H22a swap in accord 1997

ECUs, intakes, turbos, fluids, transmissions, exhausts etc.
AccordTuner
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Lexus LS460

Post by AccordTuner » 23 Sep 2009, 1:32 am

ok guys old projct strated again :)
gonna build my car from scratch
i have this f22b1 motor non vtec just mods to engine GReddy headers only
i am plannig to drop in H22a motor ..
any one got info abt it ?
has any one done this swap here on this forum
who does this swap in uae ..
H22a is available and i will get a good bargain for it :)

thankz

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 24 Sep 2009, 11:54 am

before buying the engine get it compression tested to give you a better idea on how new/old the engine is.
When you get the engine change the timing belt, water pump, spark plugs and any seals gaskets that you find need changing. Also make sure you change the clutch and get the stock flywheel machined.
These are the things I did, the only downfall was because of the new clutch I needed to shift below 3000rpm for the first 700km to break in the clutch, so I couldn't really rip it and test its potential out.
Also you will need to figure out a new exhaust setup because the stock exhaust, and mid pipe just wont work. Go for something in the 2.25-2.5 range (stock is 2.25), and stick with the oem cat or get a HFC (high flow cat)....
Make sure you dont put fully synthetic oil straight away into the engine, stick with normal oil and drive around 2000km until you take it for a full service (flush the engine) and put in you full synthetic oil...
If your going to go obd2 then remember you cant really tune the ECU - thats the problem I had, but a little advise from Albertho helped me getting my tuning shit in order lol...stick with OBD1 ecu with the conversion harness and get that bad boy chrome chipped....or you can stick with obd2 ecu and stock h22a map...whatever floats your boat....if you have any further questions let me know.......this is all from my recenet swap experience lols!!

toleg
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:honda

Post by toleg » 24 Sep 2009, 12:53 pm

h-series are cheaper usually to b-series engine or sometime depend on the condition of the engine.

h-series best for accord swap (proper swap)

here we go again :D :D

good luck on you bro

DLock
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:2009 Peugeot 207+2008 Nissan Altima

Post by DLock » 24 Sep 2009, 2:41 pm

toleg wrote: here we go again :D :D
lol....

ahmadgul
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Ae101 4afe

Post by ahmadgul » 04 Jul 2011, 9:24 pm

8-)

rivalbro
UB Junior Member

Post by rivalbro » 03 Aug 2011, 1:03 am

i hav a prelude which i swapped a h22a in. u only need the engine and ecu. everything else fits as the prelude is based on accord. the gearbox is not ideal because it has longer gears i believe so its better for turbo.
i turboed my car but when i took it for a clutch change the mechanics screwed up the car and destroyed the engine. im suing them now.

ahmadgul
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Ae101 4afe

Post by ahmadgul » 03 Aug 2011, 4:17 am

no need to spend tooooo much money on wiring. u can do it ur self . i think if u swap engine at any garage it will coast u around 300 to 500 dhs . for the wiring ur stock accord wiring will work but u have to add vtec solenoid,vtec pressure,knock these are the three wire u have to add. for more information just use google type h22a vtec wiring and its all . (Y) for more information talk to uaeboost member
djbill he can help uuuuuuuuuuuuu.