I got a fine for...

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
leroythtsme
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2010 2.5s

Post by leroythtsme » 26 Jan 2011, 2:48 pm

i have 2 fines ..source is abu dhabi..is the whole 50 percent payment still available ????
if yes wre can ii pay it..cuz on the dubaipolice.gov.ae my fine says 600 and 600..

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 26 Jan 2011, 3:03 pm

leroythtsme
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2010 2.5s

Post by leroythtsme » 26 Jan 2011, 3:37 pm

thnx..cant go and pay it personally ??? like do u have to pay it in abu dhabi ???

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 26 Jan 2011, 4:14 pm

I've heard the discount only works if paid online, but don't quote me on this. If you have a credit card, why don't you just pay it online and save yourself the hassle?

Matt
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:97 Wrx + 07 Wrx

Post by Matt » 26 Jan 2011, 6:48 pm

my dad paid his AD fines in person and they gave him the 50% discount

sharky
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2006 Honda Civic

Post by sharky » 26 Jan 2011, 9:05 pm

Ozimandius wrote:I've heard the discount only works if paid online, but don't quote me on this. If you have a credit card, why don't you just pay it online and save yourself the hassle?
i only have a debit card, not a credit card. =(

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 27 Jan 2011, 8:39 am

Then you can pay in person to avail the discount ;)

sharky
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2006 Honda Civic

Post by sharky » 28 Jan 2011, 2:13 am

Ozimandius wrote:Then you can pay in person to avail the discount ;)
i'd probably be arrested for winning 'lette of the week' in wheels.

theo_207GT
UB Junior Member

Post by theo_207GT » 08 Feb 2011, 2:16 am

STOP DOUBLE PARKING!!! if u double park, u deserve to get fined. ur not only annoying others, but its a sign of arrogance, ignorance and incompetence. parking lines are there for a reason...stop being so selfish.

thats 1 of the biggest problems in this country...when u need something done its always inshaalah...but the moment people step into their cars everything has to happen NOW!! like the MORONS who come up behnd u at a million miles an hour, flashing their headlights as though its the list time they wlll ever work,,,sittin on the arse of the car in front, not using indicators, stopping in the outside lane of a roundabout, turning from the wrong lane.........the moment theyre in the car, they have no respect for other drivers

and im sorry to say, but locals are the worst. they think they are the best drivers when, in fact, they are some of the worst. i mean, they dont even have the mental capacity of using something as simple as an indicator, or even just LOOK in the mirrors. u have no idea how many times ive had to break really hard because the idiot next to me decided he wants to turn without looking in his mirrors. and woooow do they love to drive fast. any moron can drive fast. driving fast is no skill...all u do is put ur foot down. u can train a MONKEY to do that. driving SAFELY, however, is a skill. being able to predict and avoid accidents, being aware of the cars around u takes experience.

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 08 Feb 2011, 2:38 am

(Y)

comatose
UB Addicted Member

Post by comatose » 08 Feb 2011, 6:43 am

Half of the drivers here get license through wasta or buy at supermarket.

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 08 Feb 2011, 8:19 am

theo_207GT wrote:STOP DOUBLE PARKING!!! if u double park, u deserve to get fined. ur not only annoying others, but its a sign of arrogance, ignorance and incompetence. parking lines are there for a reason...stop being so selfish.

thats 1 of the biggest problems in this country...when u need something done its always inshaalah...but the moment people step into their cars everything has to happen NOW!! like the MORONS who come up behnd u at a million miles an hour, flashing their headlights as though its the list time they wlll ever work,,,sittin on the arse of the car in front, not using indicators, stopping in the outside lane of a roundabout, turning from the wrong lane.........the moment theyre in the car, they have no respect for other drivers

and im sorry to say, but locals are the worst. they think they are the best drivers when, in fact, they are some of the worst. i mean, they dont even have the mental capacity of using something as simple as an indicator, or even just LOOK in the mirrors. u have no idea how many times ive had to break really hard because the idiot next to me decided he wants to turn without looking in his mirrors. and woooow do they love to drive fast. any moron can drive fast. driving fast is no skill...all u do is put ur foot down. u can train a MONKEY to do that. driving SAFELY, however, is a skill. being able to predict and avoid accidents, being aware of the cars around u takes experience.
+1
comatose wrote:Half of the drivers here get license through wasta or buy at supermarket.
+100

Call 911
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:MKV GOLF GTI

Post by Call 911 » 08 Feb 2011, 11:40 am

(Y)

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 08 Feb 2011, 1:29 pm

I second Ozi!

theo_207GT
UB Junior Member

Post by theo_207GT » 09 Feb 2011, 4:40 am

man id love to see some of these locals drive in a country like south africa. they would literally get the crap beaten out of them if they cut people off, blow their horns as soon as the light goes green, turn from the wrong lane, etc.