Civic 06' Cold Air Intake

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
SamzCivic
UB Junior Member

Post by SamzCivic » 23 Apr 2006, 10:12 pm

Salaam everyone,

It has been almost 5 months since I bought my 06 Civic, but now I think it is time to install an air intake in there so that I can get maybe better sound and a few more HP.

I know the good ones are from K&N and AEM. Even though I know the oiled ones from K&N are supposed to be the best. I have installed a similar intake on a lancer, so I am familiar with the procedure, I just need the parts.

I was wondering if anyone knows a place in Dubai where I can get a Cold Air Intake kit for my 06 Civic. I have only been in Dubai for 6 months and dont know the where abouts yet to get these kind or parts.

Here is a pic of someone's 06 civic hooked up with one.

Thanks,
Samir

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 24 Apr 2006, 9:06 am

if u r looking for the K&N range try ramy trading thy hav all the K&N products
hawk

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 24 Apr 2006, 9:30 am

Check the pricing here, I guess PMS could hook you up with an intake, but I had bad experiences with them.

Otherwise, check how much they are online and how much shipping will be.. it might save you money and a head ache.

Just my 2 cents,
Michael

ps: Samir, welcome to the forums.

SamzCivic
UB Junior Member

Post by SamzCivic » 24 Apr 2006, 10:05 am

Thanks for your responses guys. Can you give me the numbers for PMS and Ramy Trading, if you know them.

Thanks again

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 25 Apr 2006, 10:28 pm

Heya,

Sorry for the late reply.. PMS can be found at:

Mob: 050 674 5072
Tel: 04 340 1804
Fax: 04 340 1805
web http://www.performanceclub.net
email performancedubai@yahoo.com

But take an advice from an oldman, import the stuff. It'll be cheaper.

SamzCivic
UB Junior Member

Post by SamzCivic » 25 Apr 2006, 11:12 pm

Mikey,

I guess you mean get it from Ebay? However most sellers on ebay are unwilling to ship overseas, let alone the fact they dont even ship to P.O. Addresses.

I called up ramy trading today but the main guy there wasnt even in. I will try calling PMS tomorrow. HOw much do you think I should be paying for a cold air intake kit?

Samir

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 25 Apr 2006, 11:41 pm

HOLD ON!

hehhe -- ive just ordered a CAI for my civic (although not a 06 model...) = but i found the best place to order it from !!!

Not PMS, Not Ramy -- they will charge you hundreds more ! - believe me i tried.

Ive found a place that brings down a shipment of K&N parts every 30-45 days, and they dont charge you an arm and a leg :)
their called UNIQUE TRADING

BUT = that is IF k&n has an intake for your car! -- which i dont think they have.....
AND neither does AEM---
so ur in a bit of a fix my friend.
You see, the engine in your car is Honda's newest technology, and although its very good, aftermarket companies (such as AEM and K&N) havent had enough time to make the "best" Air intakes yet....

Your going to have to wait a bit --- and when it does come out ! -- your going to pay shitloads for em -- cause theirs gonna be a LOOOOONNNGGGG waiting list -- and when Demand Increases, Price Increases.

To give you an idea, i paid aprx. a 1000AED for my CAI (all in all!) - but you will be looking at alot more.....

Try getting a custom one made - if you knw any places here in Dubai....

hmmm -- u may want to wait a bit to find out what other 06 Honda owners have to say as well -- i mean a CAI may not be as good as a SRI for example....

the 06 civic is pretty fast - i remember a black one tht kept up with me pretty well when i accelerated hard.. pls post pics - i would love to see ur car! (im a fan of the 06 - unfortuneatel, dont have enough money to buy one :oops: )

ok - ive been blabbering too much -- but i wuld hold up on that decision to buy it right now.... :)

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 25 Apr 2006, 11:56 pm

Hey Samir,

To give you an example, of my own experience:

I went to PMS to get an AEM cold air intake kit. I have searched it onto the website, and i saw it was around 250 USD. (a mere 800 / 900 dhs). I saw the guy at PMS (Joseph is his name) surfing to stillen.com, and see that the price would be.. took his calculator, and I was quoted 600dhs. Good price, I was thinking they get a discount because they order so much.

Then X weeks later, I had a call that my intake arrived, and was happy to bolt on an extra 15hp. I was sad to find out that it was only an AEM air filter (which costs 44 USD on the internet.. say, 200dhs ) , for which I paid 600. I told PMS it was not what I wanted, and basically asked them where the tubing and all was.. whereby I got the answer "it doesn't exist for your car". After me saying some bad words, and showing on websites that it actually DOES exist, i drove home with just an air filter.

X months later, I ordered the "real" AEM CAI from a website called http://www.ptuning.com, they shipped me my AEM intake withing 2 weeks, and I "only" paid 900 dhs. Shipping and everything included (it was even through courier, FedEx)

I installed that intake the very same day, and enjoyed the throaty sound and my extra 15hp. So, from then on.. if it's about an easy bolt-on item (intakes, headers, pulleys, ...) I import things. I'm fed up with the fact that either:

1.) you pay a low price, and get crappy quality
2.) you get decent quality, but are ripped off

A cold air intake will cost you from ptuning $250.95, so add an extra 50 USD for shipping (maximum). I can give you a "code" to give you 5% discount.. not much, but hey.. it helps. I paid a total of 290 dollars (900dhs) I think, and got it right onto my doorstep.

Call PMS and ask how much they charge, and then add an extra 125dhs for the install. (if it's under one hour)

I learned my lesson, hope this helps.

If you'd like to know more about it, you and I can meet up one of these evenings, and I can show you my intake, i installed it myself.. and you can see what to expect from AEM.

Just my 2 cents,
Michael

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 25 Apr 2006, 11:58 pm

Accord98 wrote: AND neither does AEM---
Check http://www.ptuning.com/html/search-resu ... bYear=2006 :D

Accord, intakes for your car are at http://www.ptuning.com/html/search-resu ... bYear=2000 , that's less than 1000 :D

(just to make you feel bad) hehehe

killer69
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:fj cruiser

Post by killer69 » 26 Apr 2006, 12:13 am

8) i got a 2005 acc auto. what can i do for the engine. i already have a k&n air filter and it is not bad
any thing eles for the car which will increase the power of the car
thanks.

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 26 Apr 2006, 7:42 am

killer69 wrote:8) i got a 2005 acc auto. what can i do for the engine. i already have a k&n air filter and it is not bad
any thing eles for the car which will increase the power of the car
thanks.
you want power? put a bolt on turbo...

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 26 Apr 2006, 9:28 am

you want power? put a bolt on turbo...

lets be realistic - yes a bolt on turbo will do wonders, but in Dubai - its just isnt possible without loads of wasta .....

suspension (although not adding power they look nice!) - headers, catback, pulleys are the way to go....
After if your iterested, you can pick up a fuel tuner and play around a bit - or get your ECU tuned... :)
these things seem to be what most people do in Dubai, as u "can" get them passed ... (not saying it will get passed, but it can if your lucky :) )
Mikeh - the intakes you posted from ptuning.com are for the 06 Si - im not sure, but i heard the engine layout is different to the normal 1.8 civics.
so im not sure if they are avail. for his car or not....
(just to make you feel bad) hehehe
PS - thanks, i feel bad ... :( ......hehehe

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 26 Apr 2006, 9:49 am

Accord98 wrote:so im not sure if they are avail. for his car or not....
Gotta love the internet:

AEM Releases its Cold Air Intake System for '06 Honda Civic Si: http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=480104

:D

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 26 Apr 2006, 10:46 am

mikeh i dont think u understood me (or i didnt understand you :P )

u see, the AEM your showing is for the "SI" - and i dont think its the same for a normal Civic (the ones in dubai are NOT SI's).

Yes they both are 1.8L engines, but i think (not sure), the layout is differnt for the Si .... thats why im saying, i dont think they have it for his car :)

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 26 Apr 2006, 12:17 pm

My bad, I saw a lot of commercials of the Si.. Didn't read properly. You honda people, always make it difficult (except at the red light :) )