Civic 06' Cold Air Intake

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 26 Apr 2006, 1:21 pm

:) - np Mikeh

i did some resercah and it seems that "Fujita" is one of the only companies that has it for your civic. I dont knw where u can get it from

found this on ebay - but i dont think you want to go through ebay, right?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fujita-C ... enameZWDVW

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 26 Apr 2006, 5:52 pm

accord i hav seen them my self on 06 vti's made by K&N but who noes might be fake
well as for the ramy tradings number srry mate dunt hav long time havnt been thier

its nest to danata car park in dubai

hawk

SamzCivic
UB Junior Member

Post by SamzCivic » 26 Apr 2006, 6:16 pm

Thanks for your detailed replies guys.

Accord, I have looked at the Fujita intakes on ebay but I dont trust their air filters. What I might do is order the pipes from ebay and then get the K&N filter seperately. I want the oiled filter.

Mikey, I will check out ptuning.com for the AEM filters. See if I can get a good deal online. Are AEM filters worth the money?

I tried calling Ramy again today but that guy Samir who deals with filters is never around to take a call.

Samir

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 26 Apr 2006, 6:32 pm

AEM is a good brand, and for parts like filters and such, I'd go for branded ones. Yes you pay a bit more, but no the cloth will not rip during hard acceleration. :D

The tubing is just, as the name says, a metal (alu) tube.. so not much that can go wrong with that. Yes, "brand names" do a bit more research (mounting points, bends, diameter, ..) and strap it to a dyno to see that the best one is, but then again.. you might "lose" 2 hp or something by getting other tubing.

I like my AEM filter, I often go to the gas station down here and uses the pressurized air hose to blow off the dust.. and such. My GF's car has an AEM as well.. I'm happy with their quality.

Other good brands are K&N and Injen.. And the "higher" brands like hks,blitz, .. I don't know who makes filters, but those names, you cannot go wrong.

Ramy trading seems to be a typical dubai thing.. Seems like that "Samir" guy who deals with filters is never around.. and it seems like the other salesguys there are moronic amoebas, I mean wouldn't you inform your other guys about the basics of these filters?

Sorry, i started ranting. Good luck on your quest for intakes :)

If you need any help or something, you know where to find me.

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 26 Apr 2006, 7:04 pm

Sam,

i was in alot of doubt before i ordered mine (ask mikeh how much i bugged him! :? )..... in the end i went with K&N even though it will give me 3Hp less than AEM.....(for my own reasons.. :) , which are very similar to yours)

the point is, the cone "filters" out all the dirt and dust in the air.... if you go with a cheaper quality - that dirt and dust is going to get into your car. which is a :nono: - make sure the filter is K&N, AEM, Apex'i or some other branded name...

Try and order it from a reputable dealer, i personally dont trust the ebay guys either ..... do u knw someone in US who can help you out?
i tried to find Fujita's Main Website -- couldnt??! anyone knw it?

does ptuning carry fujita? - Mikeh has had good experiences, so why not? :)

PS- ****i wonder, will you be able to beat my stock SiR with your CAI installed ?? :roll: *****

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 26 Apr 2006, 8:48 pm

Accord98 wrote:i tried to find Fujita's Main Website -- couldnt??! anyone knw it?
Google my friend: http://www.f5air.com/

I had good experience with ptuning, so I can only talk about that.. I know people who are living in the US who ordered stuff, and sometimes had to wait longer.

And yes, accord98 bugged me a lot :) Hehe.. nah, I like to help out people. And even then, 3hp, you don't feel that.. I doubt if there's any difference at all with a K&N and AEM.

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 26 Apr 2006, 10:04 pm

hmmmm Accord, what about top end 8) bwahahahaaa !! just kidding ;)

SamzCivic
UB Junior Member

Post by SamzCivic » 26 Apr 2006, 11:35 pm

Accord and Mikey,

Did you guys reset your ecu after installing the intake?

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 27 Apr 2006, 6:14 am

Samz i havent got mine yet,
but YES you should reset your ECU

Why? - i once got some very helpful and useful advice: let me share it with you! :)
Resetting your ECU is something you can do on a regular basis.. Basically, your ECU (Engine Control Unit) controls everything in the car, also your AFR (air fuel ratio). If you install something on your car, it never hurts to reset your ECU. You can do this by just cutting of the power to your ecu. Some have a fuse for the ecu itself.. Sometimes you need to disconnect the battery's negative pole. When it is disconnected, leave it for a few minutes, say 5 minutes.

If you disconnected your battery, also press the brakes a few times.. just to squeeze out the last bit of electricity in the lines.

Then connect it all again, start the car, and let it idle for a few minutes.. Then drive the first few kilometers slowly.. This will make the car learn the new AFR.. it sees "more air" coming in, and therefor has to adapt it.. It will learn a new idle ratio, ...

I once tuned a friends' supra in Dubai.. By just resetting the ECU he gained 20 horsepower (according to his Gtech meter) .. It's about a more efficient fuel mixture. - okay, you wont gain 20 horsepower, but you get the picture.. His car went from 330whp to 348 or something..

On automatics, you can somehow "change" the shifting points and adapting them to how you drive. Again, automatic transmission is also controlled by the ECU.

It's basically telling your car to learn everything again, it's never bad. I usually reset my ecu once every month or two..
hope that helps :)

does the new civic come with CVT? :roll:

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 27 Apr 2006, 8:44 am

I did, and I would recommend to do so. It won't gain much power with the ECU reset (if any), but it will re-learn the air/fuel ration (afr).. You can do this when your car is idling roughly or something..

It never hurts resetting your ecu..

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 27 Apr 2006, 10:18 am

ICEMAN is a good intake also...

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 27 Apr 2006, 11:14 am

the ICEMAN isnt avail for the new Civic -- thats the whle issue - none avail.!!

plus, isnt the ICEMAN a kinda extntion of the stock version? i havent seen any installed on a car but ive read some very positive reveiws on them - the other issue is that in the US, supposedly, they cost almost double the price of an AEM.... dunno about philipines though...

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 27 Apr 2006, 12:52 pm

Or go onto cardomain, and see what possibilities there are.. I also only saw one (I didn't look at ALL 2006 civics) car with the Fujita intake ( http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2139590/6 ) .. same picture as Sam posted..

Indeed, maybe there's no other brand yet..

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 29 Apr 2006, 10:00 am

hey sam go visit them at around 6:30 if u want to meet that stupiod guy samir well hes not that stupid he is the 1 dealing in both abu dhabi n dubai u very busy man
hawk