Lancer99 coupe engine change suppourt required

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
o_tha3loob_o
UB Junior Member

Post by o_tha3loob_o » 08 Sep 2012, 12:12 pm

I have got a question guys and i need ur suppourt.
I wanted to ask that can lancer 99 coupe fit with evo engine?
Can it be passed in dubai?
How much the engine cause with the transmition?
Since its turbo engine, can it be removed during the passing?
Can i make an evolution engine with front wheel only?
Or what powerfull engine i can put?

I need all the answers include the expenses cuz i know mitsubishi is expensive its parts.
And i never seen someone modifying a coupe.

slidesquad
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:RWD EVOLUTION 1 CD9A

Post by slidesquad » 08 Sep 2012, 1:21 pm

Bro you have many options,

1) Evo Engine from evo 4 to 9 will fit. it not bolt on but need some fabrication work. can pass rta with no issues.

2) 6a13 VR4 gallant v6 twin turbo engine. 280 hp bolt on engine, very strong and powerfull! problems are once boosted the stock crank shaft will not last long!

3) 6a12 Mivec v6 NA engine from a FTO. the best engine for daily drive ive seen!

all the engines above when swapped can be registered in dubai with no problems.

for the evo engine you need to remove the transfer case and get a LSD or weld the center Diff to make it FWD.

you are looking at around 8,000 AED to for options 2 & 3. option 1 will cost more than 12 to 15 k!!

ive had a lancer coupe some time ago, was the best, most fun to drive car i had!

Good luck

o_tha3loob_o
UB Junior Member

Post by o_tha3loob_o » 09 Sep 2012, 2:56 am

Thanx bro for the info, but its too expensive right, do i really have to make it FWD? Is the price for engine and gear? Can u assist me for these things later if i buy? I do not want people to send me there and there, i want true people who is ready to go with me out and assist me :)

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 09 Sep 2012, 11:03 am

o_tha3loob_o wrote:Thanx bro for the info, but its too expensive right, do i really have to make it FWD? Is the price for engine and gear? Can u assist me for these things later if i buy? I do not want people to send me there and there, i want true people who is ready to go with me out and assist me :)
It will be expensive.. I wanted to do the same with my car but just couldn't afford so ended up selling it off, if u just want to build a fast car on a budget.. honda civic or toyota corolla with a engine swap will be lot cheaper and parts easy to find.. good luck!

slidesquad
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:RWD EVOLUTION 1 CD9A

Post by slidesquad » 11 Sep 2012, 12:12 pm

o_tha3loob_o wrote:Thanx bro for the info, but its too expensive right, do i really have to make it FWD? Is the price for engine and gear? Can u assist me for these things later if i buy? I do not want people to send me there and there, i want true people who is ready to go with me out and assist me :)

Bro im always ready to help out!! (Y)

it is expensive but the returns are amazing! my friend swapped a evo 4 engine into his lancer coupe and with just intake and exhaust evo 9 turbo and programming he was able to kill z06s. that also having wheel spin till 4th gear!

you could always swap to a dsm 1g engine, it FWD and can handle around 500hp stock block! cost is less but the engine is the other way around!

7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 12 Sep 2012, 10:58 pm

slidesquad wrote:

Bro im always ready to help out!! (Y)

it is expensive but the returns are amazing! my friend swapped a evo 4 engine into his lancer coupe and with just intake and exhaust evo 9 turbo and programming he was able to kill z06s. that also having wheel spin till 4th gear!

you could always swap to a dsm 1g engine, it FWD and can handle around 500hp stock block! cost is less but the engine is the other way around!
the last thing people worry about when modding is a block.