What Motor Oil?

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 18 Dec 2005, 3:17 pm

hey guys,
as some of you know, i recently bought a new Civic.
Im interested in using Synthetic Oil because i have heard alot of really good stuff about it - But i dont know which one to use or where to get it???

any suggestions? (alot of people have told me to use Mobil 1)

Besides the above, i also wanted to knw if you guys knw any good garages that maintain cars -- as good as the dealership - but cheaper and wont rip you off ?!?!?!

thanx!

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 18 Dec 2005, 5:42 pm

Mobil 1 is good oil.. To me, always choose "branded" products.. I rather spend extra money on a quality product, then in the end paying for the damages or worn out engine..

For maintanance, I go to "American Cars" in Al Qusais and no, I don't drive an american car.. But I know the guys there, and they do a quality job without ripping me off. Additionally, a friend of mine goes to TAG garage in Al Quoz, and is happy with them.. When you go there, ask for "Jerry", he knows quite some things about cars..

Edit: usually, you can see if a garage is good by the other cars that are there.. Last time I saw jerry, he was working on a maserati, a lotus and two EVO8's.. so.. I have quite some trust in that. Basically, if somebody would bring his 300.000 (??) AED maser to Jerry, he should be good.

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 18 Dec 2005, 10:53 pm

thanx Mikeh ...appreciate it!

what car do you drive ?? - hyundai coupe right?? Or am i mixing some of the users up ? :roll:

I will check out those garages soon...

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 19 Dec 2005, 12:45 am

[quote="Accord98"]what car do you drive ?? - hyundai coupe right??[quote]
Yup, that's me allright in the sloooow hyundai :) Thinking heavily about boosting this car or getting another "weekend" car.. But for these "american car" people, I had body work being done (shaving, repainting), as well as suspension/alignment work, as well as engine work on my gf's car (plugs, headers, exhaust, ...) and I'mm all happy for the result.

And as well, as before, you see some corvettes in there, some skylines and shiny bmw's (new 7's .. yum yum :? ) - so tells me they do a good job :)

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 19 Dec 2005, 10:56 am

cool...
by the way? do you have the 2.0 or the 2.7?

i knw a guy with the 2.7L - he did an airintake and Fox Exhaust and the car moves pretty well - i cant keep up with him - (well it is my 1.6 vs a 2.7 :wink: ).

But thanx again for "American Cars" - their not very expensive right ?
Cause then i might as well maintain with Honda!

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 20 Dec 2005, 1:13 am

I have the 2.7 ... Tell your friend to drive against me, same CC.. same car.. <evil laugh>

"American cars" is pretty good in prices.. they're honest about things. If a job costs you 100 aed, then they charge you 100 aed.

Plus, if you know enough about cars, you can do your own maintenance! :) There's nothing better than spending a friday afternoon with your hood open and your hands getting greasy and dirty.. i love it.

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 20 Dec 2005, 10:46 am

Unfortunately I dont Know how to get "down and Dirty" with my car ! :roll:

I know what needs to be done - but i cant change my oil, spark plugs etc. -

I can! change the air filter though ! :P And top up my liquids !

(shame on me! - Nearly every Canadian i have ever met can do these things - but not me !)

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 27 Jan 2006, 12:22 pm

Accord>

bro, if my friend comes down from lanka to tune honda's i will let u know. try his ECU's and see, for more info on the ECU's u can ask Zlatco from Performancemag.net, he'll tell u how his car moves after the ECU swap. Moves like a bat out of hell !!

Dont over do your SiR, i know a guy who's spent around 15,000dh on his SiR but doesnt give you the value for the money.

u said ure SiR didnt keep with the 2.7 hyundai? hmmm i think the 1/4 mile on the hyundai is early 15's i think. if u get ure launch right i think u shud keep up with him? did u do a rolling start or a stand-still?

cheers

Accord98

Post by Accord98 » 27 Jan 2006, 12:31 pm

bro,
we didnt try!

lol.... but rup is wanted to ask you... any clue where to get those rear lights and type r front grill from??

Ps --- not gonna do too much to my car, just wan to get an exhaust system and CAI .... maybe a Vtec Controller at anther stage...
u still selling ur controller?
or are u using it on the type R?

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 08 Feb 2006, 1:10 pm

sold my controller a while back bro, sorry ... if u knew u wanted it i wud've given it to u for sure.

type r grill, knob, lights ... try it in malaysia or singapore. get a direct contact, if not the price adds up u know.

im on the look for a agency maintained SiR too ... if any lemme know.