Tint

Body kits, paint jobs, stickers, lights, bumpers etc.

Moderator:Neo

speedy
UB Junior Member

Post by speedy » 07 Aug 2006, 10:18 pm

well wat i know about tinting is tht ther three types of tints
1usa
2japan
3 taiwan
well the cheaper ones r taiwan they r about 60 dhs n thy can use upto 6 months
now we move to japanese tints thy r coastly above 150 n thy r also good but no works it is useless
as we mentioned tht about 3m it is from america it is worth n has cool energy upto 1 yr n it is coming of 180 dhs well ths all price r market price of deira naif

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 07 Aug 2006, 11:41 pm

Well Another Sticky....
Talkin about experience...
Back in india, especially in bangalore..
The cops tried to setup 70% front and rear visibility and 50% side visibility... as a permanant rule.
My car failed the 50% side one bcoz, i had a tint which was visible in the lower part and turned into silver on the top.
They used a device which only checks the visibility on the edge.. lol..
mine came 53%...

Anyways my point it.. the rule cudnt be put into place due to the protest and was cancelled....
Lot of people did the conversion.. the recommended brand was 3M.... and it was atleast 5 times expensive than the crappy ones...

Honeslty if its the UV or Infra red which u wanna block.. even the lighter tint can do that.. yes something as less as 70%....
If u want privacy, the obvious choice wud be the darkest.

Recently my friend got caught in his lumina Ls... In dubai... The cop asked him why the glasses were so dark... he said, hez sorry and even teared off the rear tint off the car... the cop was so impressed and let him go witout any fine... Later when i saw, he had sticked the screwedup paper back on the glass... lol , it looked as if the glassz broken..

Good tint protects the glasses during accident.. they prvent them from breakin off in big pieces or flying around.

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 07 Aug 2006, 11:46 pm

Good tint protects the glasses during accident.. they prvent them from breakin off in big pieces or flying around.
arent all windsheilds and side windows either "tempered" or "laminated" anyways ??? :roll:

Neo

Post by Neo » 08 Aug 2006, 12:03 am

Accord98 wrote:
arent all windsheilds and side windows either "tempered" or "laminated" anyways ??? :roll:
Yes, so they break into small pieces, like big grains... and they sprinkle all over the place... So it can still go in ur eyes and inside ur mouth....

But the tinting sticker will hold them into a single peice even if is broken into a million pieces.

In the above picture that glass wud have shattered if there wasnt any tint... I mean i hope u got the idea...

In my car when the theft happened, the thief broke the rear quater glass to enter... When i came in the morning.. there wasnt a single glass piece coz he kept the whole shattered glass on the seat (held together by the tint). I picked it up and threw it out later.... If the tint wasnt there.. it wud have been a million piece inside the car..

xheartx77
UB Dedicated Member

Post by xheartx77 » 08 Aug 2006, 12:48 pm

yup ur rite again ... NEO ... tints helps in keepin the glass all togeather ... read it recently in a TINTS article in WHEELS mag.

speedy
UB Junior Member

Post by speedy » 08 Aug 2006, 4:17 pm

but i guess now a days by the modern technology now the car manufactures r makin glass in some special type
like in old cars when glass broke so it was broke completely n it was lit bit thin
but now the glass r being lit bit fatt n has the system of bubles yah it is true
when u will punched the glass it will not damaged but some craked or some boxes will come out
but same thing u will do in old cars it will completely damaged
or the theory of tint well it is 10% yes it is joining the glass

masroor
UB Dedicated Member

Post by masroor » 13 Aug 2006, 12:23 am

well i get it done from ajman....near ajman corniche there r many shops on one street n da shop name is a RED ABU DHABI PLATE # 90100 there is no speciality n its not famous...but da guy does good work and i am always satisfied...i have 50% all over and 200 % on ma front windsheild and he charges me 40 cuz i alwez go to him....but there is an awesome place AFTER DARK in karama near LAMCY but not really sure of its ecaxt location....and there is one more near da tyre shops near SAHARA CENTRE by da name of PROTEKT...they said 750 for my accord 4 door saloon car...wid 5 years warranty...but da work is good for sure....

speedy
UB Junior Member

Post by speedy » 13 Aug 2006, 4:12 pm

i like solar guard tint they r near to lamcy

ALi
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda Accord 2007

Post by ALi » 09 Oct 2006, 1:20 pm

masroor wrote:well i get it done from ajman....near ajman corniche there r many shops on one street n da shop name is a RED ABU DHABI PLATE # 90100 there is no speciality n its not famous...but da guy does good work and i am always satisfied.
its 91000 AUH RED :) ... i kno that guy too.. hez a BLOOSHI. i got my cars tint done from him a year back. since then i dint chg the tint and it din't get light too.. same as new and still bloks heat.

there a new tint called ARMANI or AAZIL. its also gud. costs nearly 200dhs.

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 09 Oct 2006, 1:40 pm

ALi wrote:new tint called ARMANI
As in Gorgio? :lol:

masroor
UB Dedicated Member

Post by masroor » 18 Jun 2007, 2:21 am

well guys the best place you can go to is VKOOL there is 1 in sharjah they told me 1600 dhs for my civic coupe so mikeh for yours it would be almost the same price but these tints are not normal ones which people use just to show off or for privacy at times even if you out 30% you will find it lighter then the ones you put from outside in satwa or deira because these tints are meant to reduce the heat and nothing else and they really reduce the heat comes with atleast 5 years warranty..where as the one HSV opposite lamcy is doing is cheaper and they are doing original 3M tints which also comes with 1 or 2 years warranty they reduce heat and you can also get dark ones there and one more place is near lamcy also which is the AFTER DARK which will cost you almost the same prices as VKOOL and the main point is again heat ressistence and not really darkness..these places are known for their real and proper work and its all guaranteed work. There is a place in sharjah where i get all my sound system work done and the guy has started tints also now he told me its heat resistent too let me be sure of it once and i will update you guys..

FReek
UB Addicted Member

Post by FReek » 22 Apr 2009, 12:01 pm

Hi Guys,

one question...when i got my ride, i went straight to have it tinted by 3M in ibn batuta, i got crystaline tints with 5yr warranty on them. When i asked the owner of the shop, he said it was perfectly fine to have 40% on the rear and both on the rear passenger side windows since i have CLEAR tints on the windshields and the two front side windows. Is this true? will i get in trouble for this?? 10k fine and an impound is too much IMHO :(

Neo

Post by Neo » 22 Apr 2009, 12:11 pm

I recently got my coupe done in 3M... the shop is right next to my house in abudhabi.
GOLDEN 3M

0% in the front with 40% on the top part of the windshield
20% on the side and back.

Freek i hope you are not talking about your rear windshield in 40% tint...
I guess 40 on the rear sides of the car is okay.

FReek
UB Addicted Member

Post by FReek » 22 Apr 2009, 11:03 pm

hey Neo, yup it's 40% rear windshield and 40% left and right rear windows....but i have clear tints on the two front passenger side windows + the front windshield. So basically, cops see the driver and the passenger a 100%.....do you guys think that makes em turn a blind eye on the shade of my tints? has anyone have the same set up in their rides?

i haven't been in trouble so far...i hope it stays that way. :( i'm getting paranoid all of a sudden...

grayfox666
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Volkswagen Tin Can

Post by grayfox666 » 23 Apr 2009, 6:41 am

I was driving with 40% bullshit tint all over for 2 and a half years. nothing ever happened. After a year and a half rear windshield got faded and turened totally white. Still was no prob. :D