Who does a good work of Camber/Tos Settings ?

Wheels, tires, suspensions, brakes etc.

Moderator:Neo

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 01 May 2013, 3:58 pm

I'm pretty much sure about failing on pure bags, as Locals don't have much of a hassle in this case, the lexus in your question..

The thing is that the technical inspectors are not informative and only know the stock stuff or know and are told to disallow such things, my undertanding, so anything that doesn't look standard, they are about to start marking & barking, unless the ride belongs to locals or wasta is involved....

GLuck on your query with those low riders....but I think hey might belong to a local...

Tribal
UB Senior Member
Vehicle:G35

Post by Tribal » 01 May 2013, 8:03 pm

Lexus LS I believe comes with OEM hydro suspension, and all you have to do is add a controller to be able to go up and down.(its very slow) But its still the same setup as factory = Pass

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 01 May 2013, 8:08 pm

Mr.HacKeR wrote:Ya bags over coils will cost you at least 7000Dhs, I already did the math. But that's about 50% cheaper than a regular air kit, simply because you don't need air struts. I could be wrong though..

I tried talking to LAP57 about converting my coilovers into bags, but they weren't excited about it.. Maybe I should try somewhere else..
Are you sure the car won't pass if I have an air suspension?! I see a lot of crazy low lexus' on the road, usually parked. So I think they're on bags.. I will try and ask one of them :grin:

My only concern is the air tank and the compressors.. my trunk isn't exactly spacious :$

The only thing that matters when you go to pass your car is if you kept your car as stock as possible...your chances of passing get thinner by the amount of things you'v added

ofcorse these guys need special training on passing cars here but we are far far away from that day.

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member
Vehicle:09 Altima Coupe 3.5SE

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 01 May 2013, 9:08 pm

There's a Lexus GS on the ground near my house, I'll try and talk to the owner. But I think you guys are right, there's noway a non-lexus will pass with bags. I guess I have to try the new air system (bagless) :grin:

Have you guys heard of the cup kit? :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z1n-zINGm0
(SKIP TO 0:20)

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 01 May 2013, 9:34 pm

Mr.HacKeR wrote:There's a Lexus GS on the ground near my house, I'll try and talk to the owner. But I think you guys are right, there's noway a non-lexus will pass with bags. I guess I have to try the new air system (bagless) :grin:

Have you guys heard of the cup kit? :!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z1n-zINGm0
(SKIP TO 0:20)

DEAD EXPENSIVE
reason why you get them on ferarri's

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 01 May 2013, 9:40 pm

lol in the video it's an expensive Porsche, but I've seen it on a 370 and a few Lexus'

too bad it costs about AED 11K! :mrgreen:

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 01 May 2013, 10:15 pm

Mr.HacKeR wrote:lol in the video it's an expensive Porsche, but I've seen it on a 370 and a few Lexus'

too bad it costs about AED 11K! :mrgreen:
well it should...if you know what are the elements and what it does,its a fair price

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 01 May 2013, 10:18 pm

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 01 May 2013, 10:35 pm

I guess the right thing to say is: you gotta pay to play :grin:

Sorry for hijacking your thread TryllZ :$

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 01 May 2013, 11:22 pm

Mr.HacKeR wrote:I guess the right thing to say is: you gotta pay to play :grin:

Sorry for hijacking your thread TryllZ :$
No problem...any information you receive, I receive it too...

any more hijackers...no disrespect..

(Y) (Y) (Y) :grin:

CaL][CaB
UB Senior Member

Post by CaL][CaB » 02 May 2013, 4:11 am

you know...technically you dont even need a coilover to do this setup...and its not like a coilover airbag setup is going to allow you to track race...i just gave my OEM shocks to this guy who has 15 years of expirience in air bagging...should be done in a few days as long as he works on it :arrow:

(keeping in mind this is all about street stance and NO track performance)

will update soon :grin:

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 02 May 2013, 2:20 pm

CaL][CaB wrote:you know...technically you dont even need a coilover to do this setup...and its not like a coilover airbag setup is going to allow you to track race...i just gave my OEM shocks to this guy who has 15 years of expirience in air bagging...should be done in a few days as long as he works on it :arrow:

(keeping in mind this is all about street stance and NO track performance)

will update soon :grin:
I don't think it is a good idea to do this to your OEM Shocks, Coilovers can handle being driven with a low ride height, but OEM shocks won't. They will fail sooner than any coilover, it is worse than putting lowering springs on your OEM shocks.

AND Please PM the details of this guy/shop and how much is he charging you? :$
luckily I still didn't order anything :grin:

Good luck with your build!

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 02 May 2013, 4:32 pm

Yes, please update us as well.....and I too read that OEM shock aren't designed to handle that much of lowering compared to coilovers....any way GLuck...

TryllZ
UB Junior Member

Post by TryllZ » 16 May 2013, 8:57 pm

Mr.HacKeR
UB Dedicated Member

Post by Mr.HacKeR » 17 May 2013, 2:15 am

If I were you I'd choose the Job Design kit:
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 6120_n.jpg
http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-a ... 2152_n.jpg

And the WORK Varianza V5S wheels (They work will with the chrome Grille and parts on the bumper & I love the deep lip):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/workwheels ... 018801201/

Just one thing, which size wheels are you planning on getting? You need something with a large lip, the ones in the picture are 19" wheels. To my knowledge, the lower the size (and width) of a wheel, the smaller the lip will be. Just wanted you to pay attention to this.