Teach me how to Engine!

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
Foochum
UB Junior Member

Post by Foochum » 11 Oct 2015, 2:55 am

hey fellas!, thought id just throw it out there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First off I am on the lookout for a 2005-2006 Gmc Yukon Denali. My heart lies in this specific model. What I would like to know is, since I would love to redo this model.

Could anybody tell me a little more about this engine or confirm if its a Vin U 8th digit LQ4 6.L V8. Also does anybody know where I can acquire a new / remanufactured engine and I'm assuming a new transmission as well.

Any idea if there's a garage out there that can get you the parts and install it (labor). I'm willing to pay. Or anybody has experience in changing out an engine for another on their cars. I would love to hear your experiences and any tips and advice that anything else would come along in terms of parts with an engine change. Are superchargers illegal in dubai?. I would really love to see this model restored to its former glory cause I really detest the 2007 design and onwards.

Any idea on overall costs would be for something like this? So I could arrange for something into a budget as well.

I truly appreciate it. Thank you very much.