what needed to be replaced NOW and what could wait for later. He then priced each item by item. This was then presented to the buyer.

You will not have this luxury as you will not be seeing the car proir to purchse, however, things that mine needed were mainly hoses, bushes, end joints, seals and pipes (mine is a 97 model), etc etc.

If you plan your maintenance and get the parts in, you will save on down time.

yorky500
UB Junior Member

Post by yorky500 » 18 Jul 2011, 3:47 pm

Before I forget, the main thing to look out for is the VANOS system. Sadly, not sure how you can check this, but if that goes, then it will cost.

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 19 Jul 2011, 12:00 am

OT: Y'all know of any workshops who offer the same quality for Benz?

real_ashwin
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2008 SE

Post by real_ashwin » 19 Jul 2011, 10:35 am

Hi I remember you saying that you had experience in garages for Mercs. Can you let me know a few of those garage names i am looking to get some information for future use.

Gray Fox
UB Junior Member

Post by Gray Fox » 20 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

@ York

Thanks man for the detailed response. Importing parts from abroad is an expensive affair :( Guess I shall have to settle down for a ordinary 3 series coupe. Do you still have your M3? Post up some pictures man :)

@ WKZ , real-ashwin:

Look out for Al Maraghi Auto Repair in Mussaffah Abu Dhabi. Contact Benoy or Zakir. These two gentlemen are ex-EMC. All Mercedes Benz owners come here after their warranty with the dealership gets expired. If you have a Mercedes Benz and want a proper workshop to go to - this is the place you should be looking for.

I'll put up their number soon, as I dont have their business card with me at the moment.

real_ashwin
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2008 SE

Post by real_ashwin » 20 Jul 2011, 10:46 pm

Gray Fox wrote: @ WKZ , real-ashwin:

Look out for Al Maraghi Auto Repair in Mussaffah Abu Dhabi. Contact Benoy or Zakir. These two gentlemen are ex-EMC. All Mercedes Benz owners come here after their warranty with the dealership gets expired. If you have a Mercedes Benz and want a proper workshop to go to - this is the place you should be looking for.

I'll put up their number soon, as I dont have their business card with me at the moment.
Any ideas for a dubai workshop though?

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 21 Jul 2011, 12:03 am

real_ashwin wrote:Hi I remember you saying that you had experience in garages for Mercs. Can you let me know a few of those garage names i am looking to get some information for future use.
I've had experiences with a few but the only one I can suggest is Silu Garage behind Sedana,Sharjah Industrial.They do try to rip people who don't know their parts and Benz so buy parts on your own and discuss the rates in advance.