Tailight Tinting Spray - Sample pix Inside

Body kits, paint jobs, stickers, lights, bumpers etc.

Moderator:Neo

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 08 Jul 2006, 7:09 pm

Eleanor wrote:
Sparky wrote:
WTF wrote:would it be applicable to headlights ? coz im planning to spay da headlights and rear !! where in sharjah u had it done ? :D
Yep, also applicable to headlights. At this filipino garage called Santana... they're quiet alright. Just get the spray from AP then take it there.
WHERE IS SANTANA GARAGE EXACTLY ?

SD -
Let me try and explain:

They're located in sharjah, in the road between city centre and old splash/ star hindi cinema. You have to take that road, and take the first right after the second small signal. the shop will be on the right, just keep going straight.
Their contact number is: 06 5337173

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 11 Jul 2006, 10:54 pm

In case you guys are interested, someone in the forum is sellling the same spray-paint.

viewtopic.php?t=2672

juz7869
UB Senior Member

Post by juz7869 » 12 Jul 2006, 11:29 am

AHAAN SO SANTANA GARAGE IS GOOD OR BUDDYS BETTER GO TO ANY MAKHFI SHOP DO FROM THER

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 12 Jul 2006, 5:55 pm

juz7869 wrote:AHAAN SO SANTANA GARAGE IS GOOD OR BUDDYS BETTER GO TO ANY MAKHFI SHOP DO FROM THER
Makhfi (tint) shops wouldnt know what to do with the spray-cans... heck they might mistake it for a drink and down it.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 13 Jul 2006, 1:10 pm

Sparky wrote: Makhfi (tint) shops wouldnt know what to do with the spray-cans... heck they might mistake it for a drink and down it.
take pictures then (Y) hehehe

basil00
UB Junior Member

Post by basil00 » 01 Oct 2006, 11:28 am

Its applicatable from the inside or the outside?

do they have to remove the lights and apply? or would they do it right there?

and last question, I didnt really understand where Autoplus is... can u please tell me its close to wat exactly.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 01 Oct 2006, 1:54 pm

It's usually applied from the outside. They can do it, (or DIY), by taping of the area around your lights, and spray away!

basil00
UB Junior Member

Post by basil00 » 02 Oct 2006, 10:59 am

I prefer not to do it myself and just take it to these guys Santana, i live in Sharjah so that shouldnt be a problem...

my registration ends in early december, do u think i should wait b4 going ahead with the blackout?

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 02 Oct 2006, 8:45 pm

basil00 wrote:I prefer not to do it myself and just take it to these guys Santana, i live in Sharjah so that shouldnt be a problem...

my registration ends in early december, do u think i should wait b4 going ahead with the blackout?
I don't recommend doing it yourself because the paint guy needs to apply a clear coat on the lights, after using the can. this will give the lights a nice glossy black look (like a black iPod). If you don't apply the clear coat, it won't look as good as it should.

They apply it on the spot, it takes around an hour. They don't remove the lights, they just cover the area outside the tail lights with newspaper and crap. it's applied on the outside as mikeh mentioned.

Autoplus: They're located near printex printing press, also near hamarain centre. call them up and they will guide you. it's a little confusing. for the number, just check somewhere in this thread, i don't remember what it is.

Also, you might need two cans depending on how black you want it and how big your lights are. ( i used a can and a half, and they're darker black.)

Also, i recommend you wait and register your car before doing this mod, just to be safe. I haven't tried registering my car yet since i blacked them out.

Good luck! (Y)

commando
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:1994 Chevrolet z28 Camaro

Post by commando » 03 Oct 2006, 12:51 am

awesome job.. u got me wanting to do mine...

basil00
UB Junior Member

Post by basil00 » 03 Oct 2006, 8:54 am

Sparky wrote:
basil00 wrote:I prefer not to do it myself and just take it to these guys Santana, i live in Sharjah so that shouldnt be a problem...

I don't recommend doing it yourself because the paint guy needs to apply a clear coat on the lights, after using the can. this will give the lights a nice glossy black look (like a black iPod). If you don't apply the clear coat, it won't look as good as it should.

They apply it on the spot, it takes around an hour. They don't remove the lights, they just cover the area outside the tail lights with newspaper and crap. it's applied on the outside as mikeh mentioned.

Autoplus: They're located near printex printing press, also near hamarain centre. call them up and they will guide you. it's a little confusing. for the number, just check somewhere in this thread, i don't remember what it is.

Also, you might need two cans depending on how black you want it and how big your lights are. ( i used a can and a half, and they're darker black.)

Also, i recommend you wait and register your car before doing this mod, just to be safe. I haven't tried registering my car yet since i blacked them out.

Good luck! (Y)

thanks for all the info sparky... i will wait until i renew and then do it. i think il probably need 3 cans cuz i have an altima.

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 09 Oct 2006, 1:07 pm

here are some pics of my merc's head and tail lights... this is some sticker not the spray... got it done from ajman, was also available is shj but at double price.. the tail lights of my car are not plain thats y it dint stick well but look OK from a distance. :)

please do comment on how it looks.. i mite remove it if it dosnt look good :!:

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 10 Oct 2006, 12:10 am

It actually looks cool on the tail lights! (Y)

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 10 Oct 2006, 12:07 pm

Sam wrote:It actually looks cool on the tail lights! (Y)
yes man.. but today morning when i saw my car's tail lights some %%^% had removed the stiker. :evil:

Alpha
Adminstrator
Vehicle:RNN14 + JZZ31 + CT9A

Post by Alpha » 10 Oct 2006, 2:01 pm

ALi wrote:
Sam wrote:It actually looks cool on the tail lights! (Y)
yes man.. but today morning when i saw my car's tail lights some %%^% had removed the stiker.
:arrow: what the hell does that mean? Anyone would just snatch away something from someone's car? Damn, thats sick!