New Car Time - Advice?

Talk about car reviews & comparisons, buying advice & suggestions, spy shots etc.
akewalram
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Patrol LE 400HP

Post by akewalram » 14 Oct 2011, 5:48 pm

Hey all

I'm planning on picking up a new car around December or New Year time.. Narrowed down to options to a select few just wanted others opinions on the cars and what they think would suit best and just general opinions. I love all 3 cars which is why I'm extremely confused atm..

2012 Nissan GT-R
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Black Diamond Edition
2012 Mercedes Benz C-63 AMG

I really cannot choose which one would be best, GT-R is just an absolute monster but maintaince would be a pain and also I've heard the car gets boring to drive after a while.

CTS-V Coupe would be shit loads of fun, RWD, muscle car + burnouts and looks killer also a great and amazing car to drive.

C-63 the exhaust note of this car is just the best and of course again would be lots of fun muscle car, RWD, drifting + burnouts and all but also quality engineering and precision been put into the car.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Rogue
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Infiniti G35 06

Post by Rogue » 14 Oct 2011, 6:33 pm

C63 AMG .
BYE

7afe
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Lexus SC 300 5 SPD

Post by 7afe » 14 Oct 2011, 6:56 pm

CTS-V. IT HAS MANUAL TRANNY! rest all gay shifts!

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 14 Oct 2011, 7:15 pm

If your after RWD and Power, why not go for a real Muscle car and get a Corvette ZR1? :wink:

real_ashwin
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2008 SE

Post by real_ashwin » 14 Oct 2011, 8:43 pm

CTS-V for sure.

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 14 Oct 2011, 8:48 pm

According to me...precission engineering is put into the gtr..more like hand made (Y) and the new ones faster :p get the vspec wen it's out..worth the buck

WKZ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:EP82 Starlet+Jeep Wrangler

Post by WKZ » 14 Oct 2011, 8:54 pm

Rogue wrote:C63 AMG .
BYE
THIS or the CTS-V sedan if you don't mind a crappy interior, the coupe is plain fugly.

TNT
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Jeep Wrangler

Post by TNT » 15 Oct 2011, 1:50 pm

GT-R b*tches.
And don't get the CTS-V coupe, the sedan looks better and is way more practical.

ROJ
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:Hyundai Coupe

Post by ROJ » 15 Oct 2011, 3:55 pm

Test drive them all and you be the judge... Figures and reviews about the cars on paper dont mean a thing.. If you are investing in such a premium car, might aswell take all the time on earth to wisely chose..

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 15 Oct 2011, 6:08 pm

C 63, it's a sedan! (Y)

akewalram
UB Junior Member

Post by akewalram » 15 Oct 2011, 8:59 pm

Tribal wrote:If your after RWD and Power, why not go for a real Muscle car and get a Corvette ZR1? :wink:
As fun and amazing a ZR1 would be, I'm not looking for manual transmission.. Yes I know, muscle cars without manual = major fail but right now I'm just going for an automatic car..
WKZ wrote:
Rogue wrote:C63 AMG .
BYE
THIS or the CTS-V sedan if you don't mind a crappy interior, the coupe is plain fugly.
We already have a CTS-V sedan in the family but the car is in Bahrain at the moment at my other house and I love the coupe personally and the interior is fine with me.
TNT wrote:GT-R b*tches.
And don't get the CTS-V coupe, the sedan looks better and is way more practical.
Again practicality not an issue already have a Nissan Patrol if I ever need to seat more than 3 people, I personally adore the looks of the V Coupe..
Mr.HacKeR wrote:C 63, it's a sedan! (Y)
I should have mentioned I'm looking at the C63 coupe and not the sedan, don't really have much use for the sedan since I already have a Nissan Patrol so getting a coupe won't cause a problem with less seats etc..

Ah guys thank you to you all for the advice but I'm still quite confused probably narrowing it down to the GTR and the V-Coupe, I LOVE the 63 but in power wise in comparison to the GTR and the V-Coupe it's really underpowered.. Also AMG maintainance is a %#%$ pain, we have a G55 at home and barely a few months after we got it AMG racked up a huge bill to do with the brakes so I think I'm going to leave the 63 out of this..

Between the GTR and the V-Coupe!

And for all of you commenting on the V-Coupe looking ugly, the one I'm interested is ONLY the Black Diamond Edition! This one.

Looks sexy to me!

Coyote302
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:2011 Mustang GT + 1992 E-BNR32

Post by Coyote302 » 15 Oct 2011, 10:39 pm

GT-R!! It gets my vote..

CTS-V Coupe is a sleek car, no doubt. since you already have a CTS-V sedan and the C63 feels underpowered, then we know what the obvious choice is :wink:

akewalram
UB Junior Member

Post by akewalram » 20 Oct 2011, 12:55 am

Coyote302 wrote:GT-R!! It gets my vote..

CTS-V Coupe is a sleek car, no doubt. since you already have a CTS-V sedan and the C63 feels underpowered, then we know what the obvious choice is :wink:
Just spoke to Nissan regarding the 2012 GT-R. First of all he quoted me a ridiculous price of 500k? Second he said they don't keep any cars in stock all the cars are made to order. Also the only period I can place my order in is in December/January and THEN another 4-5 months till delivery.

What the %#%$?!

real_ashwin
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:Nissan Altima 2008 SE

Post by real_ashwin » 20 Oct 2011, 8:38 am

akewalram wrote:

Just spoke to Nissan regarding the 2012 GT-R. First of all he quoted me a ridiculous price of 500k? Second he said they don't keep any cars in stock all the cars are made to order. Also the only period I can place my order in is in December/January and THEN another 4-5 months till delivery.

What the %#%$?!
screw nissan the skyline was supposed to be cheap sports car for the masses. The old one started on 330K now they want 500K tell them to go f themselves.

Take the CTSV. PS I personally prefer the sedan though in pearl white

akewalram
UB Junior Member

Post by akewalram » 20 Oct 2011, 12:51 pm

real_ashwin wrote:
akewalram wrote:

What the %#%$?!
screw nissan the skyline was supposed to be cheap sports car for the masses. The old one started on 330K now they want 500K tell them to go f themselves.

Take the CTSV. PS I personally prefer the sedan though in pearl white
Yeah what the hell! I'm so disappointed! I found a Saudi Arabia dealer who is able to ship the car from America, American Specs for 389,900 AED.

Now that is the real price.. but there must be a catch somewhere!