HP ON TUNERS

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
booster
UB Dedicated Member

Post by booster » 22 Aug 2006, 11:51 pm

Hi GUYZ

i juss wanna know wats da best hp a car can have(an every day use car)

thx

meemo
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2004 Honda Civic Type-R

Post by meemo » 23 Aug 2006, 12:16 am

depends man,if u runnin boost,its better not do drive it daily,but if u had too its better to lower ur boost pressure,and if ur tuning without FI i dont think its a problem @ all but if u r tuning proffesionally,u'll b fine.

i dont kno if i answered ur question correctly bcoz u didnt specify wat kinda car u own or askin about. and how much hp u wanna reach...

booster
UB Dedicated Member

Post by booster » 23 Aug 2006, 12:22 am

thx bro

but actually bro i meant how many hp is the best 4 a daily use car?

n the car is any of da GTR SKYLINES FAM

cuz some of ma friends threir tellin me tht a 750hp car u couldnt use it daily

tht the engine will ruin sooo thts y am askin

any way thx bro 4 helpin

meemo
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2004 Honda Civic Type-R

Post by meemo » 23 Aug 2006, 12:31 am

lol 750 is over the limits man skylines r turbocharged cars,so its not a good idea to use it everyday...
i think the skyline is stock 280 bhp its safe to tune ur exhaust system maybi addin an air filter changin ur camgears etc... as long as u dont play or high or turbo boost u'll b safe.
doin between 300 and 370 on a sky is good for a daily use i guess..

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 24 Aug 2006, 1:12 pm

Even the stock 280hp is good for driving to school/work/.. and back, since that is how nissan made them..

With turbo'd cars it's rather "boost" than HP what you talk about.. You can always up the boost in the weekend to burn rubber.

A 750hp is not for daily driving, even a 400 or 500hp turbo car is not for daily driving (unless you are one of those monkeys who drive at 7000 rpm all teh time)

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 24 Aug 2006, 10:09 pm

mikeh wrote:Even the stock 280hp is good for driving to school/work/.. and back, since that is how nissan made them..

With turbo'd cars it's rather "boost" than HP what you talk about.. You can always up the boost in the weekend to burn rubber.

A 750hp is not for daily driving, even a 400 or 500hp turbo car is not for daily driving (unless you are one of those monkeys who drive at 7000 rpm all teh time)
I totaly agree wid u Mikeh... I want to add some point from environment point of view... try to drive a environment friendly car for daily use... even ur a millionaire... care for environment which wud take care of u... ya have 700+ HP cars too... but for weekend... thts all from me... thnx

tc

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 25 Aug 2006, 6:36 pm

plus, i think besides big mofo trucks.. you don't have many 700+ hp cars on our roads anyway.

KkiL
UB Junior Member

Post by KkiL » 26 Aug 2006, 12:01 pm

mikeh wrote:plus, i think besides big mofo trucks.. you don't have many 700+ hp cars on our roads anyway.
trucks have 700hp??
ha no wonder I saw a ferrari rev up next to that 40' trailer
oh and incase u guys wanted to know, the ferrari lost, I mean there were too many curves and bends on the road.....the poor thing could keep up
I heard somewhere that the stock suspensions on the ferrari are very soft and not good at conering at over 40-50kmph
oh well, looks like I'm goin to save up for my new dream machine a mercedes 40' trailer truck
and just in case, yes the sarcasm is now over

Jin
UB Senior Member

Post by Jin » 27 Aug 2006, 10:35 pm

do u have pics or video of this race
looks intrestin!!!

Jin

alamoor
UB Junior Member

Post by alamoor » 28 Aug 2006, 1:37 am

over 700hp, to be able to use it daily, go for big block engins , you can get an engine that give 800hp without turbo and super, and still works daily,

i heard of a GMC truck that got 10 liter engine and got 1000hp from factory and used as daily, with full unlimited 3 years warranty.

i have seen a 600hp GMC in dubai agent, they wanted a 280k for it, the yokin was sold to H.H mohammed bin rashid thats what they said, i have tested the pickup , and it was 502 engine without super or turbo. and warrantyed by agent in dubai, see it in back showroom near gergash showroom of BENZ.

SKYLINE, can go as daily in 600hp. but more is hard, since it's still a 2.6 engine,

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 28 Aug 2006, 9:13 pm

alamoor wrote:over 700hp, to be able to use it daily, go for big block engins , you can get an engine that give 800hp without turbo and super, and still works daily,

SKYLINE, can go as daily in 600hp. but more is hard, since it's still a 2.6 engine,
Wow ... thats news !!! learning something new everyday !! ;) (neo)

'but more is hard eh' ... even i thought as much ...

booster> whats your budget bro? i think all the hp and boost and Psi depends on your budget first?

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 28 Aug 2006, 10:18 pm

yes, true.. if you want a reliable 500 hp car.. then buy a stock equipped 500 hp car. easy :)

Power, cheap or reliable.. you ain't getting all three.

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 29 Aug 2006, 12:35 am

Mike and boost dont go together hehehe!!!! :P

I am 100% sure u can have a 700Bhp skyline GTR which u can use for daily driving too...
Now my statement is, A 700Bhp can "which can be used for daily driving too" and not the other way round...

Its not an easy task to get into that status... Precision Tuning is all that matters....
A well maintained engine build right to specifications will last enough miles for u to be satisfied...

Problem is, most of the tuner jst boost the engine wit turbo. They dont care for the Internal hardware... Precision is the buzz word and The best tuners can definitely get these numbers rolling. I dont think my definition of best exist in UAE... So u must understand the kinda tuners i am talkin about.... look east... a country called japan...

More over, the tuners overlook the daily driving situation.. ie Cold start, idling, partial throttle etc... They tune the car completely for Full throttle. I am talkin about the Fuel mapping. Wit Devices like Apexi Neo AFC, Wideband O2 and dyno, they need to spend some real gud time to setup the car for normal use... Hence u see terrible response in partial throttle which makes the car unusable in a daily basis... See a car used in a racing circuit or drag has no benifit from the above tuning and its waste of time.. plus most of these guys dont even know how to do that properly.. All they want is the magical number and they dont care even if the engine blows up next week....

So back to the same old status... having a 750bhp daily driven car is pretty tough.... almost impossible for us atleast...

snooker
UB Junior Member

Post by snooker » 25 Sep 2006, 7:39 am

Neo wrote:Mike and boost dont go together hehehe!!!! :P

I am 100% sure u can have a 700Bhp skyline GTR which u can use for daily driving too...
Now my statement is, A 700Bhp can "which can be used for daily driving too" and not the other way round...

Its not an easy task to get into that status... Precision Tuning is all that matters....
A well maintained engine build right to specifications will last enough miles for u to be satisfied...

Problem is, most of the tuner jst boost the engine wit turbo. They dont care for the Internal hardware... Precision is the buzz word and The best tuners can definitely get these numbers rolling. I dont think my definition of best exist in UAE... So u must understand the kinda tuners i am talkin about.... look east... a country called japan...

More over, the tuners overlook the daily driving situation.. ie Cold start, idling, partial throttle etc... They tune the car completely for Full throttle. I am talkin about the Fuel mapping. Wit Devices like Apexi Neo AFC, Wideband O2 and dyno, they need to spend some real gud time to setup the car for normal use... Hence u see terrible response in partial throttle which makes the car unusable in a daily basis... See a car used in a racing circuit or drag has no benifit from the above tuning and its waste of time.. plus most of these guys dont even know how to do that properly.. All they want is the magical number and they dont care even if the engine blows up next week....

So back to the same old status... having a 750bhp daily driven car is pretty tough.... almost impossible for us atleast...
Very comprehensive and impressive..!! (Y)
Thank u so much bro for this input.
I'm kinda new to the tuning scene and was just about to spend thousands of dollars on tuning my gt-r to reach the 800whp range :!: . have no serious plans on going to the track for racing or drag..
I just wanted to be cool and have a super fast car while it's my daily ride :? .
After reading this post ,I searched for more info and found that with few modifications my gt-r r32 ,will be around 300/400 whp,,which is more than enough to enjoy the car on public roads..
My mistake was to think that those highly modded cars are reliable for daily use :?: ,,so many things learnt today..
Again,thanks a lot guys for this awesome forum.

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 25 Sep 2006, 12:57 pm

snooker wrote:Again,thanks a lot guys for this awesome forum.
Welcome to the board :D