Accord Performance ISSUE..Guys help

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
blakat
UB Junior Member

Post by blakat » 10 Nov 2012, 12:07 am

Hey guys,

I have a Honda Accord 2007 that has run around 140,000 KMS since purchase from show room.. I am the second Owner.

1) When I start my car, it takes jerks (sulks) and gets started. (like dsjjhh.dsjjjhhhh..brooooom).
What can be the problem.

2) While in Neutral Gear the car shivers slightly. Can it be issue with Mounting? I hate when it vibrates that way.

3) Any tips to improve the cars performance that is Engine performance, Fuel consumption ---ONLY LEGAL TIPS :-).

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 21 Nov 2012, 2:10 pm

2 .try cleaning the throttle body (TB), you can get TB cleaner from ace and do it yourself (DIY), it might fix the shaking on idle problem.

1. for the starting problem, it could be because of the small battery. you can put the battery from the v6 accord (goto petrol station that sells batteries, tell them to look in the ac delco book for 07 accord v6 battery and replace with that). it may or may not fix your problem. any idea how old the current battery is?

3. im guessing you have the 4cyl accord. honestly there is nothing you can do to improve the performance. you can waste money on cold air intake (CAI) and stuff but the gains will be mostly just sound and 1-2hp. not worth the money, also CAI, exhaust etc are all illegal esp if you live in shj.

if you want more performance, buy the v6 6speed manual accord (there is one on sale on dubizzle right now, usa spec)

blakat
UB Junior Member

Post by blakat » 07 Jan 2013, 3:22 am

Thank u so much bro.. that was all I needed...

7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 07 Jan 2013, 2:13 pm

-->You can also check your Idle Air Control Valve and clean that too while you are cleaning your throttle body. If the problem still stays. Engine mounts most definitely. You can get a Carb cleaner from a local part store shop or a gas station, there is no need to travel 200 miles away from your house to get a carb cleaner.

-->Check whats your battery,maybe there is too much corrosion around the terminals making it a slow crank. Open the cables clean them up with a wire brush and put them back and see if it makes a difference. You can also get it checked at a part store guy and he will tell you if your battery is okay or not. A so called "V6 honda battery" wont make a difference. Even the smallest shit can make your car start perfectly if it is nicely charged.

--> Performance parts and you want to be legal? :arrow: Do you know all performance parts are sold for off road use only? Go big or go home. Dont come up with "legal performance modification" bullshit
Good day