Skyline GTS 25T

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
zaq
UB Junior Member

Post by zaq » 01 Feb 2007, 4:12 pm

Hi Guys!

i've been away for a long time, but i am sure this is the best place to get advice from when the problem is car related.

Anywayz.... i am quite ineterested in buying this Skyline Gts-t and was wondering... well.... wht kind of problems would i face in the summer Months, do u guys think that buying a Skyline as an everyday-driver car would be feasible ?

an last ... would anyone know any good garage... where i can get this skyline checked out before i finalize the deal.

Thnx

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 01 Feb 2007, 5:10 pm

You've made the right choice!! Is it an R32 or 33?

But yeah, i don't really know what its like owning a skyline in dubai in that summer heat, but I can tell you that the car will not annoy you like any turbo car. especially compared to a mitsi. the engine is beautiful, indestructible. Just make sure you use good quality oil and a frequent change..

If its an r32 i can tell you common problems you'll experience or anythin like that, i've owned an R32 GTS-t and an R32 GTS-4. Loved them to bits! And i'm keen for another skyline in the near future :D

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 01 Feb 2007, 6:02 pm

Zaq,

Please make sure you can register the car before proceeding to anything. Though people claim they have wasta and everything, it's getting much more difficult.

Owning a turbo car gets you problems here,

1.) the climate is warm, and you are running boost. I would recommend heavily to run on low boost when it's warm outside.

2) the cars you find here (assumed) are usually raced and raped to pieces. A beautiful (thouhg, i find the r32 not that appealing to the eye.. shoot me) piece of engineering has to be taken care of. It's like having a girlfriend, treat here bad, and she's bad, treat her nice, and you can ride it everyady (the car.. of course :P )

Maybe it is a western way of thinking, but the first 10 years of a car, how it has been treated, is important. And seeing the people here (burnouts, redlining in idle, ...), i will never own a used skyline here.

Anyhow, think twice for owning one, because of the registration and check the history. If not, it might be an expensive thing, especially for daily driving. You dont want to end up paying half or 80% of your salary (or money you borrowed/stole/whatever) to mechanics and taxis.

Just my two cents,
Mike

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 01 Feb 2007, 6:32 pm

Too many spoilt people here that just love to %#%$ up the cars. I was keen to buy a skyline here, but not anymore. I'd never buy a used car here.

And the r32 is sexy, don't diss! For its age (A japanese car from 89-92), wats more appealing :D?

Btw It was great to see at first how light the cops were on people like that, but now I am glad we have such %#%$ cops in NZ. If you get caught doing a burnout.. or caught racing.. your car will get confiscated for 30 days, you pay huge fines and lose your licence for 3 months (goes up by 3 months everytime you lose it.. also repeat offenders can end up losing their car for good). if you speed 50k's over the limit you lose you're licence and end up in jail for a night. Face court and could end up losing your licence for a year. If you crash doing something stupid you get even worse.. you can even get in trouble for reving too high.....

What we do, late at night and usually over 300 modified cars, goto industry areas where there is no-one at all we can annoy, bother or hurt.. and race sensibly :)

Our drug offenses are much much lighter tho unlike here :D

anwyay ranting off too much, back to topic

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 01 Feb 2007, 6:40 pm

t-dogg wrote:Our drug offenses are much much lighter tho unlike here :D
It's what makes life appealing :D

A more appealing car in 1990?

Image :P

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 01 Feb 2007, 6:41 pm

OH HELL NO, NOT THE GIRLS CAR!

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 01 Feb 2007, 10:14 pm

mx-5 ?

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 02 Feb 2007, 6:37 am

girl's car? eheheh t-dog wana put the GTS-T and the mazda at autodrome and see who's the girl ;-)

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 02 Feb 2007, 6:39 pm

albertho555 wrote:girl's car? eheheh t-dog wana put the GTS-T and the mazda at autodrome and see who's the girl ;-)
so true !!!

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 02 Feb 2007, 10:38 pm

looool i don't know what the hell is autodrome but if its anything to do with car racing then i'm pretty sure speed is involved.. which the mx5 lacks of greatly. And I really don't know why you'd bring that up even, because we were talking bout appearance.

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 03 Feb 2007, 12:07 am

t-dogg wrote:looool i don't know what the hell is autodrome but if its anything to do with car racing then i'm pretty sure speed is involved.. which the mx5 lacks of greatly. And I really don't know why you'd bring that up even, because we were talking bout appearance.
mx5 look good for me , somehow it is also better than gts-t !!
even bring it for the drag race , i don't think they have a big different !

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 03 Feb 2007, 12:15 am

In your eyes maybe... but in real facts and numbers, I really don't think so.

Have u owned a mx5? why are so a fond of it? I hardly see any of them on UAE roads anyway.. They sell real cheap back home and are pretty common, only girls really drive them and no1 does them up or anything. I have nothing against the car, but I have something against the fact of making the car something that its not.. Great it has 50/50 weight ratio LIKE A PORCHE but you shouldn't praise it so much just because Jay Leno says its the best car.

But yea. Not trying to take a stab at you, don't get angry please.

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member

Post by kingkenny » 03 Feb 2007, 12:24 am

t-dogg wrote:In your eyes maybe... but in real facts and numbers, I really don't think so.

Have u owned a mx5? why are so a fond of it? I hardly see any of them on UAE roads anyway.. They sell real cheap back home and are pretty common, only girls really drive them and no1 does them up or anything. I have nothing against the car, but I have something against the fact of making the car something that its not.. Great it has 50/50 weight ratio LIKE A PORCHE but you shouldn't praise it so much just because Jay Leno says its the best car.

But yea. Not trying to take a stab at you, don't get angry please.
i never see one in uae , but back to my place , there is a lot and i do ride with it . i also have a lot of racing tape for the mx5 . it is a good car !
trust me i'm not against the gts-t , but compare with the mx5 !! peronally i go for the mx5 !!it is not a girl car !!

t-dogg
UB Dedicated Member

Post by t-dogg » 03 Feb 2007, 12:51 am

Fair enough, your personal opinion mate.

zaq
UB Junior Member

Post by zaq » 03 Feb 2007, 9:22 am

hi again!

sorry for the late reply.... was off enjoying the weekend!

anywayz... the car is an r33.... 95 Model.... the seller has spent quite a lot on it infact.... and i did get it checked out by a mech. who says that the car is in pretty decent shape.

the exterior is quite excellent as well.... no dents scratches etc etc.... paint is good.... he has made it to look like a GTR rather than a gts.

abt engine mods/ ad on.... im not sure really.... i think it has a Borla exhaust..... boost controller.... he says it has Turbo timer .... Air and fuel regulators( i really dont know how that works... mind telling me ) ...

guys to tell u the truth.... i dont knw anything abt Skylines.... i mean i always was a Honda guy.... Vtec's etc.... i knw a bit... but owning a skyline will be like going to the next level.

Registration is done and is valid for another year. he is willing to gimme the car after making a MUBAYA ( buying selling agreement thru a dealer) which authorises me to drive the car. and once the registration expires i will renew the car and make a new agreement.

Feedback will be appreciated!

L8terz!

ZAq