Dubai Traffic Fines

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
samgad
UB Junior Member

Post by samgad » 25 Jan 2012, 4:31 pm

I just got a notification through SMS that my car is wanted for impounding :(

I normally obey all traffic rules and if I am ever flashed for speeding its for going 20-25kmh over the speed limit but only ever on the highway. There was however one time I was in a rush for a very important meeting and got flashed by a camera at going over 60kmh over the speed limit on Sheikh Zayed Road.

This is what they want the car for plus 1000 AED fine.

I know I can pay off the impound for AED 3000 but I am unemployed at the moment and cannot afford to.

If the poilice stop me while I am driving normally, will they take my car on the spot if I don't go to give it to the impound now?

Also to get my car back must I pay off my other fines? The total for my other fines is about aed 3000.

I am never going to speed again. This sucks.

Please advise me.

Thank you

itrsalmaan
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Honda accord

Post by itrsalmaan » 25 Jan 2012, 5:59 pm

what do you want to do?
You want to buy some time? if so then go to your police station and file an objection ;)
thats what i did, i got a fine for RECKLESS driving and that too for nothing. police didnt listen nor told me about this fine and gave me a slip/fine which i later checked to be of reckless driving :(

this shit reckless driving has 12 BP, 30 days impound and 2000 aed fine :(

Im suppose to go to court for a hearing :D

Coyote302
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:2011 Mustang GT + 1992 E-BNR32

Post by Coyote302 » 25 Jan 2012, 6:27 pm

samgad wrote:..........There was however one time I was in a rush for a very important meeting and got flashed by a camera at going over 60kmh over the speed limit on Sheikh Zayed Road.........
Lesson 1: Never speed to shave off 2 or 3 minutes of your journey time. It ALWAYS useless..... you burn more fuel & increase the chances of separating one or more body parts when coming to a sudden stop

</lesson>

Congrats on receiving "Dubai Police's Platinum Performance Award"....
If the police stop me while I am driving normally, will they take my car on the spot if I don't go to give it to the impound now?
Yup they can do that.
Also to get my car back must I pay off my other fines? The total for my other fines is about aed 3000.

yes you'll have to pay it. If i were you, I'd rather not contest the law, like resident Einstein suggested.
You can also test your friendship now and borrow their car for a month... hope it helps

samgad
UB Junior Member

Post by samgad » 25 Jan 2012, 6:38 pm

Thanks.

Not looking to contest it. I was breaking the law, I shall suffer the consequences. The good thing is I am out of work at the moment so don't need the car. The bad thing is I have heard of horror stories when people went to collect their car from the impound (parts missing, scratches, dents etc). I also can't afford to pay the AED 3000 of existing fines at the moment so I guess my car will just stay in the impound for however many months it takes me to get the money?

I started working for a company in Abu Dhabi and was there for 3 months but they didn't pay me so I left. :(

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 25 Jan 2012, 7:54 pm

if its just a 30 day impound, let it sit there.. take all the precaution you would take if you we're leaving the car for a month long holiday.. car should be fine (Y)

but don't let anymore time pass, if a cop stops you.. it will get worse :arrow:
those cop cars with cameras on the roof.. they will get to know all your fines just by pressing a button and will definitely stop you seeing the +60km/h radar.

samgad
UB Junior Member

Post by samgad » 25 Jan 2012, 8:27 pm

Thank you for your input :)

But can I get my car back from the impound after 30 days if I haven't paid my other fines?

xsijux
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:Aston Martin DB9

Post by xsijux » 25 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

As far as i know, you don't even have to pay for the other fines. I got one of my cars impounded and this was the case. But that was a good few years ago. Not sure how it is now. Good luck.

zeez06
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:2008 C6 Z06

Post by zeez06 » 25 Jan 2012, 9:44 pm

As far as i know and from my past experiance you dont have to take your car to the impound until and unless you get a call from the cops saying to do so. I had a same fine and when renewal came after 6 months of getting the fine i just went paid the fine and for impound and got the black points. Good Luck :wink:

soflow
UB Addicted Member

Post by soflow » 25 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

now is a good time to leave the car in the impound lot. dont wait till summer!
drive carefully in future.