Grounding kit

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 24 Sep 2006, 10:54 am

Dear All,

After looking a little bit around.. I am thinking of putting a grounding kit in my car.. and I was wondering, who of you have a grounding kit installed? And if so, what are your experiences in this climate?

I know I saw it in under somebody's bonnet, but I don't know if that guy was a UAEBoost guy or not...

Thanks,
Michael

meemo
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2004 Honda Civic Type-R

Post by meemo » 25 Sep 2006, 2:25 am

mikeh i dont think u'd notice that much difference when u add a grounding kit,it only prevents from lossing hp.

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 25 Sep 2006, 9:29 am

i think ders no harm on putting grounding kit !! i ask sumwun wer i can get it and they gave me this quote:

Ground Wire Gauge 10- 5 points Gorunding Kit = 150 dhs.

Volt Stabilizer w/ light (For Grounding Kit) = 70 dhs.

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 25 Sep 2006, 10:36 am

got this kit in my car in the philippines, gains you cannot really notice HP wise.. but youll feel good after installing this upgrade..

If you could get a Gauge 4 wires much better, Gauge 8 will do. you can DIY it mikeh..

or you could just buy the kit to save you the hassle of crimping wires..

one thing youll notice is the current is much improved..

example..
did you ever experience this? when your playing your radio loud enough, theres an instance the that when the bass kicks in, your car ceiling light becomes Dim in a fraction of a second?

when you install this kit, 80% percent its gonna be eliminated(dimming of light) or lessen. so that proves the current on your car is much improved than the last time..

places where you can put it..

engine
throttle body
alternator
starter
car body itself..

remember this ground is for the negative.. so dont be stupid to put all the wires in the positive pole of the battery and ground it on the body, or else youll get an early new year.. kaboom.. short circuit... hehehe... holler at me when you want to DIY it.. or install a kit itself, we can do it on your garage mikeh...

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 25 Sep 2006, 1:43 pm

wek-236 wrote:you can DIY it mikeh..
I wanted to do a DIY on this many times, but I cannot find the proper wire and clamps here. I finally found some good wire last weekend in Plugin’s in Festival City, but no clamps. I don’t expect any improvement what so ever, but a smoother idle and better electrical system is what I am looking for. If there’s room for improvement, I happily do it. It’s a cheap thing anyway, and it looks good.

Wekky, do you know any wires and clamps that I can find? I don’t mind crimping them, I like hands-on.

Thanks man
Mike

wek-236
UB Advanced Member

Post by wek-236 » 25 Sep 2006, 2:22 pm

mikeh wrote:
wek-236 wrote:you can DIY it mikeh..
I wanted to do a DIY on this many times, but I cannot find the proper wire and clamps here. I finally found some good wire last weekend in Plugin’s in Festival City, but no clamps. I don’t expect any improvement what so ever, but a smoother idle and better electrical system is what I am looking for. If there’s room for improvement, I happily do it. It’s a cheap thing anyway, and it looks good.

Wekky, do you know any wires and clamps that I can find? I don’t mind crimping them, I like hands-on.

Thanks man
Mike
about the wires i think you can get it to any electrical shops that specializes on audio system(this are also used for speakers) ask for the gauge 4 it is much more thicker than gauge 8. about the clamps i think you can get it on any hardware shop try in ACE maybe you can find it there.. also you need the rubber thingy that covers the crimp that i dont know where to get it. and last you need a metal plate with holes on it so you can screw the clamps on it with nut and bolts..

its very good actually on the flow of current all over the car. so its a very good upgrade.. you also need plastic straps to make it look nice on your engine bay..

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 25 Sep 2006, 3:33 pm

Ey Mikeh !! if ur gonna DIY it let me know .. coz i wanna install mine too !!! maybe i can bring Wek too :)

wek-236
UB Advanced Member

Post by wek-236 » 25 Sep 2006, 3:40 pm

DIY.... Count me In... im free everyday 6pm onwards.. thursday 2 pm onwards, friday the whole day.. i have some absolut bottles also I can bring with.. hehehehe

wek-236
UB Advanced Member

Post by wek-236 » 25 Sep 2006, 4:13 pm

to shed some scientific light..

http://www.sunautomobile.com/products_hyperground.htm

What is a "Ground Wire" kit?:

A newly found modification that works on nearly any car. A groundwire kit typically consists of about 5 wires which you connect to various places under the hood to improve the ground connections. These wires are basically 1400-1700 strand, 99.9% copper car audio power wires with 24k gold-plated ring terminals.

How does this benefit my car?:

More strands of wire translates into less resistance which translates to more effeciency. And with the thicker wires, you also ensure your power-hungry components are grounded as best as possible. With more effecient grounds, your engine will see less parasitic loss via the electrical system. Most new cars still come with barely adequate ground cable's and usually consit of 8-10 gauge cables made of less effecient material. These cables often have only 200-500 strands.

What can I expect to see by installing these?

Many magazine's have tested these Ground Wire kits on various models, all of which saw some kind of power gain. Anywhere from a 2-15whp peak gain in the recent Import Tuner article. Of these cars, the average gain throughout the powerband was about 2-5 whp. You can expect a 2-6whp peak gain if you own a 1.6-2.2 liter 4 cylinder car and at least a 1hp gain throughout the powerband, and maybe more.

On top of that, you will notice increased throttle response due to a better spark, brighter headlights, and your stereo system won't strain your alternator as much as before (ie: less headlight dimming when the bass hits).

You should also immediately note a smoother idle when you first start your car.

Tools you will need:

* Basic wire-stripper / Crimping tool (it does NOT have to be a 4-gauge crimp tool. My 10-12 gauge crimp tool crimped the 4 guage terminals just fine)
* Ratchet or wrenchset (I used a 10 and 12mm socket with a ratchet to undo the bolts for the ground kit)
* Knife or decent pair of scissors (can use to strip the wires, and to cut them, but not required)
* Sandpaper to prepare grounding surface.

Amp Kit and 4-ga. Terminals

Decent quality Dual 4-ga. battery Terminal

more in here...

http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/howto/groundwire/

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 25 Sep 2006, 4:18 pm

wek-236 wrote:24k gold-plated ring terminals.
gold? it would double the value of my car..

And erm.. absolut? I don't have a garage, so it will happen in the open air.. :)

wek-236
UB Advanced Member

Post by wek-236 » 25 Sep 2006, 4:25 pm

mikeh wrote:
wek-236 wrote:24k gold-plated ring terminals.
gold? it would double the value of my car..

And erm.. absolut? I don't have a garage, so it will happen in the open air.. :)
hehehe about the 24k gold plated its just an exaggeration, but those guys want their engine bay to look good.. i think its readily availabale on car audio shops.. that gold plated terminal rings.. its not that expensive bro..

anyway just set a date.. ill gladly help..

about the absolut thingy... we can do it after the DIY.. hehehem, Alcohol is not Haram for you right?

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 25 Sep 2006, 6:34 pm

hey dudes,
would like to do it myself as well - as Mikeh said - its a cheap way to make ur ride more efficient. :)

Dont knw if we will all be able to do it at one go - but maybe we can try meeting earlier on the 29th (before the Megameet) and have a go at it?!?

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 25 Sep 2006, 6:58 pm

If we combine the absolut idea and the megameet.. haram haram!!! :)

It only takes a while.. cut some wires, attach clamps, and attach it to the car.. :D But sure we can do it at my place if y'all want.

Wekky.. it ain't haram for me

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 25 Sep 2006, 7:10 pm

so can we set it on Friday ? :P BBQ sounds good !!! not haram for me either !!!

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 25 Sep 2006, 7:57 pm

WTF wrote:so can we set it on Friday ? :P BBQ sounds good !!! not haram for me either !!!
I'm not allowed to have barbeque.. :(

Well, i'd first like to have the cables before installing something.. :)