Nissan Patrol SE 2011 Xenon

Body kits, paint jobs, stickers, lights, bumpers etc.

Moderator:Neo

FJ.209
UB Junior Member

Post by FJ.209 » 29 Dec 2011, 1:54 am

Hi all ,

can i put Xenon lights on the new nissan Patrol SE 2011 or not ?

the dealer said that i cant !! i dont know y >

does anyone know ??

real_ashwin
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2008 SE

Post by real_ashwin » 29 Dec 2011, 7:53 am

you should be able to put hids on any car. That said the stock xenons from the patrol are pretty good. Im sure you can just buy the part and swap it into your car without any hassle. The dealer btw always says no,they are a bunch of monkeys.

Ofc it will void your warranty.

kartoos100
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:08 IS300 + 05 Civic

Post by kartoos100 » 29 Dec 2011, 11:30 am

Maybe you are talking about HID's on your car. The reason some of the cars like the LX 570 and the Nissan Patrols dont come with stock HID's is because of the height of the car. The glare caused due to the HID's is more for oncoming Traffic due to the light being dispersed more.

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 12 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

yes you can, by doing so you will blind the hell out of other cars but i dont think you really care about that.

just goto any iranian shops and let the skilled technicians can install the xenons lights in a few minutes

real_ashwin
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2008 SE

Post by real_ashwin » 12 Apr 2012, 1:37 pm

kartoos100 wrote:Maybe you are talking about HID's on your car. The reason some of the cars like the LX 570 and the Nissan Patrols dont come with stock HID's is because of the height of the car. The glare caused due to the HID's is more for oncoming Traffic due to the light being dispersed more.
the base model of the new patrol might not have xenon but the higher versions do have them so I was suggesting the OP to just buy the OEM xenon ones to replace his halogens. Mind you both are stock. So they are already made as carefully as not to blind traffic in front.

akewalram
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Patrol LE 400HP

Post by akewalram » 12 Apr 2012, 6:26 pm

real_ashwin wrote:
kartoos100 wrote:Maybe you are talking about HID's on your car. The reason some of the cars like the LX 570 and the Nissan Patrols dont come with stock HID's is because of the height of the car. The glare caused due to the HID's is more for oncoming Traffic due to the light being dispersed more.
the base model of the new patrol might not have xenon but the higher versions do have them so I was suggesting the OP to just buy the OEM xenon ones to replace his halogens. Mind you both are stock. So they are already made as carefully as not to blind traffic in front.
Non of the SE spec models come with Xenon lighting.. Xenon lighting is only available on the middle trim and above in the LE range.

patrol12
UB Junior Member

Post by patrol12 » 07 Apr 2013, 10:35 am

Hi Im new to uaeboost, i signed up so I can tell you guys what iv done with my patrol as an alternative to HID.

Its a 2012 so it does not come with the LED lights on the bumper as you see on the 2013 models...but it can be done at the nissan showroom for AED2000.

since mine is an SE and there is no HID, i did not want to take the risk and put an HID that may void my warrenty...also if i ever do..it has to be a PHILLIPS H11 HID kit. So i opted to simply replace the current halogen bulbs to better and brighter ones...(note: the stock bulbs are also PHILLIPS but yellow which is bad lol).

so a great alternative is :

Low beam (daily use) : PHILLLIPS CRYSTAL VISION - H11 ( hard to find but if you are in dubai you can call yellow hat and ask them to check their uae based stock and if they dont have it [they usually dont have on the shelf but do in storehouse so no worries] they can get it for you)

High beam requires H9 and fogs require H8, but both are very hard to find in the UAE and if you do they will be normal (yellow) the PHILLIPS CRYSTAL or DIAMOND vision types for these are unavailable in the region so you can get em on ebay or online...I have ordered mine from a UK based website that stock PHILLIPS, OSRAM etc...once they arrive ill install them and upload a picture for you guys..

so my current set up is:

low beam H11 PHILLIPs CRYSTAL VISION ( This has a xenon effect and a bright white...looks crisp and clean and pretty powerful)

I also installed the LED on the bumpers from the showroom...looks pretty good with the lights....

Cost: LED 2000 + Phillips crytal (around 150 for a pair) = 2150
prices may slightly vary with the bulbs as i probably go ripped off a little but i dont care they are hard to find and are superb at night.

Pics coming soon guys..