Air Filters

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 11 Dec 2010, 2:51 am

this isnt golden car work
golden car is out of stock right now
they dont have K&N for corolla or Simota racing filter ( the one i have put in my car )
i got this done somewhere else in sharjah the place is near sharjah cricket stadium...
you get fake filters for 50 bux ... i dont know whats the difference in quality.. the guy whom i got it from told me the original one will last for 50-60K kms i doubt that cuz this country is surrounded by desert ..
and the fake one will last for 10-20k kms
the main ripoff is the intake pipe
150 DHS !!!!!
the pipe i have in my car is custom they had to cut it cuz there wasnt enough space for the filter under the hood

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 12 Dec 2010, 5:14 pm

^ dont mean to ruin it for you man but original filters like K&N /AEM /etc do their job of filtering the air of your engine better than any of the fake ones and they last a lifetime.. I recommend you opt for an original K&N filter or any quality brand soon for protecting your engine..
& I tried Simota which is popular but it doesnt filter properly, i see bits and pieces on the other side...
Go to tazweed or Rami and buy an original K&N Filter.. Standard k&n Airfilter for an I4 engine is AED 180 worth the quality and they are designed to function is raw, hot desert conditions from the 1st place...

I havent cleaned my filter for a whole year now, its about time i re-oil it but it still works perfectly well filtering... (You oil the filter and leave it overnight never air hose it like many people do!!)

Exquisite
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:1999 Dodge Ram Sport

Post by Exquisite » 12 Dec 2010, 6:26 pm

^ +1000

K&N will be better for the engine.....and god forbid, simota will clog...the K&N will cost u about 1000dhs..but its worth it

And i want to ask what is high flow intake and cold intake

ROJ
UB Advanced Member

Post by ROJ » 12 Dec 2010, 10:53 pm

^ he can save himself the money and just get the filter only and install it on the short ram pipe he currently has...

7afe
UB Senior Member

Post by 7afe » 13 Dec 2010, 3:39 am

thanks guys .. but i already bought the filter so this might work for sometime now and its not the fake one its the original one. Im leaving dubai in a month to finish my sudies. im pretty sure it will do the job till that time. :D
-Lk

comatose
UB Addicted Member

Post by comatose » 13 Dec 2010, 9:33 am

Don't leave your filter dirty and unoiled for a year. That's just asking for trouble.

What I do, although I've got a JWT filter, I have 2 filters and rotate them every 5000kms.

ROJ
UB Advanced Member

Post by ROJ » 13 Dec 2010, 5:29 pm

^ cleaning intervals are every 50K miles.. Nothing is mentioned about trouble or danger of using a dirty filter other than it doesnt provide power like it used to..

7afe
UB Senior Member

Post by 7afe » 17 Feb 2011, 1:14 pm

can anyone tell me where i can find the oil for cleaning airfilter?
and where is this tazweed located?

RasHooD
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Nissan Cefiro A31 Turbo

Post by RasHooD » 17 Feb 2011, 1:57 pm

Golden Car, opposite AGMC and next to Al Gargash.

But the oil is to hold the dust and NOT for cleaning. They are authorised dealers for K&N products and stock the recharger kits. Costs around AED 50 if i remember right. It does also contain a cleaning soapy kind of thing though...

Tazweed is located at the 1st traffic lights junction when coming from King Faisal St, or if you take a right after Sharjah City Centre on Al Wahda Rd (coming from Dubai).

Cheers...

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 17 Feb 2011, 9:53 pm

can i use stock pipe and put just the filter?

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 18 Feb 2011, 10:12 am

Get a drop-in filter ^

theo_207GT
UB Junior Member

Post by theo_207GT » 20 Feb 2011, 12:09 am

AccordTuner wrote:can i use stock pipe and put just the filter?
well, u need to take into consideration how much u drive, and where u drive. if u drive in fairly dusty condictions i would recommend u get a foam filter (the weapon R is a DAMN good foam filter. if its not so dusty get a cotton gauze filter such as k&n. but, if u want max performance and awesome sound, get the Apiro torque twin cone Stainless Steel filter.

as for using the stock piping, remove the stock airbox and then measure the INSIDE diameter of the pipe. then make sure u get a cone filter which has a plastic coupler that'll fit inside the original pipe AND the neck of the filter. the standard inside diameter for the neck of the filters is 76mm, but make absolutely certain. if u cant get a filter which has a coupler that'll fit on the inside of the original pipe, u might be able to get away with it by putting the pipe in hot water, and then putting the coupler in...this is assuming that the original pipe is made of rubber or silicon

DaveD
UB Junior Member

Post by DaveD » 08 Sep 2011, 11:25 am

Hi All, new to the forum.
Looking for somewhere to get rid of the CAT on my Charger R/T and install a performance exhaust system. Also looking for a performance air filter, and then get the car re-mapped.
Can you recommend somewhere in Dubai that's reliable where I can get this done?
Cheers
Dave.

ROJ
UB Advanced Member

Post by ROJ » 29 Oct 2011, 4:41 pm

theo_207GT wrote:
AccordTuner wrote:can i use stock pipe and put just the filter?
well, u need to take into consideration how much u drive, and where u drive. if u drive in fairly dusty condictions i would recommend u get a foam filter (the weapon R is a DAMN good foam filter. if its not so dusty get a cotton gauze filter such as k&n. but, if u want max performance and awesome sound, get the Apiro torque twin cone Stainless Steel filter.

as for using the stock piping, remove the stock airbox and then measure the INSIDE diameter of the pipe. then make sure u get a cone filter which has a plastic coupler that'll fit inside the original pipe AND the neck of the filter. the standard inside diameter for the neck of the filters is 76mm, but make absolutely certain. if u cant get a filter which has a coupler that'll fit on the inside of the original pipe, u might be able to get away with it by putting the pipe in hot water, and then putting the coupler in...this is assuming that the original pipe is made of rubber or silicon

Where can I acquire a genuine foam filter locally? And whats the cost on that one?
I dont believe it will provide you with the same air-flow as that of an cotton gauze filter.. I have been using my K&N in pretty dusty conditions and it runs well, and above all else filters...

Btw, advise everybody (based on personal observation) to make sure the whole intake pipe meeting points where the filter its plugged or the pipe is plugged into the intake manifold to be properly sealed.. I have used silicon to close all the areas that were leaking dirty unfiltered air into my engine btw..

affsal
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Accord

Post by affsal » 30 Oct 2011, 9:40 am

I have the AEM dry airfilter with pipe installed in my recently bought wrangler TJ. I was in autoplus and when the guys checked my filter it was in real bad condition and they put the simota filter and oiled it. Looking at this thread i guess i should change it to the original AEM filter.

Do u guys know where can i get the original AEM filters in dubai??