Engine Forum Rules

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 13 Jul 2006, 5:19 pm

Hey all,

Just to have some order in the posts here, i'd like to have some clear, simple rules:

- 1. use clear language. No, I'm not talking about minor spelling mistakes.. most of the members don't have english as their native language, but before you press submit.. re-read your post.

- 2. avoid personal attacks. This engine forum is to talk about engines, not about what crappy car the other person drives, what his nationality is or whatever.

- 3. ask relevant questions. Questions such as "is a supra better than a skyline" has many meanings, talk about engines. Whereby many think that I (mikeh) am a bad person and maybe you are afraid to ask a question, just ask the question. My goal is to share the very few things I know about engines. I will never laugh with a good posed question.

- 4. Don't be afraid to ask. If you think.. "others will laugh when I ask this..." then don't think about the others. Don't let others influence you, if you want to know something. Just ask. Don't be afraid if you think your post is about little things, or non-fast-and-furious-inspired cars.

- 5. Avoid big copy-paste posts. We've seen before that many just copy a bit about something they don't know about and just post it... Big texts, when blantly copied discourage a thread and let it die slowly.

- 6. KISS (keep it short and simple). If you have a question about something, don't beat (eat) around the bush and ask it straight away. God gave us the ability to communicate, let's make it as simple as possible.

If any more "rules"/suggestions should be added, please let me know.. but I personally would like this engine forum to become a good expierence for those who have comments, questions or suggestions.

Thank you all,

Michael

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 13 Jul 2006, 5:26 pm

mikeh wrote:
don't beat (eat) around the bush
lol okay, i already eat around the bush. (Y)
mikeh wrote: If any more "rules"/suggestions should be added, please let me know.. but I personally would like this engine forum to become a good expierence for those who have comments, questions or suggestions.
They're all fair, good and adequate. Good call, this should eliminate alot of the BS threads. :)

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 13 Jul 2006, 5:32 pm

Nice job Michael. :)

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 13 Jul 2006, 5:37 pm

Shukran habibi's :)

Well yeah, just to prevent the littering... The basic rule is:

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 13 Jul 2006, 6:10 pm

hmm .. nice

i guess it should be applied for every forum ... coz loads of stories(bushes) :lol: n less info on them ...

i hope JUZ78695650101014366....... takes care 'bout it !!!! :@