wch is da best of beast i

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
speedy
UB Junior Member

Post by speedy » 22 Jul 2006, 2:04 pm

hi to all well i want to know which is da best performance item for the engine
i guess supercharged is the best but some of mine frnd say tht
supercharger r goin to american engine mosthly
n about turbo it is on the japaneese sports car
thn from these sentenced from my frnd i m confussed alot
but still i know tht supercharger is most powerfull thn others if i m wrong so correct me brothers
wch is the best mods for stock 1.6l engine nnnnn n for 4.0l v6 engine ford mustang 2006

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 22 Jul 2006, 3:21 pm

Turbo's give you lag, which means you need to wait before something happens. Even a stock evo 9 has no punch before 3500 rpms.. After that it can go high.

For maximum numbers, you should go for turbo's. For a better day to day drivability, superchargers (roots blower types) have low end torque already.. which turbo's lack.

For your 1.6L engine, i'd say to get a turbo.. since you won't have *much* low end torque anyways.. For the mustang, usually they go with superchargers.

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 25 Jul 2006, 12:50 am

Bigger engines benifit from the supercharger more coz they dont get affected by the parasitic drag of the supercharger.
Small engine are good to go wit Turbos....

blackie
UB Junior Member

Post by blackie » 25 Jul 2006, 8:17 am

As quoted already that Superchargers have a better torque than turbo chargers due to the quick acceleration and no lagg, but the reality is even with all the lagg that you expericence on a turbo charged car, it is still better than a supercharged one,
The reason for this, is that superchargers create a a lot of heat and that robs your engine off massive horse power whereas a turbo charger does not, the main reason why cars with big wih engines usually have superchargers is that their engines are big enough to give a moderate amount of horse power back resulting in high torque at lower rpms resulting in acceleration. an example is the range rover sport, the engine it self is already the 300hp, with a supercharger installed it is 395hp, all you have is a gain in 95hp, now take the same range rover with out the supercharger and add a turbo to it, you have 425 at wheels( on the crank). This basically comes to show you that how much horse power you are robbed when you have a supercharger put into you car, the only to get the maximum horsepower from a supercharger is to have an uppgrade pulley putnto it, with this you get a 25 percent increase in horse power for you car and if you want a 100 percent boost out of your supercharger you need a high upgrade pulley this allows you to run maximum boost on you r car.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 25 Jul 2006, 8:37 am

hey blackie,

Not completely.. turbo's generate much more heat as they are driven by hot exhaust fumes. Yet indeed, the supercharger creates more drag for the engine, since it's something extra that has to be driven by the belt.

A range rover sport ... turbocharged? Does it exist? Where do you base your numbers on? Plus HP is maximum output. Turbo's will give you maximum output anyday over a supercharger.
But bigger turbo's (for bigger numbers) give you more lag. Which means that your Range Rover (or any other car will be sluggish untill 4000 RPM's and then become a beast). And who of us drive everyday in 4000+ RPM's?

Superchargers create more drag for the engine, yet their generated power makes up for it. Also, as i said before, turbo's make more heat so need more cooling... this makes you have your piping all the way through your intercooler. This piping and such, decrease flow and boost... thus also decreasing power. Superchargers (well, i'm mainly thinking about roots-type superchargers).

A nice thing about boost is that you can easily up your power, want more horses? Add another pulley on your supercharger, or tune you rlittle boost controller on a turbo..

Oh... welcome to the boards man!!

Da Mike

masroor
UB Dedicated Member

Post by masroor » 25 Jul 2006, 10:29 am

very useful info mikeh..thanx!

speedy
UB Junior Member

Post by speedy » 25 Jul 2006, 9:23 pm

well thanks for ur infos thanks to blakie n mikeh thanks alot
n i put the kit on ma 1.6l v4 engine well the person to whoom i went he says ur engine will bcome weak n dubai will not allow u to sit on turbo car wid dubai plate so he said it is better to waste in stock kits wch maximum cost u about 4450 dhs n it will work like power with delicate n u will enjoy so buy tht whole new kit for some discount of about 4160
n about my mustang 4.0 v6 automatic well he said u can put both turbo n supercharger n it will work also i thougt if i buy a single turbo kit of about 3000 dhs n a supercharg kit of about 5000 dhs i wod get into hell thn i decide to leave my mustang in its stock
well after few days i m putting some stock engine in ma mustang for 5000 dhs it will rock tooo
well again thanks to alll

Neo

Post by Neo » 26 Jul 2006, 12:24 am

Does he mean turbo charging a NA car in dubai is against the law....
IF thats true... its not good!!
One thing i promise u, put turbo or Supercharger... make sure u have adequate space and ventilation under ur hood. make sure every other pipe (water, oil, ac) is insulated from the heat produced especialy by the turbo. And be ready to work on an alternate coolin solution beyond ur existing radiator and fan assembly. Or else u wont run long enuff to enjoy the FI power.

blackie
UB Junior Member

Post by blackie » 26 Jul 2006, 7:32 am

I get my numbers becuase i'm a test driver for Land rover, ford, aston martin and volvo, and how do i know about the range rover turbo charged, lets just say all of you might one day find out but i do agree with you on most of things that you said. any way have you heard of the drift competition happening on january......

its 10 drivers from the middle east vs 10 drivers from europe, the prize money is great and the first 3 places got to japan for the chapionship.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 26 Jul 2006, 10:01 am

Drifting.. let's not get off topic. I still need to get over tokyo drift :D

Test driver, do you live in UAE?

Turbo charger range rover, yeah.. we might find out, let's say it's a concept car.

Neo

Post by Neo » 26 Jul 2006, 10:06 pm

I get my numbers becuase i'm a test driver for Land rover, ford, aston martin and volvo,
Whoa!!! Drive Aston martin!!
And wat do u mean by test driver.
Factory driver???
or Showroom assistance for test drivin.
Either case!!! its so cool dude!!

But still that doesnt qualify u to be the expert when it comes to the engine.. no offence dude...

I am so jealous!!!

blackie
UB Junior Member

Post by blackie » 27 Jul 2006, 11:57 am

yeah i live in dubai, no im not a show room test driver.... what i do and what the rest of the guys working with me do is, before any car is launched world wide, prototypes are made, we are the people that check them drive them around, see what are the problems with the car, how to improve them and mainly make it into a what it is today, my job is basically to take a brand new car that has not been launched world wide and abuse it to the point where its parts start failing,

cars that i have tested are the range rover sport, lr3,aston db9,vanquish sport and the new aston martin v8

my job here in dubai is het and abuse testing so most of the time im off road or on the track blowing engines great job is it... it might look like great job and it is but their is a lot of danger it, as people lose their lives doing this job...

blackie
UB Junior Member

Post by blackie » 27 Jul 2006, 12:01 pm

i never said i was an expert im still learning and i have a long way to go, im only 24 soo i am no genius and hey mikeh thanks for the info on the turbo chargers producing heat. and by the mikeh if you ever want to meet up post it up and we can arrange a meeting between me and u

Neo

Post by Neo » 27 Jul 2006, 12:02 pm

blackie wrote:yeah i live in dubai, no im not a show room test driver.... what i do and what the rest of the guys working with me do is, before any car is launched world wide, prototypes are made, we are the people that check them drive them around, see what are the problems with the car, how to improve them and mainly make it into a what it is today, my job is basically to take a brand new car that has not been launched world wide and abuse it to the point where its parts start failing,

cars that i have tested are the range rover sport, lr3,aston db9,vanquish sport and the new aston martin v8

my job here in dubai is het and abuse testing so most of the time im off road or on the track blowing engines great job is it... it might look like great job and it is but their is a lot of danger it, as people lose their lives doing this job...

Yes It dangerous, But it thrills too!
Not everyone wud be able to live wit a job profile like that.
Mit sound temptin in the beginning.
However, i like that!
glad to meet someone whoz got such experince, do share ur experience in the forum...

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 27 Jul 2006, 5:28 pm

blackie wrote:mikeh if you ever want to meet up post it up and we can arrange a meeting between me and u
I'd love to.. you bring a vanquish, and we can trade cars? :D