Will my GS300 be passed in dubai if i swap it to 2jz

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
alloys
UB Junior Member

Post by alloys » 30 Nov 2011, 5:28 am

i wanted to know if it will be passed if anyone have idea if i swap my gs300 to 2jz twin turbo

if it will be passed please imform me thanx for ur help

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 30 Nov 2011, 7:25 am

As far as I know, it wont! I can say based on Abudhabi rules. Especially if the engine mountings are altered!

James
UB Junior Member

Post by James » 30 Nov 2011, 10:20 am

A GS300 has a normally aspirated 2JZ as standard so would not be the problem.
The problem would be the 2 turbos on a twin turbo 2JZ which would be shouting "Fail! Fail!" at the test centre.
Stupid rules......
:(

Edit - What year is your GS300? If it is a newer one you may be running a 3GR. As far as I know you could sill swap in a N/A 2JZ and it will pass inspection but definitely think you will not pass inspection with a few random turbos attached.
Maybe Sam or one of the other guys can confirm this.

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 30 Nov 2011, 10:36 am

Will pass without any issues if its a stock 2JZ-GTE.

Neo

Post by Neo » 30 Nov 2011, 10:42 am

If you are altering the engine mountings, or using engine from another brand... The chances are nil. They dont give permission for those.
By the way you can take permission from testing centers and swap the engine and bring it back for certification. In this way the new engine number will be reflected in the Federal system. The issue with turbo is, if not done properly, there will be oil leaks, pollution and noise. That could be a problem. I see turbo cars passing inspections as long as they arent noisy.

Again basing my replies on Abudhabi Emirates!

Matt
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:97 Wrx + 07 Wrx

Post by Matt » 30 Nov 2011, 12:25 pm

the mounts are the same as far as i know... its a straight swap, but when you take it to the tasjeel keep the engine bay stock

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 30 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

Keep it all stock and she will pass

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 30 Nov 2011, 2:26 pm

James wrote:A GS300 has a normally aspirated 2JZ as standard so would not be the problem.
The problem would be the 2 turbos on a twin turbo 2JZ which would be shouting "Fail! Fail!" at the test centre.
WKZ wrote:Will pass without any issues if its a stock 2JZ-GTE.
Matt wrote:the mounts are the same as far as i know... its a straight swap, but when you take it to the tasjeel keep the engine bay stock
UAE NEWBIE wrote:Keep it all stock and she will pass
+10. As long as it looks stock, you have nothing to worry about. Go ahead with the swap. Why not have a build thread in the meantime? :wink:

alloys
UB Junior Member

Post by alloys » 02 Dec 2011, 6:50 am

James wrote:A GS300 has a normally aspirated 2JZ as standard so would not be the problem.
Stupid rules......
:(

Edit - What year is your GS300? If it is a newer one you may be running a 3GR. As far as I know you could sill swap in a N/A 2JZ and it will pass inspection but definitely think you will not pass inspection with a few random turbos attached.
Maybe Sam or one of the other guys can confirm this.
My gs300 is 2002 so if its possible i can remove the turbos for inspection and equip it after inspection possible?

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 02 Dec 2011, 9:57 am

alloys wrote:My gs300 is 2002 so if its possible i can remove the turbos for inspection and equip it after inspection possible?
Aftermarket turbos or stock ones?

James
UB Junior Member

Post by James » 03 Dec 2011, 1:57 pm

If you are running a 2JZGE you could bolt on a low pressure turbo thus giving you a Turbo 2JZ with some nice power gains. You could then remove the turbo for inspection.
However, this is not the same as replacing your 2JZGE with a 2JZGTE.
The 2JZGE has a higher compression ratio of about 9 : 6 : 1 which is why you would only be able to use a low pressure turbo.
The 2JZGTE has a compression ratio of about 8 : 5 : 1 and relies on the turbos to build pressure. It also has completely different internals etc.
I am guessing that if you remove the turbos on a 2JZGTE that the car may run like a complete dog due to low compression which means that it would probably fail inspection for legitimate reasons.

I am surprised that nobody on this forum with more knowledge than me has not posted up some advice.
Every time a member on here buys a new car (no matter what make) there is always someone who says "chuck a JZ in it!" :grin:

ultrablue662
UB Dedicated Member

Post by ultrablue662 » 03 Dec 2011, 10:00 pm

As long as it doesnt sound like a boat and the job "looks" stock, there will be little questions.

Keep the same stok mounts, make sure they are stock turbos and in the stock positions, and most importantly, keep the engine cover on.

Most testers do not even think to check if whats under the cover is the stock motor.

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 05 Dec 2011, 6:42 pm

James wrote:If you are running a 2JZGE you could bolt on a low pressure turbo thus giving you a Turbo 2JZ with some nice power gains. You could then remove the turbo for inspection.
However, this is not the same as replacing your 2JZGE with a 2JZGTE.
The 2JZGE has a higher compression ratio of about 9 : 6 : 1 which is why you would only be able to use a low pressure turbo.
The 2JZGTE has a compression ratio of about 8 : 5 : 1 and relies on the turbos to build pressure. It also has completely different internals etc.
I am guessing that if you remove the turbos on a 2JZGTE that the car may run like a complete dog due to low compression which means that it would probably fail inspection for legitimate reasons.

I am surprised that nobody on this forum with more knowledge than me has not posted up some advice.
Every time a member on here buys a new car (no matter what make) there is always someone who says "chuck a JZ in it!" :grin:
bullshit the 2jzge is strong as. Have run over 900hp from completely stock one. dont know the actual figure as we maxed the dyno on 19psi, but ran 23 on the street. When turboing a high comp engine forget this low pressure crap just run one size up on the exhaust housing this will help with detonation. If your really stressed run a water meth kit. What the hell is a low pressure turbo anyway?

Also the second part of your statement is completely wrong. The early na 2jz's non vvti models run the same rods block everything in the bottom end. The head flows slightly more and the pistons are slightly high compression. The later vvti's are completely different.

If you have a non vvti 2jz....pass inspection, slap on a big master power or some other cheap turbo, maybe even a holset hx35 or 40 maybe a water meth kit then add suport mods and smash out over 700hp with ease.

James
UB Junior Member

Post by James » 05 Dec 2011, 7:23 pm

UAE NEWBIE wrote:
James wrote: I am surprised that nobody on this forum with more knowledge than me has not posted up some advice.
bullshit....
I was providing some information that I thought might be helpful but I acknowledged that there would obviously be members on here with more knowledge than me.
At least we all now know that all we have to do is strap a big turbo on a 2JZGE. 900 BHP with stock internals sounds brilliant to me.
I am wrong and you are right etc.
Thats me told off and feeling pretty silly.

Neo

Post by Neo » 05 Dec 2011, 10:22 pm

LOL!!! You are right, he is wrong.. doesnt matter the question still exists... Will he pass the test?

:grin: