for b16a experts

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
GT ST@RLET
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:lexus ls400

Post by GT ST@RLET » 09 Aug 2014, 8:41 pm

hello guyz,

im thinking to get a 2000 civic with b16a, but there is an issue which with the gearbox,
the gears are not shifting easily , so if any one faced that issue , is it clutch problem or gearbox problem,
if its clutch problem where can i find a full a heavy duty(racing)clutch set with flywheel ? and if the problem with the gear where i can find that kind of gear and how much its going to cost me ?

i will be very thankful to get the answer quickly (Y)

sammyt
UB Junior Member

Post by sammyt » 10 Aug 2014, 5:09 am

lap57 i think will have what you need..sometimes there's a problem with the gearbox synchro in b series trans. how is your clutch pedal ? does it feel normal in distance ? too low ? too high ?

GT ST@RLET
UB Senior Member

Post by GT ST@RLET » 10 Aug 2014, 12:52 pm

the padel is little low and its like empty and not connected to anything, so in case of gear box issue , how much doest it cost ?

frankenstien
UB Junior Member

Post by frankenstien » 10 Aug 2014, 5:38 pm

The way you describe the pedal feel it might be a clutch problem. if it is cable type probably the cable or the cable connection is the issue, it its hydraulic then maybe the master, the slave , other clutch parts or maybe it needs to be bled to take the air of the lines.

Try to shift with engine off to check if its is shifting smoothly, if it is ,then your gear is 90% ok but there is still a chance of some problems inside.

If you have a big budjet then Lap57 is the best choice, or i can refer you to Filipino mechanic but he can only work on Fridays as he is working on a performance garage. he can fix this in 1 to 2 days if the parts
are readily available and I think is in honda

GT ST@RLET
UB Senior Member

Post by GT ST@RLET » 10 Aug 2014, 7:20 pm

I dont want to put more money, as this car which im thinking to buy, and I dont want to put in garage from the first day and go to look for a gearbox! Thanks a lot its clear to me now I will just try wht u said if with turned off engine and will decide.