Question abt VTEC computer

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
zaq
UB Junior Member

Post by zaq » 06 Aug 2006, 6:58 pm

am juz curious .. what happened to the old engine of ur integra ? any major problem ?
welll... its a long story.... freind borrowed my car..... was having fun in a teg..... while im @ home relaxing.... then i gt a call from him saying that he heard a loud clanging sound... and the engine belts seem to have broken.... in short i realised.... that ... yea u guessed it... he Busted my engine.... still dunno the whole story.... but... the Teg runs no more!

:( :@

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 06 Aug 2006, 8:57 pm

Don't know if this info will still be usefull to you, i saw a few new boxed VAFCs lying aroung in INTRACO Trading at sharjah industrial area.

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 06 Aug 2006, 11:09 pm

hey zaq,
yup the red one was a firnds of mine ....

anyways - if ur interested PM me and we can talk about my car - if the price is right i think i might sell her. :)

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 07 Aug 2006, 9:48 am

Is the engine really damaged, or did your belt just snapped?

Accord98's SiR is good

zaq
UB Junior Member

Post by zaq » 07 Aug 2006, 10:47 am

Is the engine really damaged, or did your belt just snapped?
ohh yeah... the engine is definetlly busted....... had to recover the teg to a garage in shj.... he opened her up... and said..... its a lost cause... go buy a new engine!!!!
Accord98's SiR is good
ive pm'ed him already lets see! im sure it must be in good condition! i just hope he isnt asking too much for it! ;)

btw mike/ Accord98... there is annother SIR a 97 model.... but this guy claims tht the previous owner had a VTEC switch put in and screwed around with the engine big time.... now this guy has removed the switch.... but he says that the VTEC kicks in @ around 3k and its doesnt red line anymore.... its just goes upto 6k! any idea wht the prob is ??? do you think its ECU related??? or wht else can it be ??

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 07 Aug 2006, 11:38 am

If there's a fuel cut at a certain speed, and won't go above 6000 rpm anymore... then yes, it's the ECU.

About the belt, depends what belt snapped..if it's your timing belt (chain) for your cams, then yes.. problemo's... if it's just your serpentine belt, then "nothing" ( <- note the quotes ) is wrong..

zaq
UB Junior Member

Post by zaq » 07 Aug 2006, 12:55 pm

the timing belt had busted.... n it screwed up the engine including the water pump!

i'll be checking out the car soon..... once i have 1st hand info .. i'll see..... if its the ECU then it aint a big prob.... i just dun want another busted engine!

preludeq82
UB Junior Member

Post by preludeq82 » 07 Aug 2006, 2:22 pm

anyone wana reply to my post guys.?????????
thanks

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 07 Aug 2006, 3:48 pm

zaq wrote:i'll be checking out the car soon..... once i have 1st hand info .. i'll see..... if its the ECU then it aint a big prob.... i just dun want another busted engine!
The timing belt? That is bad indeed… sorry to heard that dude.. But it wouldn’t give a big clang, rather a well awfull clanging noise and then a “poof” and a lot of smoke.. :)

Any fuel cut things, as I said before, are ecu related. You can get another ECU… not being able to rev above 6000rpm’s is awful for you Honda guys :D

zaq
UB Junior Member

Post by zaq » 07 Aug 2006, 4:11 pm

Any fuel cut things, as I said before, are ecu related. You can get another ECU… not being able to rev above 6000rpm’s is awful for you Honda guys
not being able to Rev above 6000 is indeed a nightmare! spoke to the guy again.... now he saying that he has another ECU as well( which he is prepared to give along with the car) but he doesnt knw anybody who could wire it! says he went to Performance Motospares and they're asking for 800 quid to put it in.... is there anyway to test the ECU before putting it in ? otherwise i'd be paying another 800 to put the old one back... and then ending up burning both the ECU and car! :!:

Mike ur 2 cents wuld be appreciated! :)

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 07 Aug 2006, 6:49 pm

hmmm just to plug in an ecu 800dh?? ok .. i think we must meet up and have a look at this ... arrange a meeting and let us know zaq. if its "just the ecu" then swapping the ecu should do ... if the owner is willing to 'give away' that new ecu ... lets try if it works infront of him ... if it does > buy the car ... if it doesnt ... bye bye SiR !! :) look for another one :-) If VTEC does kick and it runs smooth, then the wiring is right ... its the ecu or one of the sensors sending a "shut the vtec up" code to the ecu (oil pressure, temperature, VSS, etc). just for the heck of it lets plug in the guys new ecu and run it and see

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 07 Aug 2006, 10:06 pm

albertho555 wrote:just for the heck of it lets plug in the guys new ecu and run it and see
Does somebody has the wiring diagrams of your model of car... then it cannot be *that* difficult with all relevant information.

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 07 Aug 2006, 10:12 pm

just wanted to see if any change with swapping the ecu ....

meemo
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2004 Honda Civic Type-R

Post by meemo » 08 Aug 2006, 1:40 am

man y do u want to replace a b18 with b16a,if the b18a is the same as b18c1 its a very nice and powerful engine,got more hp and torque than the 16.

awadkhan
UB Junior Member

Post by awadkhan » 15 Nov 2006, 9:10 pm

hello brother.... the best option would be swapping the b18a's head with a B16A's Vtec one.... that would give u good hp no's with loads of torque.... also replace ur pistons fer some high comp ones... like piston of B16A or B16B........ if u din know that B series engines are interchageable.....so u can put a B16A head onto a B18A and use B16A's ECU(Computer) with it fer fueling timing and Vtec....The Ecu code is P30 and PR3... and so will these be written on the head too....and use B18A timing belt with it and replace ur oil pump with either a b16a or a type r oil pump.....that should make ur engine Vtec... with good hp figures n loads of torque......