Heat Up Problem !!!

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:09 FJ + 05 Z Convertible

Post by Mr_boost » 26 Aug 2009, 10:36 pm

Salam UB members ,

This is reference to my friend 350z as he buyed it last month. Its 2007 auto with red colour, and also imported from America.

Last day he was driving suddenly the car got heat up. He went to the mechanic and had put some oil (just like cool water ) init. Its stop getting hot but said by the mechanic that keep an eye on the heatup meter while driving .....

So just wana know is there any thing which can make the car normal without heating up. I know its an american spec which means heatup prob in UAE due to hot temperature :D .... As my 350 is also an american spec but MashaAllah havnt got any problem yet, but After seeing his prob i am too worried about mine ;)

So you guyz know any oil or any type of liquid used for cars (specially for 350z or americans ) which gets heatup..

Hoping 4 reply ...

Have a nice day !!!

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 26 Aug 2009, 11:11 pm

DONT USE WATER !!! i used to use water lol ... until my dad saw me n told me to get COOLANT ... its this green stuff which helps radiate the heat away better ...use coolant and keep checking regularly !!! c tht ur fans running well n all tht ... n careful of the leaks !!!

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 27 Aug 2009, 12:07 am

Is there a leak in his radiator? Is the fan working? I could be wrong but I don't think there should be a heating problem between American spec and GCC Spec 350z's. Tell your friend to take it to Nissan and get it full diagnosed to troubleshoot the problem...

rizwan
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:mark2

Post by rizwan » 27 Aug 2009, 12:12 am

better to use the original coolant for nissan not go for the local cheap ones as they are only green color water

Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member

Post by Mr_boost » 27 Aug 2009, 4:39 am

Tamu wrote:Is there a leak in his radiator? Is the fan working? I could be wrong but I don't think there should be a heating problem between American spec and GCC Spec 350z's. Tell your friend to take it to Nissan and get it full diagnosed to troubleshoot the problem...

I dont think so .. But he went to the mechanic too. Radiator and fan is working normal as when bought...

Mr_boost
UB Advanced Member

Post by Mr_boost » 27 Aug 2009, 4:42 am

Rogue wrote:DONT USE WATER !!! i used to use water lol ... until my dad saw me n told me to get COOLANT ... its this green stuff which helps radiate the heat away better ...use coolant and keep checking regularly !!! c tht ur fans running well n all tht ... n careful of the leaks !!!

Yes rogue the same thing coolant (y) he is using now given by his dad :) after 1st heatup..

Can you or any 1 will tell me the points in which the car can get or face heatup ??

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 27 Aug 2009, 8:57 am

If it's American spec, how was it even passed or registered? I thought American spec cars are supposed to be modified to withstand the climate here. The car is prolly heating up as the radiator isn't sufficiently cooling. My '98 Lancer was a regular ride until it met with an accident, and the retards at the garage didn't fix the radiator fan properly...the A/C got messed, and the cars temps would shoot up.

Do your friend a favor and pay Arabian Auto a visit.

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 27 Aug 2009, 9:05 am

heat ups are caused by some of the following reasons
dirt or rust in the radiator ..
rust particles in the radiator which blocks the tubes
sum times imported cars frm US or Japan have a diff temp when the water inlet to the engine opens up ... so we sometimes remove the Boya or i dunno wat u call it in english
sum times stupid mistakes also cause heat up .... sum mechanincs if they mingle with the wires ... and reverse the motion of the fan that too causes heat up :P
... many other reasonss

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 27 Aug 2009, 9:28 am

major cause of over heating are

1. leak in radaitor
2. leak in hoses
3. faulty radaitor cap
4. faulty radiator fun/some electrical
5. head gaskets leak-worse

aside from it i dont see any reason that why its happening, remember that even a very very very small leak on hose which are not noticable by our naked eye can cause a over heating.

also american or gcc spec would not cause a over heating imho, aside form very small difference in termostat, which control the opening/closing of coolant flow in the engine block.

there you go :D

AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 27 Aug 2009, 9:38 am

termostat
i had probs with my american specs accords both of them had the same prob... the thermostat wasnt opening or closing

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 27 Aug 2009, 9:45 am

I had a 99 fiat which was an Import from portugal... The car started to heat up during summers in dubai especially when i drive fast... The problem was the radiator seemd clogged cuz i changed every part of the cooling system but the radiator & its hoses & the car still heats up... Check ur radaitor rubber hoses do they have bulges/inflations/ballooning..

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 27 Aug 2009, 10:17 am

i like american cars their funny !!! i remember my first car ... chevy caavaliar manual !!! awesome fun !!! anyways the faster i drove it the cooler the engine wud become and if i switched on the ac it wud bcome even cooler !!! reason being wen i went faster the fan rotated faster cooling the engine .... likewise wen i switched on the ac the fan for the ac also cooled the engine ... so it was a lil funny how americans reacted the opposite way in relation to the rest of the world !!!

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 27 Aug 2009, 10:38 am

^^ my 1st POS American car did the same thing. When I would stop at the signal the thermostat would go up. When I would start moving the thermostat would go down...Never understood what the hell was going on but I guessed when the car moved the air hitting the front end would cool it down? Only God knows how American cars work :P ....

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 27 Aug 2009, 11:12 am

toleg wrote:major cause of over heating are

1. leak in radaitor
2. leak in hoses
3. faulty radaitor cap
4. faulty radiator fun/some electrical
5. head gaskets leak-worse

aside from it i dont see any reason that why its happening, remember that even a very very very small leak on hose which are not noticable by our naked eye can cause a over heating.

also american or gcc spec would not cause a over heating imho, aside form very small difference in termostat, which control the opening/closing of coolant flow in the engine block.

there you go :D
its here :D :D :D

note:
some of the termostat(some manufacturer)can be fixed on both side, as some mechancs dont/cant recognize which is which in which side, whick cause wrong fitting ang might not work.
so be carefull and be vigilant, as some change the termostat but not working properly
:D :D

hint (Y)

RasHooD
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Nissan Cefiro A31 Turbo

Post by RasHooD » 27 Aug 2009, 11:16 am

I've always removed the thermostat valve on all cars that I could, I'm seriously against the damn thing!