Daddy of all Z's

The area to post your car/bike pics and specs.
Post one car/bike per Topic.

Moderator:Accord98

docaam
UB Advanced Member
Vehicle:G35s and 370Z

Post by docaam » 29 Aug 2012, 12:50 pm

Ok fitted the wheels and seems like problem of tire rod end hitting the wheels barrel is gone after tweaking the camber arms and TC rods or maybe because of installation of sway bars

WORK CR01 15 X 8.5 and 9.5 with Bridgestone RE11 195 50 15 and 205 50 15

Coilovers are set of high level will lower at time of alignment

This is the dropped height as of now

Very relieved on the front ones

Perfect offsets either to run on slightly negative camber or with fender flares

Center cap is not fitting in the front might need some alteration

Installed with Kics Neo Chrome long open lugs . I like how the rotors are peeking though the wheels

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 29 Aug 2012, 12:51 pm

Being a huge fan of Chip Foose have watched Overhalling again and again lol, so wanted to do 10% of what he does to the cars.

Was waiting till the main work is done to start of heat and sound insulation, only thing came to my mind was Dynamat products.

SWISS AUDIO FTW, They did an awesome work on my 370Z and now this they are working now on installation

First they are doing a Dynamat Extreme, which will be stuck on the firewall, full floor, trunk, rear side fenders, doors and even the roof, main purpose was to reduce road noise, engine sound/vibrations and heat from the exhaust.

Dynamat XTREME

I love the way Swiss Audio guys work, they removed everything from the car even the brake and accelerator to cover the whole area. I took some phone pics yesterday while they were doing, rest might take today

Once its finished it will be covered with DynaPad, which will hopefully eliminate all heat and acoustic issues at all.

DynaPad,

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 29 Aug 2012, 12:51 pm

Dynamat thing is done, still I need the doors to be done but that will be after I change the window channel and most probably will be at the time of audio install.

Dynapad was a smaller piece so just in main three places.

Some installed phone pictures was more worried about the the holes next to the fuel cell now all covered up

Other areas

Firewall area most important

Rest all finished

Car is off the jack so took some pictures

Waiting for intake manifold, fuel rails and 80mm throttle body to finish off the work, parts will be here by Sunday :)

Meanwhile doing some DIY to fit the Autometer guages, Im using the stock guage housing and installing the meters in that, sizes are bit different so gaps will be filled by Bondo and a respray on the whole dash

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 29 Aug 2012, 12:54 pm

Few things which were done, was fixing the dashboard and installing Autometer gauges. I used the stock bezels and moulded them in the dashboard. Kept them a bit tilted giving a more modern look. Dash had two big cracks was almost in two pieces, fixed with epoxy and then sanded and painted matte black.

Just have one pic when work was done

Finished dash

three bigger guages went in place of stock

There are three more guages, A/F ratio, Voltmeter and Fuel guages which will go in place of radio headunit.

Got the exhaust muffler as well, 2.5" pipe will get a custom one to go with it.

Nardi steering :)

Cusco front and rear Strut bars

Thanks guys, weather is bit hot so progress is a bit slow

[QUOTE=simota1;1844097]man doc your dash looks so good man :D[/QUOTE]
In the night will look much better bro

________________________________XXXXXXXXXXXX____________________________________

Finally I can say final stages. Engine upgrade things are done still needs to test it though.

Dropped the car for full rerun the wiring in a proper way, fixing the AC and all guages

All opened up

After doing lots of tests the guy couldnt fit the evaporator to the stock blower so bought a whole new evaporator with built in blower its more of a universal kind

Comes with controller as well

Got a whole immobilizer, remote door trunk opener and along with keyless entry and starting

No Key now

Will use these to kit the footwell area

Wiring all sorted out through the firewall, no tape will be used all electric soldering

These are the final three guages which will go in place of headunit

Was really excited to see the LED lit guages so first start

Cant wait to get all this done

________________________________XXXXXXXXXXXX____________________________________

Tonight I visited the place electrical and AC work should finish by tomorrow

Dash is installed all gauges are installed. Dont have pictures for the other three which will go in place of headunit

I just cant get enough of these

Asked to guy to installed two green LEDs for hazard and one blue for highbeam in the speedometer

The red rings looks awesome in person

Removed stock AC blower and evaporator and in the picture a black box in the middle can be seen, will throw air through stock vents.

New AC condenser with a fan fitted nicely, oil cooler still needs mounting bracket

Remote door and trunk locks installed

Blue light on parking light setting

Love the quality of Xenons, very bright

Rear lights and Licence plate lights still stock ones will replace later with LEDs

kartoos100
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:08 IS300 + 05 Civic

Post by kartoos100 » 29 Aug 2012, 3:09 pm

Awesome Stuff! Its coming out brilliantly!

Super Jealous!

Coyote302
UB Addicted Member
Vehicle:2011 Mustang GT + 1992 E-BNR32

Post by Coyote302 » 29 Aug 2012, 3:17 pm

Sweet progress... I'd love to work on a S30z as a project.

alexEF
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:1991 Honda Civic Hatchback

Post by alexEF » 29 Aug 2012, 3:27 pm

deym nice build and parts (Y) (Y) (Y)

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 29 Aug 2012, 3:52 pm

Coyote302 wrote:Sweet progress... I'd love to work on a S30z as a project.
To do a S30 project is huge fun but it will test your passion on avery high level along with lots of reseach

UAE NEWBIE
UB Dedicated Member

Post by UAE NEWBIE » 10 Sep 2012, 6:46 pm

Coming along nicely

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 30 Nov 2012, 2:43 am

Couldnt update here, car is almost done copying all posts from past two months

UPDATE:

The electrician had some family problems hence the delay but he is trying to come once or twice a week to finish off the things. Once the wiring was done some wires from the harness got disconnected so car is having problem in getting started.

I brought back the car to the workshop to get the fuel fine, fuel return channel and other pending intercooler piping done. All is done installed some new couplers and New Injectors as well as stock one were not fitting with this fuel rail.

Everything looks good just the wiring once its started needed to be cleaned up

Air filter is installed as well went for mushroom style because of lack of space

Fuel system all ready

Regulator moved to a better place

Changed the battery terminals as well

Battery kill switch will go inside the dashboard console along with AC switches

Bought Cusco Oil Catch Can (original JDM lol) form the shop owner as he was storing it for last two years so will be installed with a breather filter

Got a good deal on HKS BOV as well, will install after starting the car

Thinking of selling and removing the rear spoiler

Car was dirty as hell but still love the paint job

Post No: 2
Sorted out the wiring 80% (just cleaning up is left and some gauges hook up)

Took the car to Fox for exhaust fabrication, went for 2.5" (inline with future NA plans) custom fabrication of down pipe with single resonator and muffler I used from HKS 2.5" inlet 4" outlet. The exhaust has steep clearance as there was a space near the differential to pass it but rear sway bar was blocking it. Anyways looks and sounds amazing.

Fitment time

Resonator

Downpipe

Blocking space

Finished

Ground Clearance

Also fitted HKS BOV

Current work going on, got a relay box just finalizing the wiring

Moved the AC controller in the (so called) glove box

Gauges are installed except boost controller (will do later)

Fabricated stock fan controller unit but will move gauges down to headunit part and then do the whole in carbon fiber, it will have light on top, then AC Vent then custom space with some lights (hazard, high beam, AC and Alternator) and toggle switches for Fan and AC and boost controller then three gauges.

Finally there is a seat in the car

Post No: 3
Project moving towards final finish in full swing.

Will be taking the car to the painter nest week to repaint front fenders and install all the parts like rubbers and some other small stuff, then carpet inside. So only two major things left so hopefully will be able to finish sometime in November.

I installed R200 from 300ZX before but with 240Z half shafts they bottom out so one option was to trim the half shafts or change it back to R180 (240z comes with R180 and rest R200). There is a company by name of Betamotorsports in California same company who made my coilovers when car was in california. They do every six months a GB to make custom Stub Axle with which you can install Sti 2004-2005 CLSD and 2006 VLSD differential in 240z. Surprisingly Sti uses same R180 differential and its a bolt on application in 240z just the spline count is a problem.

Stock Stub axle is 29 spline in 240z and Sti has 27 so this is what I got its not a welded piece but a single piece so wont break and very durable. Excellent reviews on these

This goes in Sti diff

This matches 240Z halfshafts

Here is the diff, I have been told its from 2006 which should be 3.5 clutch pack one VLSD diff. Much better then stock open one and best is its pretty much new as well. People with Sti are running this fine upto 450whp so more then enough for my needs.

Stub axle fitted

I also got the seats delivered today, ordered it last month. Was in between Bride and other but then went with these. These are one by the same manufacturer of lots of OEM Recaro for different cars and OMP seats. These are full carbon fiber frame and same as GT3 bucket seats just with recline function. Keeping inline with my interior plan asked them to make it in black leather and alcantara with red stitching.

Post No:4
Finally I an say car is in final stage of completion :)

As I did the paint job almost 10 months back and car was roaming from workshop to workshop there were minor damages to paint so found it better to get it resprayed it all over again and move to fixing parts.

It was painted on Thursday and today they were doing polishing, should be done by wednesday and installation of parts will start

I am doing a custom center console in the dash, it was like this

Now I close the whole middle part, it will have the map light then airduct, then different lights and switches along with starter button and then the gauges

There are four LED lights for High Beam, Turn Indicators, Hand Brake & Seatbelt ( had extra so using it), then four switches one for fan, AC, rear defogger and hazzard. I moved the big AC controller in the glove box for a cleaner look.

Middle console I got it repaired was broken in three pieces with cracks. Upper part will have SST audio face and after will have HKS Boost controller. Then both the parts will be wrapped in carbon fiber

I have been collecting lots of small parts over past months

I am changing all the rubbers front windscreen, rear, main door strip, upper door strip, lower door strip and two small rubbers on each corners. Will be changing all rubbers for quarter windows inner, outer and straight one. I also got cowl and three piece hatch rubber kit as well. Rear headlight rubbers seals are there as well and also got window channel rubber from Datsun Bluebird hopefully it will fit as well. So finally everything will be replaced

Also got all OEM Nissan clips and pins and all small rubbers for trunk, hood struts, battery holder, horn, wiper blades etc. Got clear small fender lights and window opener from Singapore

New door handles and hood badge

Also ordered some custom 240z engraved SS kick plates from UK

Old Vs New

For audio there was no place for a normal headunit so I ordered SST Secret Audio unit, its a small display unit and rest goes under the seat and have a radio frequency remote which can operate upto 5 meter distance. It plays radio, SD card, USB and iPod connectivity.

Some stock chrome pieces like AC vent for middle part and Ash tray was in bad shape so did some polishing with Brasso FTW

Before

After one hour of scrubbing and polishing

Before

This still under process as inside part needs to be painted so will spray paint it silver.

Other interior panels had cracks in it as well so I will be repairing it with epoxy resin then sand it and spray matt black.

I have a carpet kit coming on thursday and CF fender flares this weekend as well. Will post more details by this weekend.

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 30 Nov 2012, 2:47 am

Post No: 5
Update from wednesday

rubbers getting installed

Changes the windscreen moulding as previous one had some gaps though it was new as well

Yellow and red side lamps replaced by JDM white ones

Ashtray painted silver and polished

Custom console piece, on top there will be stock map light and then AC vent

Front lamps with new clear covers and whole casing was cleaned and painted matte white

Was there in the workshop whole thursday getting things done

Installed short throw shifter

Took a lot of work to made it fit as brackets were small so was coming out but managed by making custom brackets

Carbonfiber work was done on center and dash console

As all lights were replaced or refurnished so I open up tail lights as well, will spray silver in the casing and covers were sanded and will be clearcoated

Finally by night time lots of things were on the car, installed the front air dam as well

Post No: 6
Some more work done almost done, hopefully will take it for carpet tomorrow

Went with Toyota Celica Fender mirrors as opposed to Datsun which usually people use, like the length of these and the angle. Painted the stalk black. Front bumper, anfront grill also painted same black installed.

Removed the stock hood lock and installed these pin ones.

Removed the CF spoiler I felt was slightly bigger will check later, tailights were done as well

Center console parts ready as well

Audio headunit with brakcets

HKS Boost controller

Gauges, toggle switches and starter button, LEDs to go in

Meters are a bit tilted towards drivers side

AC vent and stock map light

Seats were installed as well, didnt need any bracket were bolt on stock rails just holes were widened

Post No: 7
Sent the car yesterday to the interior shop to do a custom carpet work, door panels in leather/lacantara and migt wrap the dash in alcantara. Just some phone pics after it was washed to go, paint job looks good considering its not polished yet.

Post No:8
Interior work, half way in carpeting job

This is as of today
[QUOTE=docaam;2039104]Interior is all done, kept the same theme as my 370z, red stitching, black leather and alcantara with some carbon fiber.

Car is ready for registration just few small things, left hopefully next week it will be running on the road

View of the seats front front

Center console, might do the gearshifter boot again later

Armrest in alcantara with same stitching as seats

Roof liner and sunvisors

Trunk area carpeting came out very nice

Overall very happy with the quick and clean interior job

Image[/QUOTE]

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 14 Jan 2013, 11:41 am

lots of things have been in the past month, stand alone ECU install, wiring job, engine parts changed, differential changed. tunning sorry for not posting here.

Finally car is ready to be taken to registration and engine bay and interior is done few minor small things are left

Got the last set of missing parts some new emblems, strut covers, door handles and misc clips and stoppers

for Nadri had to buy both Momo and workbell adaptor still the horn button is loose any suggestions?

After the wiring got the car on dyno (AWD Mustang) but couldn't go above 230-240whp, coils start misfiring, but did the tune and car is running perfect now, pushing around 215-220whp on 5psi. Will change the stock coils, plugs and do a retune after a month or so.

Did a quick cleaning job, all left now is to check the brakes as pressure is very low even after 1 inch willwood brake master cylinder

Installed some generic pedals

Will install Nardi after all the mechanical work, interior is all set now

Installed the front Cusco strut bar cheery of the top for the bay :), loving the engine bay some cleaning of nuts bolts is there but thats more of an ongoing project

Installed spacers front and back fitment is superflush

Front needs a drop but will do once final alignment is done as caster, camber and toe is totally out as well

Courtesy of recovery vehicles :( infact all wheels has big curb marks

Stanced out nice in the end

Beauty and the beast

VWCefiro
UB Junior Member
Vehicle:2008 VW Passat 2.0t TFSI

Post by VWCefiro » 15 Jan 2013, 12:10 pm

coming to look real good man it's hard to find these in the states where I"m from the only ones I saw are at the junkyard :( becoming extinct, but you made a good project and hopefully get gets done! :happy: which looks to be the case anyways lol

docaam
UB Advanced Member

Post by docaam » 20 Feb 2013, 8:37 am

Installed the Nardi steering wheel to finish it off the interior some little things pending though

Some pictures i took, car was a bit dirty though.

After driving some issues are coming up, like

1. Brakes not taking enough pressure
2. Some heat coming from from the gearbox opening
3. Clutch pedal needs a bit of alignment
4. Exhaust is too low might need working on gearbox mounting and move the exhaust up
5. Steering rod had some problem during alignment time running -1.7 camber on one end and -1.1 on other will be fixed soon

Coils, some trunk emblem, speedo GPS module and fuel sender are on order will be replaced next week. Apart from this car drives very nice suspension is a bit stiff i guess will loosen up after some driving.

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 20 Feb 2013, 1:49 pm

talk about a resurrection (Y) (Y)