DIY flip flop trunk for Honda Civic

Body kits, paint jobs, stickers, lights, bumpers etc.

Moderator:Neo

3mro
UB Senior Member

Post by 3mro » 25 May 2007, 2:31 am

I wanted 2 ask u some things about ur car, but the pm doesnt seem 2 be working.

Neway, wanted 2 know where u got the speedometer from ?
as well as the neon lights in the car?

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 25 May 2007, 3:52 pm

hey 3mro...well the speedometer i got from pakistan. it has two colors, blue and green with dim controler!!...the neons i got from normal accesorie shops..i did it all myself its peice of cake as long as u no where you are connecting the wires :P ..

the tint, is it special tint or is it just the normal one/?...i think they have to use some heater to put it on ...ive been wanting to do it, but here in qatar they say its a special tint and stuff

anyways did you check out my flip flop trunk..it looks pretty good!!

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 25 May 2007, 5:06 pm

Nice work Tamu(finally you found the locks and hinges!!) The 2 Rockford's are the icing on the cake and makes the flip-flop alot more better,cheers (Y) (Y)

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 25 May 2007, 11:59 pm

thanks WKZ...the fosgates make the hole effect even better. when i showed my friends pic's if the trunk they all are like oooooo dude sick system...and i am like dude's check the trunk out...then they goo OHHH :P ..hahahahaha....i want to see more people try it. a friend of mine is doing it on his accord. i think it will look amazing on the accord!!

3mro
UB Senior Member

Post by 3mro » 26 May 2007, 11:56 am

hey tamu thanks a lot for letting me know, cud u tell me the price of the speedometer and the fitting charges ??

btw the tint .. its not the special one
tht special one is like a net .. tht doesnt look gud nor does i hav the shine tht the noma tint does

jus put he same tint tht we use on the windows and yea they use a heater to put it on ....

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 26 May 2007, 2:46 pm

the speedometer cost me around 1500rps from pak. thats around almost 90qr...as for fixing i did it myself. it was really tuff to get the hole speedo dial out initially and i also broke the speedometer needle while doing it :S ...its better you get it done from a proffessional guy, but since i new about wiring i was able to do it. the reason i didnt do it outside bcz the electricians where charging me more to install it then how much its worth..

3mro problems i noticed in friends lights from the normal window tint on the rear light is tat it starts to peel off :S ...and i no the other tint your talking about with the holes in it. your right it looks kind of crap. I dont no if you no 3M tint. apparently they are the best tint to use for blacking out the rear tail lights....and i dont no if you red on the forums about the spray you can use to black out the lights!!...anwyays if you got any more quetions let me no

as for you flip flop, how is it doing???...facing any probs??...mine is doing good so far! :)

3mro
UB Senior Member

Post by 3mro » 27 May 2007, 1:00 am

yea tamu
my flip flop is doing well 2 ...

as for tht spray tht ur talking about wel it does not give tht shine tht u wud get from the tint ...
i mean when my whole car is dirty and i jus wipe the tail lights with a tissue, tht shine looks amazing
u cud try the 3M tint ...

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 27 May 2007, 12:56 pm

ya i guess il have to try something...

is there anyone else that is going to try the flip flop/???

3mro is ur trunk sitting down completely??.or is it still sticking out a bit...cz mine is a tiny bit sticking out :S

3mro
UB Senior Member

Post by 3mro » 28 May 2007, 12:25 am

yea it does ...
and tht irritates me ... :(

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 28 May 2007, 9:53 am

loool..i could imagine broo..i was also got irrated in da begining...bro its all about the lock..the place u put it and the type of lock u use. innitialy i brought a crap lock which was no good to tell u the truth. and the trunk would stick out a tiny bit..

soo then i went and bought a heavy duty lock. i changed the place of the lock near the end of the hood..i dont no if your getting me ..but thats the thing to do if you want to get rid of the gap...for me it worked perfectly now and theres just a mayb less den a cm gap!!..

WKZ
UB Advanced Member

Post by WKZ » 28 May 2007, 1:37 pm

is there anyone else that is going to try the flip flop/???
Me Me Me!!! but cvurrently I don't hav a sedan at home both SUV's so goinna try it on my friend's corolla,don't knw how thats gonna look :? :o !!!

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 28 May 2007, 3:35 pm

WKZ...make sure his corolla has similar setup as the civic. otherwise it may not work. Please make sure you no what you do bcoz it could turn out to be a BIG MESS...trust me when i say big MESS

WKZ
UB Advanced Member

Post by WKZ » 28 May 2007, 10:30 pm

Yeah Tamu I have to first make sure if the setup is same or similar to civics and I am not in a hurry so first I'll get the hang of the full thing then go ahead,my friend is not really happy of my devious plans :evil: :D :D :!:

same1
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Civic 01. 92 Mark II 2JZ

Post by same1 » 23 Aug 2007, 1:13 pm

hi bro...can u temme tht how u did this? and wht does this cost...i also have same civic like u...need to do the same but i cant....can u temme how much did it cost and where is the shop .......coz im finding this for a month but didnt get.....and also temme abt ur alloyz along with low profile tyres....hw much it costs....recently i have fixed xenon...and i need to modify i more and more....and wht abt ur wofeers wht was the cost for complete sound system.....btw ur civic is nicely modified..ill modify more then u :D :D ....just kiddin...ill be waiting for ur reply...take care

Tamu
UB Special Member

Post by Tamu » 23 Aug 2007, 10:43 pm

hey man sorry for the late reply..

mmmmmm i dont no what to tell you honestly, bcoz i sold my car.. i am living in canada now, but il try to help you out as much as i can. But just remember when i had my civic i wasnt living in emirates, i was living in qatar so all my modifications where done there!!!

as for the trunk well it cost me like 20dirhams and i did it with a friend!!..its quite easy, so if you could just go to the 1st page of this topic and read the first post it will show you how its done, there are pics as well to guide you...

as for the sound system, well if you got deep pockets i would advice you to go for what i had..

i had fosgate woofers giving out 1500rms and a fosgate amp giving out 1000rms. i connected that to a tsunami 2farad capictor...i had 4 poineer kevilar speakers, there awesome and rare to find...a AVT in dash DVD player and poineer HU.....oh yaa n monster wiring!!!...this all cost me with installation around 10,000dirhams.....i bought all my system from dubai...our best guess would be to go to HSV behind lamcy plaza.thats where i bought everything from. so go n check it out

as for the rims and alloys, like i said most of the modifications where done in qatar so i cant help you out on that...you guys got more availability in dubai for modifcations and stuff so go and check it out bro!!!...best of luck

happy modding!!