Is this amount fair for this type of Mod ?

Body kits, paint jobs, stickers, lights, bumpers etc.

Moderator:Neo

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 07 Feb 2013, 1:53 pm

Hi All,

So I finally found a garage [DX Garage in Ramool Rashidiya], that can wide-body my civic. This is the low down of the quote, but can anybody tell me if its a fair amount or its over charged ?

1600 - FRONT FENDERS [Fender Pull w/ Added Fabrication of little wide-body Fiber-glass]

2300 - REAR FENDERS [Fender Pull w/ Added Fabrication of little wide-body fiber-glass]

1000 - LOWERING COIL SET [New]

1800 - BUMPER FRONT [Modifying Same Bumper] making it like this: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5148/563 ... 647b_o.jpg

1800 - BUMPER REAR [Modifying Same Bumper] making it look like this: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5267/563 ... 8e77_o.jpg

2200 - SIDE SKIRTS
900 - GRILL
2500 - FENDER PAINT ONLY

1200 - TRUNK SPOILER [like this: http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5144/563 ... f57e_o.jpg ]

15300 - TOTAL

This is how it'll look after done : http://numproduce.tarad.com/shop/n/nump ... 4646_b.jpg

They are giving a 3 year warranty of paint & body work.

Any other garage I can try, that can do this type of work for a lower amount ?

Thank You

CUSTOM_RIDE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by CUSTOM_RIDE » 07 Feb 2013, 7:19 pm

WOW..........i belive the pictures tat u attached r shot in thailand better u go n get the same kit frm thailand trust me u will not regret very cheap n bolt n stuff....:)

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 07 Feb 2013, 10:44 pm

Why don't you post some pictures of how ur car looks currently, and what rims you have that you need to pull fenders? :?

Just get Coilover suspension kit and nice set of wide rims, it is more then enough.. don't even need kits.

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 07 Feb 2013, 11:25 pm

this OP has posted on atleast 2-3 different forums asking bout making his car like the one in pic.
people have given advice which he has chosen to ignore.
please let him spend 15-20k and destroy the car in some unknown garage, i am 100% sure it will not turn out like the pics and that the garage will do a poor job with panel gaps, poor paint etc etc etc.

also for 1000 aed, lowering coil set? what is that? im sure the garage wont order a set of lowering springs specially made for your car, they will just cut your springs.

i urge you to think again, buy the parts from reputed places and get them shipped to uae. yes it may cost more but you will have peace of mind.

anyway goodluck with your goals, please post pics after its done so that i can say "i told you so"
dont vanish off the forum after the work is complete

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 08 Feb 2013, 9:12 am

Guyz, Easy please....

I thought I could get some useful info here but seems I was wrong, this isnt a forum for exchange of Info, this is a forum for taunts....if you wana get taunted, please post here...

Let me know if Im wrong...

Of course I aint spending that 15K on some thing that aesthetic...but I'll keep trying to collect as much info a possible...Doesnt hurt to get info at least...

jdm-uae
UB Junior Member

Post by jdm-uae » 08 Feb 2013, 10:28 am

@Tryllz if u wanna modify ur car to the same picture as u refer then i think u shouldnt be thinkin bout the price. If price is the matter the just "FORGET" about the quality. I have seen some good body mods done from the Extreme Garage and they are clean. Why dont u try WCC in dubai they might help you.

And.....

Fellow brothers peace we all are here to help each other and not to degrade or TAUNT. So reply if you know something or else just read the comments..

Thanks and have a blessed Friday.

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 08 Feb 2013, 8:08 pm

ROFL at the trunk spoiler :razz:

my friend all you need are 17" rims and a set of camber kits... you'll be shocked to see how low your car can go

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 08 Feb 2013, 9:03 pm

CaL][CaB wrote:ROFL at the trunk spoiler :razz:

my friend all you need are 17" rims and a set of camber kits... you'll be shocked to see how low your car can go
ThanX man, I thought so too before, but wouldn't go ahead as the bumper is stock and wouldn't go nice with the Rims...

ThanX though...

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 08 Feb 2013, 10:14 pm

lowering springs won't give you the looks you're looking for, you need coilovers
best of luck!

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 09 Feb 2013, 4:06 am

TryllZ wrote:
CaL][CaB wrote:ROFL at the trunk spoiler :razz:

ThanX man, I thought so too before, but wouldn't go ahead as the bumper is stock and wouldn't go nice with the Rims...

ThanX though...
OEM > Ricer bodykits

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 09 Feb 2013, 6:58 pm

There were no taunts. Sorry if you got offended but everyone was just giving honest advice .

Just goto the garage n ask them 1000 aed for lowering, how they do it. Lowering springs ( which brand, which model, get model #) or cut ur springs? That answer itself should give you an idea about the garage

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 11 Feb 2013, 2:44 am

soflow wrote: Just goto the garage n ask them 1000 aed for lowering, how they do it. Lowering springs ( which brand, which model, get model #) or cut ur springs? That answer itself should give you an idea about the garage
+1, any workshop offering or working with lowering springs is shit.The 'warranty' offered is BS, once they have your money there is not much you can do about a shitty job. If you are on a budget and are only looking to lower your ride then go for Raceland coilovers.http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/hon ... overs.html

I know the price looks very dodgy for coil-overs but I'm talking from personal experience, they are great coil-overs for aesthetics.

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 12 Feb 2013, 11:50 am

WKZ wrote:
soflow wrote: Just goto the garage n ask them 1000 aed for lowering, how they do it. Lowering springs ( which brand, which model, get model #) or cut ur springs? That answer itself should give you an idea about the garage
+1, any workshop offering or working with lowering springs is shit.The 'warranty' offered is BS, once they have your money there is not much you can do about a shitty job. If you are on a budget and are only looking to lower your ride then go for Raceland coilovers.http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/hon ... overs.html

I know the price looks very dodgy for coil-overs but I'm talking from personal experience, they are great coil-overs for aesthetics.
Hey Man Thanx for the info, and I planned it so to cut cost down:

17/18" Rims
Coilovers
Bumper, Front at least
Little Fender Pulling

But is there a sequence to start with, because I don't want to get one thing twice, like alignment when fitting rims & coilovers...

BTW, are the raceland anywhere in available in UAE ?

ThanX

UnKnOwN x
UB Addicted Member

Post by UnKnOwN x » 12 Feb 2013, 3:19 pm

DX garage if im not wrong is exteme autostyling also..their work is amazing check out pictures on facebook if you want ideas..but personally its not that feasible to spend 15k on a civic specially for visual looks..better spent on some engine mods :wink:

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 13 Feb 2013, 7:44 am

UnKnOwN x wrote:DX garage if im not wrong is exteme autostyling also..their work is amazing check out pictures on facebook if you want ideas..but personally its not that feasible to spend 15k on a civic specially for visual looks..better spent on some engine mods :wink:
ThanX, no wonder I didn't go ahead... :|