i want to turbo my civic!!

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 11 Apr 2007, 12:16 pm

i have a 2002 civic..my engine is not vtec..its just a normal civic with a auto tranny...iv always consulted people saying that i can turbo my car with out a strocker kit or without a engine swap!!..i just dont get it?!..wont it coz problems???like over heat and blow up?? :S ..

does anyone have any idea if it is possible to boost your car on a normal engine by just adding a turbo kit and feul pump?!?!is advisable to add a turbo on a auto tranny?!?..iv heard on big turbo's auto tranny is much better then manual!!! you get faster shifting apparently!!...i dont no what who to belive!!...i have seen on the web turbo kits for my civic for 200$ with gaskets fuel pumps pipes turbo and the intercooler!!...and this to from a reputated website!!..

ANY IDEA'S GUYS...ANY REPUTATED PLACE IN THE UAE THAT CAN PUT A SMALL TURBO ON MY CAR FOR CHEAP PRICE???....GIVE ME UR IDEA'S

ps....i dont want to turbo my car..but iv done my homework...and i want to no if its possible...bcoz i dont belive it..if it is then HELL YEA M TURBOING MY CIVIC (btw i just made a new word up "turboing") ......salam

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 11 Apr 2007, 5:09 pm

15 views...no replys!! :(

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 11 Apr 2007, 5:20 pm

put it on the engine forum !! brother , you are at the wrong place !!

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 11 Apr 2007, 7:31 pm

ANY REPUTATED PLACE IN THE UAE THAT CAN PUT A SMALL TURBO ON MY CAR FOR CHEAP PRICE???....
...i dont want to turbo my car....
And in the image gallery u worte:
...i wish i could do somthing like this...its just that as per qatari law..i will be fined 10,000dhm's if caught with a modified car and 8months pound!!!...soo sad!!
Tamu - i think ur confused..... :)

But to answer ur question - i dont think the 1.5L engine (D15?) in ur car is made for a turbo, without doing some major upgrades.... However the D17 is supposedly perfect for it, if ur running low boost.

I wouldnt suggest you do it cause you will probably end up spending alot of money - which is not worth it for the power gains ur getting.

About the auto tranny - im not sure... the best is to check on superhonda.com or clubcivic.com -- alot of Turboed civics there.

DON
UB Addicted Member

Post by DON » 11 Apr 2007, 7:47 pm

hmmm..i think you could go to some garages in sharjah and ajman and consult them ! they might give some good idea...garages behind OOEHS Shj....are preferred my choice because i have seen many modified sports cars over there !

BIG-T
UB Junior Member

Post by BIG-T » 12 Apr 2007, 11:28 am

hehehehhehehehehee...you caught me accord! :P ..loool now i look like a idiot...well i am confused!!...bcoz i realy dont no what to doo!!..see in qatar if the police found out i have put a aftermarket sparkplug in my car...they will take the car 4 6months and not even ask me anything!!!

NOWWW...i can do illegal stuff...but that means i wont enjoy my car..and i will only drive it around once in a blue moon when i no its safe just in case CID or police dont catch me...or when there are legal drags going on in the strip!!! but if i do turbo my car i cant register it!!!...soo its a hole mixed emotion sorta thing..i want to but i cant...but i still want 2 :P

anways your saying the D15 has no potential!!!..shit that sucks!!!..D17 is the vtec engine right???and the engine thats cummin in the new civics??..but thats a 1.8 i think?!...

man life aint perfect!!!

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 12 Apr 2007, 1:35 pm

Swap in something like a K20.. you'd be making more power than a turbo'd d15 I think. And probably you can register it then, but you might wanna double check that.

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 12 Apr 2007, 2:09 pm

go for this one !!

wek-236
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:s2k and Mazda 3

Post by wek-236 » 12 Apr 2007, 3:07 pm

i have seen a couple of d15's turboed , and its quite fast..

as what they have suggested.. K20 is the way to go.. if your willing to spend some money..

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 12 Apr 2007, 4:51 pm

My suggestion - dont do it!

Turbos are good only when tuned right and done right.
When u asked of a place that can get it done for cheap - u know ur not gonna get quality. Plus ur risking alot as well with the cops - its sooo much better to run N/a

the d17 is good for a turbo, but its still made for fuel efficiency - not real performance.....

Like the others have said - K20 is the way if u want big power gains.... but i think we already discussed that and found it was not an alternative for you.

The new 1.8L (R18's) are good .... no real performance stuff out for it as it is still a new engine...

Ur in a tight position - swap in a B16 or 18 - u will have power then.. :wink:

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 12 Apr 2007, 8:58 pm

Go K20 bro ... more reliable.

Someone said "go get advice from SHJ/Ajman garage" ... would say no and dont.

Turbo needs proper tuning, for a budget turbo ... there is no one to tune a car to budget here. you are looking at a good 1500-2000dh for a dyno tune. and believe me dyno tunes are hard on your car ... u'll never be satisfied with the 1st tune ... you'll keep taking it back, go home, go back, go home ... then wish u never went turbo.

im sure this reply will cause many replies saying that there are people to tune etc etc ... i know there are, i would say i know quite well there are tunes. but no one to do it for a tight budget Honda. yes there are people to tune 320kmph patrols and 500hp supras .... for $$$ not AED Dhs.

Believe me bro, modding isnt cheap. you'll be happy with a K20, if not i will buy it off u :-)

Plus if u plan to race, u will be in a very competitive category in a 1500cc Turbo car, u will be running with the Evo's which isnt quite easy i tell you coz most evo's that race here are stroked 400bhp grizzly bears.

Go with NA ... u wont regret it.

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 14 Apr 2007, 6:22 pm

nice replys!!!!

well now where touching that K20 topic again...and like before the conclusion came to extra parts and expenses n stuff like that!!! another big prob is the avialibilty of the engine!!?!?!?!..is it avialable highly doubt it..and if so its prob going for 25,000qr??..my cars not even worth that much...but i would still do it if i new the engine was there and i new the guy doing the work knows what hes doing!!!..unfortunalty i have crap resources in qatar bcz know one tunes up civics..only landcruisers and patrols :( ..how sad :( ..if i would have to do this swap it could take over a month..and plus i think my car would be in some car in emirates bcz in qatar know one would do it!!!

ACCORD YOU KILLED ME WITH THOSE PICS....i have the same civic but my engine isnt that pretty!! :( ...i wish i wish......someone find me a engine and il think about it!!!....if anyone has any idea's about how much the hole thing would cost and bla bla bla let me noo...tell me ur idea's guys..

btw wots the R18???..is that new civics engine??...those are nice as well...civics are fast??..what about the swap for this?/...will it work???...

and albertho thanks for ur opinion..i dont think i should tune my car with a turbo..better to go for a K20!!!...thanks for the support guys...salam!!

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 17 Apr 2007, 4:42 pm

Listen to me very carefully, if you go turbo get a kit, like this:

http://www.turbokits.com/civic_turbo_kits.html

If, at anypoint, you go cheap, the engine WILL blow. Did you do the homework? do you have any idea on AFR, IGN Timing and tuning?

If not, get a pre-built kit, everything tuned, jut install and go, no headache, hasle free.

STAY AWAY FROM LOCAL SHOPS THAT CLAIM TO DO SO, THEY DON'T!!!!

Unless you plan on trashing that engine after 1 year or less.

Hosrom
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Hosrom » 17 Apr 2007, 4:45 pm

Forgot to mention.

You will ned bigger brake disks, pads, calipers all round.

New stiffer front damper and springs and rear shocks.

If the car is manual, you will need a new clutch, along with pressure plate and maybe flywheel (lighter). the clutch pedal will be stiffer than stock feel, due to the friction material being different 9stock is usually kevlar, high performance will be copper, ceramic, KBR or whatever).

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 18 Apr 2007, 11:13 am

woow thats some good info there guys...well lets break this down now

1st thing hosram your right about the turbo kit and stuff...and thanks for the link i really liked what i saw there. but the PROBLEM IS, they dont got a turbo kit for a D15...if you check it out they only got kits for the D17!!!..soo booohoooooo i am skrewed....

2nd thing about the hole k20 swap...what if i just swap my engine with a D17???..i think that will be straight forward??..what do you guys think???..no hassel, no spare parts...no nothing..just take the D17 and put it in...and find a manual gear somewhere and stick that in as well???..will it work??..plus all the performance parts iv bought till date wont be a waste ??..i can use them on the D17!!!...

and then in the future if i want to turbo i can!!!..bcoz i found a turbo kit thanks to hosram specially built for the D17!!!:D hehehehhe.....$3000 aint so bad!!!..just less then 12,000qr!!!...

soo now my main question?!..is there a D17 avialable!!!..bcoz guys i dont want to make life complicated with k20 and all that even though i would love to have it!!....

ANY COMMENTS????