Performance parts and UAE customs

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 08 Oct 2005, 4:49 pm

I'd like to know if there are any regulations on ordering performance parts? Going from "mild" (headers, intake, cams, ...) to "wild" (supercharger, turbo, ...).

Would customs create any difficulties, and what are the best options (Normal mail, UPS, ...)? I'm sure some of you ordered things from asia/usa already..

Thank you

fatboyzlim
UB Senior Member

Post by fatboyzlim » 05 Dec 2005, 5:43 pm

ordering performance parts from outside Asia will cost you an arm and a leg dude .... happened when i was about to order my springs from Australia.. luckily I had three other friends who ordered performance parts from the same place and we split the courier costs otherwise I would have paid almost the amount of the springs for courier only .. There will be a custom check up on the goodies uv imported but as long as its thru the right channel they would nt make a fuss about it .. You might wanna check with some local dealers like Performance Group or 1001 dunes garage if there are clearance issues of any sort when importing wild stuff ..

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 18 Dec 2005, 5:50 pm

Yeah, but "just a turbo", would they take it away or let it just go through, I'd like to know before wasting like 4000 usd..

Marzx
UB Senior Member

Post by Marzx » 14 Apr 2006, 11:33 am

mikeh wrote:Yeah, but "just a turbo", would they take it away or let it just go through, I'd like to know before wasting like 4000 usd..
Too early to answer this hehe... You can import anything and everything until and unless its not flammable or is some bad drug type.. and the customs have no problems with anything... all you have to do is pay 5% for the Import/Export of Dubai

hawkeyez
UB Senior Member

Post by hawkeyez » 14 Apr 2006, 12:04 pm

well i dunt think so coz v got our turdo from US 3 years ago here n then to pak so i think its safe but u might want to check it out from the ports or customs ppl as u n the rules keep changing
hawk

Nismo
UB Senior Member

Post by Nismo » 14 Apr 2006, 2:00 pm

lol i guess am the right person to answer this ... since i was workin with Emirates Sky Cargo ... k the best i'd suggest u is to order it from sum dealer ..i mean jus give him the item number he'll get it for u .. cuz at times we use to bugg ppl ..it all depends upon the duty officer but most of the times they screw around ....theres only one way of bringin it .... pack it in such a way that the original packing is not seen .. second of all never metion turbo ...order it is shipin parts of sumthin ... dats the only way we use to do and no one botherd to check ...u need more info i'l give contacts of ppl workin there ...

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 20 Apr 2006, 12:38 am

Nismo wrote:lol i guess am the right person to answer this ... since i was workin with Emirates Sky Cargo ... k the best i'd suggest u is to order it from sum dealer ..i mean jus give him the item number he'll get it for u .. cuz at times we use to bugg ppl ..it all depends upon the duty officer but most of the times they screw around ....theres only one way of bringin it .... pack it in such a way that the original packing is not seen .. second of all never metion turbo ...order it is shipin parts of sumthin ... dats the only way we use to do and no one botherd to check ...u need more info i'l give contacts of ppl workin there ...
Thts very informative... I was wondering abt this importin performance parts in UAE... but I think as u said gettin through dealer is better n would creat less headache...

thnx agin for info

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 20 Apr 2006, 10:03 am

If you order through dealers, they'll charge extra. And since they think it's the only way of getting some parts.. they'll charge well.

I ordered stuff straight from overseas, and there was no problem whatsoever. There's a description, and the people I ordered from were to friendly to put a description like "test pipe diesel truck - not for resale - demo use only" on the box.. I guess to evade taxes and problems.

Nevertheless, the box itself had "XSPower Performace Parts" written all over it.

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 20 Apr 2006, 10:59 am

ya! u said right... dealers do charge a good amount if they r asked to get somthin... but u kno... isnt it better not to take risk... but ya u wree lucky while ur parts came in :) ... I don think all of us will be tht lucky :nono:

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 20 Apr 2006, 11:12 am

mikeh wrote:If you order through dealers, they'll charge extra. And since they think it's the only way of getting some parts.. they'll charge well.

I ordered stuff straight from overseas, and there was no problem whatsoever. There's a description, and the people I ordered from were to friendly to put a description like "test pipe diesel truck - not for resale - demo use only" on the box.. I guess to evade taxes and problems.

Nevertheless, the box itself had "XSPower Performace Parts" written all over it.
sorry to go offtopic ..

DUDE STAY AWAY FROM XSPOWER. I cant stress this enough. They are rubbish made in china products (im expecting someone to call me racist again). THe people that makes these thigns have no idea what they are used for most of the time.

I've heard so much bad things about xspower after i ordered my xspower manifold. They told me that it would not even fit! It looked bad too, the welding wasnt so clean, the metal was pretty thin. I knew it was bad news..

http://forums.skylinesdownunder.co.nz/s ... ht=xspower

here is some quotes
xs-power
High mount stainless manifold rb20/rb25

1. Face has over 1.5mm bend in it, has to be faced
2. Flanges are made of mild steel, while runners are stainless
3. Bottom of flange touches block, has to be cut
4. Bolt holes dont line up, have to be machined out
5. Turbo flange isnt flat either, has to be faced
6. Turbo flange is at wrong angle, turbo hits rocket cover and maybe bonnet too, has to be cut and re welded.

xs-power
Dump pipe rb20/rb25

1. Face not flat again, has to be faced
2. Flange made of mild steel again
3. Divided doesnt actually do anything it doesnt sit in far enough to separate gases, also doesnt fit width wise far enough
4. Separte wastegate pipe doesnt line up with wastegate! Wastegaste cant fully open, left marks on my wategate and inside of the dump pipe where it was touching, measured being 12mm out of place. Caused massive excessive boost, causing my car to blow a headgasket, lucky it didnt blow my motor up!
These are all skyline related issues... So i'm not fully sure about hte other makes.. But in the end if your happy with them, its upto u.

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 20 Apr 2006, 11:46 am

XSPower
Yeah, I heard the same.. Yet it was just in an XSPower box, since the headers I ordered are another brand. Plus, 300+ users on another forum can't be wrong. :)

But yeah, on the whole.. I heard bad things about XSPower.

Anyways, to go back onto the track. I think it's okay to order things from abroad. If you act up enough, they'll let you have it. It's not like your ordering several kilo's of XTC tablets.