Compressor, Engine or Spark plugs ?, What is causing this...

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 21 May 2013, 3:39 pm

Hi,
I have a 2006 Civic FD
Lately, I have observed that when I turn the car on and switch on the AC, there is engine vibrtion felt thru steering. This happens in the following scenarios:
- When switching between gears, P, N & D, always there is 1 vibration just as gear is switched
- When slowing speed and coming to a halt [minor vibration]
- When picking up speed from a stop [minor vibration]
- When in Neutral, there is a series of vibrtion, seems to be manufacturing method to keep engine out of stress or something, is it normal ?
One more thing is that when ever I'm driving I feel that the AC, randomly, is just blowing air instead of cool air every 10 mins, this is also constant I don't know if this is normal ?
The thing is that I hve driven Porsche, Mercedes, Golf, Escalade, Toyota but none of these issues regarding to AC were there.
So its either the AC Compressor, the spark plugs or something linked to the engine.
Anybody with experience willing to share his knowledge ?
Thank You

7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 21 May 2013, 11:50 pm

Its not the sparkplugs, neither it is the engine. You been driving high dollar cars which usually have over running pulley so you dont feel the vibration and built quality. Its normal for vibration and all ac compressors are clutch type where the clutch engages for a little while and disengages when not needed. vibration you should look at mounts probably. When engine is put on load and rpm is low it will vibrate. but mounts should kill that vibration so you need to check them first.

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 22 May 2013, 12:50 am

7afe wrote:Its not the sparkplugs, neither it is the engine. You been driving high dollar cars which usually have over running pulley so you dont feel the vibration and built quality. Its normal for vibration and all ac compressors are clutch type where the clutch engages for a little while and disengages when not needed. vibration you should look at mounts probably. When engine is put on load and rpm is low it will vibrate. but mounts should kill that vibration so you need to check them first.
ThanX....'ll get it checked...:)

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 23 May 2013, 5:21 pm

Engine Mounts (Y)

jdmassfack
UB Junior Member

Post by jdmassfack » 25 May 2013, 3:10 pm

same problem with the above.. need to replace the engine mounts

moreover, any shop recommendation for AC checks/repairs

Thanks in advance :happy: :grin:

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 25 May 2013, 4:03 pm

jdmassfack wrote:same problem with the above.. need to replace the engine mounts

moreover, any shop recommendation for AC checks/repairs

Thanks in advance :happy: :grin:
ThanX...if u stay in Rashidiya, the name of the garage is Abu Hail Garage in Ramool, the did a good work on my VW A/C last year...u can try, they might charge a bit extra good amount too...

If you travel from Mirdiff City Center just after Cocal Cola Interchange, switch to the right most lane and turn right along with the road, at the T-Junction, turn Left and just as you turn Left, Right side on the corner you'll see abu Hail Garage..

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 25 May 2013, 4:05 pm

wek-236 wrote:Engine Mounts (Y)
Do you knows what is costs for the mounts, any good shop that can do the job ?

ThanX..

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 07 Jun 2013, 3:53 pm

KO, I have dont it, it was the mount, he said may be its broken or loose, he didnt change it but fixed it, cost me 100...