Mods to my Corolla '03

Body kits, paint jobs, stickers, lights, bumpers etc.

Moderator:Neo

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 21 Feb 2007, 3:57 pm

Hey guys....

i m new to this forum... got excited reading some of the topics

i own a corolla '03 - its no sports car but i wud like to do some mods to it n appreciate ur advices / suggestions...here r a few ideas which i have

1. Get some branded alloys for me car (4 nuts)
2. put neon lights (any1 knows where to get streetglows)
3. can i change my headlites to JDM black housing (angel eyes) if yes where r those available as i c only honda civics and bmw have them other than the new cars.
4. is it advisable to lower the car by few inches by cutting the spring or changing the whole suspension by putting eibach springs and shocks (is there any other brand better) - i checked a few shops but they r not sure if eibach will fit in corollas

hope to hear from u guys soon

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 25 Feb 2007, 3:36 pm

none to reply..... :|

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 25 Feb 2007, 3:48 pm

Sorry for the delay, but here it goes:

- alloys, i'd go for Rota's. I am going for rota's myself actually
- Neon lights, Gulf & Wireless (on shk zayed road) has neons, and even streetglow I think
- Headlights, best thing you could do, if you cant find prefabbed lights, is DIY it. Take em apart, put in the angel eyes "tubes", and have em painted. Make sure you seal them good.
- cutting springs is bad, really bad. Spend a bit more and you will like it. I have a eibach suspension system, but there are many others, even cheaper, brands that are good. Swift might be a good thing, and I am sure you will find them for your car.

GoOo..oOo..oOod luck man (Y)

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 28 Feb 2007, 12:00 pm

thanks...mikeh for the info...

- alloys: where can i find these Rota's... do let me know if u find genuine ones.. as i can only find KH n other local brands in these iranian shops in shj.. dont know whether to trust them... wat r de things to be kept in mind when buying one...
- neon lights i will surely check with G & W ...
- i didnt understand the headlights part... but i will keep it for later
- springs: thanx for the info bro... any clues where to find them...

sorry for the trouble...as i dont know much other than go thru ur forum..

usaf23
UB Special Member
Vehicle:2016 Jeep SRT

Post by usaf23 » 28 Feb 2007, 8:53 pm

yo...if u want smaller accesories for ur car..
then u kan go to AUTOPLUS<Bhind Al Kabayal Discount Centre,Dxb>
or CLIFFORD <BMW Road,SHJ>

Blooshi
UB Junior Member

Post by Blooshi » 04 Mar 2007, 7:58 pm

need a roaring sound high performance exaust contact me i will get for u, the cheapest price in UAE. i give u d model number search the whole uae and the cheapest u find i give u 100 dhs more cheaper than that. take care. "modification has no limit do something to get d crowd" :wink:

my number is 050 8522234
055 6565007

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 05 Mar 2007, 8:42 am

i have been to Gulf & wireless for the neons and they say that they only have the neons to decorate the woofer boxes and stuff...

i have seen neons n LEDs in HSV but i dont know which is better since LEDs are costing more than neons but they are multi-coloured.

thanx blooshi, but i think modifying the exhausts are illegal rite? since i read it in this forum... but anyways i would like to know what r the exhaust brands which u have ....

does anyone know where i can get the lids for the headlites?

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 05 Mar 2007, 10:21 am

Ribur wrote:
does anyone know where i can get the lids for the headlites?
well you could try Autoplus in deira - you cant buy things from A-Z over there but little things like eye lids would be ok.
my opinion - that guy has got Trash. check it out though.you might find something interesting.only a few things are good and those you gotta search for it.
sure you will get your eye lids there....

SD -

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 05 Mar 2007, 10:32 am

yes Eleanor...i totally agree with u.... i have only been able to find useless materials.. there... but i shall check them out...

Blooshi
UB Junior Member

Post by Blooshi » 07 Mar 2007, 9:18 pm

thanx blooshi, but i think modifying the exhausts are illegal rite? since i read it in this forum... but anyways i would like to know what r the exhaust brands which u have ....

hi dear i got two brands with me Borla and Magna Flow high performance exhaust mufflers. well yes i agree its illegal but if u got a sport car and the sound is not much high for example good sound but deep toned will not have a problem. u know i placed in my car a borla small box and the sound is not much high like it has the sound what i was looking for and am very happy with that (Y) .

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 07 Mar 2007, 11:37 pm

Blooshi wrote:deep toned
that's the illegal sound, right?

kingkenny
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:clio197

Post by kingkenny » 08 Mar 2007, 12:16 am

mikeh wrote:
Blooshi wrote:deep toned
that's the illegal sound, right?
i think get the suspension done , go for the lighter rim like rota , it will perform much better than a muffle , plus stay out of the trouble !!

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 08 Mar 2007, 8:40 am

Indeed, like Kenny said.

Mufflers don't add any power, only sound. And unless that is what you want, .. don't go for it.

Ribur
UB Junior Member

Post by Ribur » 08 Mar 2007, 9:37 am

i didnt have exhaust in my list anyways...

thanx mikeh and kingkenny....