Used Coilovers ?

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

Makoy
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse

Post by Makoy » 29 Jul 2012, 4:13 am

Ozimandius wrote:HK, ask him if he'll give a discount if you buy two sets, because I need one too!
hk20 wrote:@Ozi - Yes, we can get discount for 2 sets. If you are interested then we can go together and get it done, what say? :D

guys where is this ? i have already placed an order for my tein from andy's but i can still cancel during the 6 days creditcard security check ... hmmm guys do let me know when you will visit the place or if you have how are they ? are they any good ? let me know im putting my tein coilover set order on hold :) this could be a nice find

hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 29 Jul 2012, 11:18 am

@Makoy - Stay clear of used coilover guys in sharjah, they gave me useless coils with cut springs with bumpy ride. Get your original stuff from Andy's, i am also going to do the same.

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 29 Jul 2012, 12:15 pm

thanks for the warning ... im going ahead with my order then :)

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 30 Jul 2012, 4:16 am

hk20 wrote:@Makoy - Stay clear of used coilover guys in sharjah, they gave me useless coils with cut springs with bumpy ride. Get your original stuff from Andy's, i am also going to do the same.

Bro i heard Ground Control Coilover sleeves available in UAE ... ill do a lil digging tom :D will let you know we might be able to go for a group purchase . I still have 6 days of credit card security check with andy's and that time span i can still cancel my order :) so am still hunting for something i can purchase locally :wink: it wont harm to save a few :happy: ..

Ozimandius
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Mazda Miata MX-5 NA

Post by Ozimandius » 30 Jul 2012, 1:21 pm

Will a group buy save on shipping? I need coilovers too!

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 30 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

Makoy wrote: Bro i heard Ground Control Coilover sleeves available in UAE ... ill do a lil digging tom :D
yes They are available at most of the Road side Irani suspension shops in Sharjah.. for 300 bucks a set But I strongly suggest you stay away from them.. Most I saw we're very cheap quality and China made with weird brand names you would expect to see in a 5-10dhs discount shop lol

Imagine if one of those snaps, not only will your car get Screwed up bad.. you might even flip it over and have a major accident at highway speeds.. Stick with the Coilovers bro, It is worth it! (Y)

Stok
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:Eclipse 1995

Post by Stok » 30 Jul 2012, 2:26 pm

+1 on shipping from Andy's

Makoy
UB Junior Member

Post by Makoy » 30 Jul 2012, 5:56 pm

Yeah i checked them out and they are not GROUND CONTROL brand tribal is right its some chinese un branded sleeves... and tthe installation needed the original shocks and struts tobe grinded Ouch LOL there is no way im go nna let em near my stock strut and shocks with a fckn grinding machine :o :|

Yeah im getting my coilovers from andysautosport i have already placed the order just waiting the security check on my credit card and it will be on its way :) cant wait !!

Ozi unfortunately i dont think group buy can save in shipping ... but ill email Andys auto sport and ask if they can ship by sea if we buy in group and if you al;l are willing to wait ..

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 02 Aug 2012, 12:03 pm

Thanks, let me know what they say.

hk20
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:2011 Nissan Tiida HB - JDM Project

Post by hk20 » 07 Nov 2012, 9:50 pm

hk20 wrote:Springs or coilovers check this Shop called AL Jehad it is the same shop mentioned above. They have genuine stuff also there is another shop right next to that which also sells coilovers and springs. Good Luck (Y)
@scott - Dude are you like copying a post and just re-posting the same thing as your OWN suggestion? :arrow:

Faris
UB Junior Member

Post by Faris » 22 Jan 2013, 10:54 am

Advice to everyone as expirienced
Dont go to jedah or the shop next to it for coilovers as they dont have the right coilovers for your car
I went there and did a huge mistake and i regret
I wil advice to save up money wait a little and get brand new coilovers and never regret thats what ill do new

fakhir_tariq
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:AE101

Post by fakhir_tariq » 23 Jan 2013, 12:20 am

To every Ub Member,

An advice after suffering through several unhealthy experinces with coilovers being sold at irani shops. If you hunt a half cut of same model as your car & its not driven in UAE, you may buy it blindly & i assure it would be next to perfect. Whereas if you go purchase coils from jehad or shop next to zawraq and all, there would be 2 possibilities:

1. either you'll be served with mix n match coils & abosorber sandwiched with used / spoiled / rotten seals bolts resulting in comfy drive for just span of time till the car remains within 100 meter radius of the shops. The moment you get on to highway or main street thats where you'll get in to dilemma & you'll experince the most joyful or dreadful moment. You might even think of murdering some one or get killed by someone. Conclusion please draw yourself.

2. You might find a genuin set of coils of your car specifically meant for same chassis & you'll have a peaceful low ride hereafter which happens once or twice in a lunar year i would recall...

If you are wise enough, purchase a new branded set or get them ripped from Imported cars but dont ever buy from local irani shops.

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 24 Jan 2013, 3:17 am

^ +1
for the local businesses anything can go anywhere...for us we need to live with that setup...my rear coils are really giving me a hard time these days :mrgreen:

Ozimandius
UB Super Member

Post by Ozimandius » 04 Feb 2013, 11:01 am

Well said Fakhir. Never trust those muppets.

k77ang3r
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:AE92 Toyota Corolla

Post by k77ang3r » 04 Feb 2013, 1:21 pm

Well, i don't know what to share ?
Because whatever i wanted to share is already informed by our UB member Fakhir Tariq.
There are 2 possibilities, either you'll get an awesome job done or else the opposite, and money rest in peace, just forget about it because you never going to get it back from "muppet" as you said.

All they do is, bring all used coilover and somehow make them one piece.
As a brother, i would suggest you the same as Fakhir Tariq told you.
I had fooled once, and then by force somehow i took one more set with some extra money waste.
Luckily i got them fine pieces because i started reading about Tein and Cusco later on. I mean, double checked them this time.
Its all luck brother.

If possible, try order them for your MX-5, by the way, i loved your ride.
It looked till now freak car to me till i drove and felt it.
Its an awesome ride, felt great like Initial-D.
Regards...