Nissan X-Trail

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 22 Dec 2005, 9:59 pm

Hey guys,
beside my Honda, i also have a 2003 Nissan X Trail (ok - it isnt mine - my dads! :( ).

Recently however, i have felt that the pickup isnt soo good and i really wouldnt mind some extra Hp. Currently it is at 180Hp and it is a 2.5L engine (same as the ones in Skylines :P )

I am looking at doing an exhasut system and Intake for this car -

(1) What Intake should i get ? (are there any made specifically for 4x4s? - or even better for the X Trail)

(2) For the exhaust - it has to be completely legal - car is registered in Dubai - any recomendations?? (Fox?)
Should i do a cat back? Get a Sport Cat ? ??

From doing both of these what kind of power gains am i looking at?

well i need sugestions and help !

Budget: Max. 6000 AED

Thanx!

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 28 Dec 2005, 12:56 am

Hey man,

An intake, headers and exaust would be a good start.. these are easy bolt ons and will give you some of that robber power. Intakes in the end are just aluminium tubes, so you don't really need to go for a branded one. The filter though is important, but you can order a K&N or AEM filter for a low amount of money.

A "good intake" is a wide enough pipe that sucks in the air from a cold air source.. behind the bumper or something.. Cold air is denser and increases power. Another thing for 4x4's, are "snorkels", these are intakes that go above your roof.. typical for off roading 4x4 cars..

An exhaust.. the "rule" that I know of in Dubai is "if it's not too loud, it's okay".. You have some european brands that have progressive mufflers.. they dont have the typical "illegal" after market sound..

I'd also recommend headers, yet it'll change the powerband.. it will make you loose low end torque (and make your car feel slower), yet pick up at higher output..

An intake might give you 10 to 15hp, an exhaust.. maximum 5hp.. headers, depending on the current layout of your engine.. you might pick up 10 or 15hp..

Just to get you started,
Michael

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 27 Jan 2006, 12:13 pm

Nav,

in sri lanka we get the 276bhp Xtrails with 2litre turbo engines Jap spec. why dont u look around in shj for this engine, not too sure if u get it, but just look around.

goto http://www.autolanka.com and post a wanted ad int he forum, i can get it shipped from there to here cheap as soon as possible.

cheers

Ru

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 27 Jan 2006, 12:33 pm

Whoa...
276hp ... damn

No man, i cant go that far.... just lookin for a few bolt ons to get some extra hp.

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 06 Feb 2006, 1:08 pm

cant go that far !!!!

i'll drive u there bro ;)

heheheh !!! i understand ....