Fuel economy tips

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 04 Jan 2008, 7:36 pm

turrbo wrote:repost!!!
link
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=287&start=0
try to match some similarities :?

that is different topic and this is different.

Ali_Type_R
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:civic coupe 97

Post by Ali_Type_R » 23 May 2009, 5:03 pm

agree and recomend all the tips
would like o add some of my own
1. driving man or auto tranny just put your gear in neutral when idle or better engine should be off when not functional that would save you gas and help save the planet
2. guys my personal experience is that the engine tech setup in a sports car is to have great performance so the sports engines usually response better with high octane and also amazingly when simply cruising at below 80kph the less octane would help the normal engine while the tuned up / sports / racing engine needs high octane for better performance and better mileage
3. yes the additives are available in the UAE and more than that an engine flushing would be excxellent on every 25k mileage oil change as that would reset your shafts and pistons & rings to almost new so it really smoothes the performance and mileage for that matter
4.A worn out engine is no good for mileage or anything else so make sure that the engine is well functional before pointing to the fuel related problems
5. from standstill make the vehicle move to the flow rather than footing down the throttle
more soon

hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 23 May 2009, 7:20 pm

Really good tips, but i have a question: In manual, while shifting gears how do you guys suggest to do the shift to get the car to have economical fuel consumption ?

Is it by the way how the driving institutes teach us, by shifting at 20,40,60 etc. ?

And for maximum performance, how should the shift be done ?

razor9999
UB Junior Member

Post by razor9999 » 16 Apr 2011, 3:20 pm

great info mate (Y)

rasshadk
UB Junior Member

Post by rasshadk » 14 Sep 2011, 11:53 pm

i was reading your all comments so thot of sharing , im a owner of a garage in rashidiyah called reliance automatic garage . the petrol which is sold in adnoc is a very low quality one dis is why its cheap just try filling it nd you will notice hw fast u gt a empty tank because of low octane levels. and as far as fuel filters are concerned its better u gt dem changed when u complete 40000 km .will reduce your petrol consumption , periodic maintenance of filters will help u in long run its cheap and i guess one of u guys hav a vibration problem when u start ur car in da morning it myt be because of a bad spark or just needs a engine flush nd btw getting engine flush improves ur cars lyf nd it isnt dat expensive.

we guys specialize in all kinds of maintenance work be it mechanical , electrical , or paint job , so if any one of you require any advice or have any car related issues feel free to contact me or just call me on 0508836696 (rashid)
or you can just make a pit stop at our place for a free check up

cheers guys

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 15 Sep 2011, 2:30 am

You are the owner of Reliance? Hmm, I've been there a couple of times.

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 14 Dec 2011, 10:47 pm

best tip for fuel economy, please please stop speeding up in between cameras just to reach the next camera 1km away and slam your brakes, then speed up again.
try driving at a constant speed and learn at what speeds you can safely drive past the cams. this will not only will you reduce your fuel consumption but you will also save your brake pads as well!!