Recommendations PLEASE !!!!

Body kits, paint jobs, stickers, lights, bumpers etc.

Moderator:Neo

Eleanor
UB Special Member
Vehicle:Honda civic 99 EK-Evo 8

Post by Eleanor » 24 Jun 2007, 6:06 pm

ok u guys, its time for me to change my tires. its been making alot of noise and as i just checked, its starting to get the cracks.i think thts whts creating the noise.real loud n getting irritating right now. most of all its summer n woudnt be very advisable to run on these hott roads with those tires.ive been using the conti premium contact for 2 n half - 3 yrs now. its giving me the best ride, the best performance, n its still reliable. the results on those r just amazing.
i checked out a few other tires for me which i could put on my "15" SSR rims

Pirelli P6000 ( these tires r with a wider base than my conti's, n lower wall size)
205-50 R 15 - Dirhams 1947

my conti's r : 195-55 R15

i tried finding out if they had the same tires which i have now n the other brands with the same size, this is wht they came up with at tyre express :

brands with the same size - 195-55 R15

Continental Premium Contact 2 - Dirhams 1781
Pirelli P6000 i think- Dirhams 1917
Michelin- Dirhams 2153

now i dont know wht do i go for ...... go for a thicker base with the P6000 or just stick to my Conti's .... could u guys please reccomend me on whts the best. i still prefer my conti's.... but anything else tht would give me the an extreme grip on turns n overall is good.
any other brands with the same performance ? waiting for ur Replies......
THANKYOU all so much .......

My tires at present, leave the nail out-was doing an add for my magazine.... lol

SD -
Last edited by Eleanor on 24 Jun 2007, 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 24 Jun 2007, 7:00 pm

ive just found another one ....
seems pretty well to perform in this hot climate
its the :
BF Goodrich g-force T/A KDW 2 - 205/50 ZR15, the price is pretty good..... 99 $ per tire.
looks good as well ......
please let me know wht u guys think..... id still prefer conti's though ...lol
thank you
SD -

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 24 Jun 2007, 10:54 pm

Still waiting ...... :s

SD -

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 25 Jun 2007, 12:25 am

hhhmm ... i've been using Kumho and i got no complains ... yeah i know its a Korean tyre but it does the job very well and its cheap too ... a very good for summer .. mine is Kumho Ecsta Traction AA, Temperature AA .. awesome grip on da road .... oh yea .. what kind of sound dat ur hearing .. maybe u wanna check ur hub bearings too ...

3mro
UB Senior Member

Post by 3mro » 25 Jun 2007, 1:56 am

Well guys,

What about Wanli, Firenza, Honkook.

I found out the prices for these tyres, they are like a pair of 4 for DHS.650 DHS.700

and i was shocked...

how come they are soo cheap??

and what about Kumho, how much do they cost WTF ??

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 25 Jun 2007, 6:28 am

I have noticed that couple of tires u mentioned has 50 profile.
Your present tire is 55 profile.
If you move from 55 to 50 the ground clearance wud reduce too...
Well u wud have better grip with wider tires and lower profile...
But ur ride wud be a bit on the harder side.
And it wudnt look good coz the whole wheel wud look thiner than earlier having a huge gap in between the tires and fenders...

Go for a well branded tire having similar profile, ie 55 and maybe a bigger width 205 or more....
All the brands u had mentioned is good...

And check the manufacturing date on these tires, by from authorized deals... dont get coned...

I wud advice everyone to change their tires every three years under normal usage...

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 25 Jun 2007, 9:27 am

WTF wrote:hhhmm ... i've been using Kumho and i got no complains ... yeah i know its a Korean tyre but it does the job very well and its cheap too ... a very good for summer .. mine is Kumho Ecsta Traction AA, Temperature AA .. awesome grip on da road .... oh yea .. what kind of sound dat ur hearing .. maybe u wanna check ur hub bearings too ...
yeh mayb i have to check those hub bearings.....the noise is like real bad.real loud too.i keep my car sitting for like a week n then i drive it on a thursday... dont know if tht mayb the cause.there r cracks starting to b seen.minor ones.....so i guess its time.... 2 n half - 3yrs is a long time.they have performed well n still is.there conti's r worth every bit.

got any good places i could go to - to get a check on hub bearings ?
thanks .....
kumho tires r good, but they dont last very long.might have to go n check on those...
SD -

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 25 Jun 2007, 9:31 am

Neo wrote:I have noticed that couple of tires u mentioned has 50 profile.
Your present tire is 55 profile.
If you move from 55 to 50 the ground clearance wud reduce too...
Well u wud have better grip with wider tires and lower profile...
But ur ride wud be a bit on the harder side.
And it wudnt look good coz the whole wheel wud look thiner than earlier having a huge gap in between the tires and fenders...

Go for a well branded tire having similar profile, ie 55 and maybe a bigger width 205 or more....
All the brands u had mentioned is good...

And check the manufacturing date on these tires, by from authorized deals... dont get coned...

I wud advice everyone to change their tires every three years under normal usage...
with the brands ive mentioned - non of them come with the 205 width n 55 wall height ..... if i choose for a wider base then i have to go for the low profile wall as well.....
yeh it would seem like my car is 5 times higher than present.... but i dont have a choice if i go for the 205 width .....
i was planning to later on in the future lowering my car... but after awhile ...
wht would u say Neo ?
thanku
SD -

Neo

Post by Neo » 25 Jun 2007, 10:38 am

Wait a sec...
I think u read it wrong...
50 means u tire thickeness reduces. therefore height reduces.
Which means the overall diameter of ur tire reduces compared to 55 profile.
;)
the reduction is small and sometimes negligible.

But i am not an expert for i dont hve hands on experience.

Edited:: In the pic u have a 55 profile tire rite... see the gap in between the tire and the fenders... the even looks so skinny. It will be even more when u put a 50 profile.

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 25 Jun 2007, 10:47 am

lol sorry - ive been reading many things wrong.....i need a good vacation.. :D

50, 55 is referred to the side wall height yeh ?
right now ive got 55, n with the 205 width, they only come in 50 wall height....wht i meant was, if i go for the thicker width thts 205 then i have to go with the 50 wall height. ur right ,it reduces the height n the space will b alot more between the wheel n the fender .... but at the end the wider tyre is better ? im looking to get some lowering springs soon. mayb skunk2 ....

im confused
SD -

Neo

Post by Neo » 25 Jun 2007, 11:08 am

I bet even the 55 profile tire wasnt the real ones on the car. IE not the OEM rite.

When the diameter reduces the overall gear ratio changes.
Ur speedometer wont be showing the right speed anymore.
U might get a lil better accelaration but mileage and top speed wud reduce.

Now the patch gain you would have with a 205 versus 190 wud be reduced due to the differences in circumference.

Dont go crazy reading my post.. it jst for information...
Its not the end of world.... :)

Lemme tell u how this wud work...
When ur car defaulted with a 14 inch rim and 60 profile tire, moving to a 15inch rim and 50 profile tire wud stil keep the diameter almost the same... hope u got the idea.

there is an extensive rim thread in this forum... its informative and confusing ... :)

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 25 Jun 2007, 11:44 am

mine was 195-55

i just checked to make sure.....on a picture here...
http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/image. ... 8e74ae.jpg

i think i might just stick with the 195-55 ...but i would like to try the 205's /// i dont wanna loose out on speed or pickup... most of all want nothing to effect my car in the long run.

SD -

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 28 Jun 2007, 11:55 am

Sure that 205 gives you more grip, do you actually need it?
Check the prices, and decide.. both 195 as 205 are not really wide tires.. so you won't have that much different I think.

Accord98
Vehicle:Toyoda

Post by Accord98 » 29 Jun 2007, 12:01 pm

i apologize, didnt read through the entire post - just recommending Yokohama's if no one has :)
And consider Dunlops as well.

Pirelli's are awesome if u got the bling... have them on my car, no complaints - :)

Eleanor
UB Special Member

Post by Eleanor » 03 Jul 2007, 3:04 am

Accord98 wrote:i apologize, didnt read through the entire post - just recommending Yokohama's if no one has :)
And consider Dunlops as well.

Pirelli's are awesome if u got the bling... have them on my car, no complaints - :)
alot of reviews say the pirelli's get eaten up pretty quick ... the thread dies of quick.
SD -