Reliable garage for exhaust work?

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 02 Apr 2012, 3:24 pm

Due to the new Sharjah rule, I'm scared of taking my car out in the evenings and night, the only time I actually get to drive it.

I'm looking for a garage:

1) That can help me identify if my exhaust is stock or not

2) That can figure out what work needs to be done, i.e. if the whole exhaust needs to be replaced, or just the muffler

3) That can arrange for the parts, it could be the original Miata exhaust shipped from overseas, or an OEM Mazda or just plain OEM part from a scrapyard (Umm Ramool/Sharjah Industrial)

4) That does reliable work

5) That must not cost a bomb

I've received the following recommendations from friends, but I need a permanent solution, and not some half-arsed job just to save a few hundreds or a rush job:

1) Peak Performance (ex-Evolve garage)

2) Gulf Exhaust (opposite Festival City?)

3) Capital Auto (will they rip me off?)

4) Lap57 (15 minute walk from my place)

Thanks in advance.

7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 02 Apr 2012, 5:11 pm

Exhaust work is simple shit, any bangali shop will do they same work as other people will. The shops on BMW road - Sharjah will do a decent job, go there get your stuff done. Probably you will just need to get your muffler changed. Dont worry they wont destroy your car. Oh and about being stock or not, no one can tell, you just have to compare yours with another miata i guess. Khawaneej is one of the famous places to do exhaust work, you can check with them,they are on BMW road too!

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 02 Apr 2012, 7:36 pm

Just pick up a stock mufler that most of the shops have with them...they cut...they weld...its not a biggie...

why dont u look around 1st...

comatose
UB Addicted Member

Post by comatose » 03 Apr 2012, 10:18 am

Panda Performance
A2B Garage
Try Emarat Fast Track

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 03 Apr 2012, 2:30 pm

Problem with Fast Track is that they always insist in getting their own parts and I find their labour pricey. At least the one in Ghusais, next to NMC Hospital, opposite to Sahara Center is.