how to get this

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 14 Apr 2006, 12:02 pm

well my best guess is that check u axle boot or sumthing or even if u hav changed ur pads hav u been driving too ruf that might be a reason
wht the experts say?
hawk

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 14 Apr 2006, 3:21 pm

no, i dont drive it like that.Acctually im just driving it to go to uni only cuz its my dads car so cant do that to it or else he will :!: :)

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 14 Apr 2006, 3:25 pm

your dics are gone get em polished or change em ... changing brake pads wont help ...:) and the axel sound like tik tik when u only turn the car....

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 14 Apr 2006, 3:33 pm

get the discs polished from shj bmw road.. the onez r quite expensive...
Image[/img]

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 14 Apr 2006, 3:36 pm

Thanks.I was thinking about that.But i had it polished few times ,i think its time to change them.

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 15 Apr 2006, 9:31 am

yup better to get them changed
hawk

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 15 Apr 2006, 2:24 pm

Get drilled and slotted rotors then.. :D

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 19 Apr 2006, 11:31 pm

hawkeyez wrote:well
how do i lern abt diff engines how to do this ? :roll:
hawk
Getting back to ur question-

Do you know the code?
Under each hood, on each engine, on a flat section of each engine block, is stamped a little code. B18C1, EJ22, 13B... something like that. That code is there for one reason: To make you feel important. That code, you see, tells you all kinds of stuff about that engine, but only if you know what the code means. The code can tell you the engine's displacement, how old the architecture is, whether it is fuel injected, turbocharged, or has variable valve timing. It can also make you feel like the Mensa leader of engine geeks because you know what a 7M-GTE is, and everybody else in the room wouldn't know a VG30DETT if they dropped one on their foot. Here, then, is the secret decoder page. Use it wisely, and watch your feet.

Nissan
Nissan is perhaps the easiest to understand, and one of the most complete in the information the codes give. Older Nissan engines--those that just as often said Datsun on the valve cover--are an exception, giving relatively little information. The L16 for example, was an L-series engine displacing 1.6 liters and appearing in the 510. There were a variety of L-series engines ranging from the L-13 to the L-28, but the engine codes at that time gave very little information. You might guess for example, that the L-13 and L-28 are related, and probably have some parts interchangeability, but you have no way of knowing that the L-13 was a four cylinder, and the L-28 was a straight six.

Newer Nissans make more sense, however. Engine families are now two letters, such as SR, VG, VQ, or RB. A number after the engine family tells the engine's approximate displacement. The SR20 is 2.0-liters, the VG30 is 3.0, and the RB26 is 2.6. After the displacement, a series of letters tells all the details. The SR20DE is a dual overhead cam ("D" for Dual), and is fuel injected ("E" for Electronic fuel injection). The SR20DET is all that plus a turbo, while the SR20VE has no turbo, but uses variable valve timing. (Not all variable valve timing engines get a V, however.)

Knowing this, you can now tell that a VQ30DE is a 3.0-liter twin-cam, fuel-injected engine, and that an RB26DETT is a twin-turbocharged 2.6 liter. You still can't tell that the RB26DETT is a straight six, and the VQ30DE is a V6, or that the VQ is an aluminum block while the RB is an iron block, but that information is for the real know-it-alls.

Toyota
Toyota's engine code is perhaps the most elusive to the code breaker. The numbers have nothing to do with displacement, and the letters have little logical connection to what they mean. After years of study, I finally had to break down and ask. Toyota's Paul Williamsen, a guy who's in charge of teaching all this stuff over at Toyota, was the one who finally let me into the inner circle.

The most important part of a Toyota engine code is the second character--always a letter--that designates the engine family. A 7M-GTE, for example, is from the M engine family, while a 3S-GTE is from the S engine family. All engines of a particular family will share the same basic architecture, and will have significant parts interchangeability. If there is a Z after the family letter, like the 1ZZ-FE, that simply means there was once another, unrelated engine family with that same letter somewhere in the Toyota empire (including forklifts and heavy trucks) and this is the second time the letter is being used.

The number indicates the generation of the engine. The 7M-GTE represents the seventh major update to the M-series engine, while the 3S-GTE is the third of its family. What constitutes a new generation is not always clear. The 1ZZ-FE in the Corolla, for example, makes 125 hp and has no variable valve timing. The 1ZZ-FE in the base models of the 2000 Celica makes 140 hp using VVT-i, but that change was not enough to designate it a 2ZZ-FE. The 2ZZ-GE is, in fact, the GT-S engine.

After the hyphen, there is some detail information about the engine. Two of the examples so far have GTE after them, meaning they have twin cams with a wide valve angle (that's the "G"), they are turbocharged (that's the "T"), and fuel injected ("E" for Electronic fuel injection). If an engine has twin cams with a narrow valve angle, the G will be replaced with an F, like the 5S-FE from the Camry and last year's Celica, or the 1ZZ-FE in the Corolla or Celica. Generally, in Toyota's world, the F engines are built for economy, and the G engines are built for performance. If the engine uses pushrods or a single overhead cam, there will be nothing in that part of the code.

In the rare case of supercharged engines, the T is replaced with a Z. The first generation MR-2 was available with the supercharged 4A-GZE, for example, which was a supercharged version of the 4A-GE that was in both the MR-2 and Corolla GT-S.

Engines without fuel injection, forced induction, or multiple overhead cams have nothing after the family name. The 2T, for example, is an old, carbureted, pushrod engine from the Corolla.

Honda
Honda's system is simple, but much less useful. Basically there is only an engine family, a number corresponding to displacement, and a seemingly random set of letters and numbers afterward with some vague relationship to when they were designed. The B18A, for example, was the '90 to '93 Integra engine, while the B18B was a slightly updated version of the same engine for the '94 to '99 Integra. The B18C1 was the '94 to '99 GS-R. It all makes sense so far, but rather than calling the Type R a B18D, it is called the B18C5. Unless you know the specific engine already, there is little beyond engine family and displacement that can be gleaned from Honda's code.

Mazda
Mazda's rotary engines make some amount of sense. The 12A is nominally a 1.2 liter, though most agree it is actually 1.1 liters, and I would argue it is approximately 2.3. The 13B is 1.3-liters, or 2.6, depending on who you believe, but why the "B" instead of "A"? History is the answer again. There was a short-lived development engine called the 13A that had a similar displacement but entirely different dimensions. The three-rotor 20B has a similar story--there was a two-rotor 20A that never saw the light of day.

Mazda's piston engines are named with an utter disregard for common sense. Either that, or their code is so sophisticated that we have yet to break it.

Mitsubishi
Don't even bother trying to understand Mitsubishi's engine codes. The 4G-63, for example, is the Eclipse turbo engine. Any Eclipse turbo engine. As a matter of fact, the 4G-63 designation applies to several of the non-turbo Mitsubishi engines as well, in addition to the Lancer EVO engines, including the EVO V and EVO VI that have their heads reversed relative to the Eclipse.

Subaru
Subaru's system is fairly straightforward. They have only one current engine family, the EJ family. The EJ20 is the 2.0-liter, the EJ22 is the 2.2-liter, and the EJ25 is the 2.5-liter. There is little to indicate which EJ20 is turbocharged, which is twin-turbocharged, which has an open-deck block, and which is closed-deck, or any number of other important details. Like Honda, there are often letters following the displacement, such as EJ20G, EJ20H, etc., but they are only useful if you know that specific engine.

As an example of how this can be problematic, look at two possible EJ22 engines. One is the 2.2-liter base Impreza engine making a naturally-aspirated 142 hp with single-cam heads. The other is the 280-hp turbocharged powerhouse in the 22B super-Impreza. If you were shopping for engines, that might make a difference to you.

So there you have it. Nissan and Toyota are the last bastions of logic and consistency (except where they aren't), Honda and Subaru make just as much sense as they want to, and Mazda and Mitsubishi just want to scramble your brain. Figure out the last two and you will surely qualify as an engine geek.

:D :D :D Ask me if u have any further doubts :D :D :D

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 20 Apr 2006, 12:01 pm

You could as well pasted this link..

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/edito ... hnobabble/

I read that magazine as well. :)

But it wouldn't got you all that cash hehehe..

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 20 Apr 2006, 1:32 pm

mikeh wrote:You could as well pasted this link..

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/edito ... hnobabble/

I read that magazine as well. :)

But it wouldn't got you all that cash hehehe..
ma intention was not to earn cash... :) :) :)

n to b truthful, I came to kno tht one gets cash countin words after I post above article... I wanted every1 to kno... plz do not take me wrongly... :) :)

thnx

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 20 Apr 2006, 8:51 pm

thx mate
hes just kidding
v all do this sumtimes 8) :D
hawk

Ghanem AlMuhairi
UB Junior Member

Post by Ghanem AlMuhairi » 21 Apr 2006, 2:18 am

well..bro if u want to know about engines or about turbos...bla...bla...bla

there is a lot of books u can get and they really can educate you very well and give you alot of informations....

and u also can try this website...u can know alot of engines basic things

http://www.howstuffworks.com/

try to search for books on

http://www.amazon.com

or go to.....
http://www.ebay.com