need help with the z350.... i trust your info ppl

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
nightcrawler
UB Junior Member

Post by nightcrawler » 10 Sep 2006, 1:50 pm

hi guys ... my name is ameer .

i live in sharjah . and i recently found z350 2003 model . manual (6spd) , electric blue . and she looks damn hot . the only thing is that am new to the z350 . i have no info about it .

do you think its worth it .
am not that rich ... i want to know if the parts are available . if its a good car . ???
and if there is any common problems with it . and what should i check before i buy it .

please need answers as soon as possible. the price is very good . just 68K ,,

what do you think ppl ..

as i said . i'd never ask if i dont trust your experience guys
thanks in advance

7aMooD TuRBo
UB Senior Member

Post by 7aMooD TuRBo » 10 Sep 2006, 3:47 pm

hey bro wellcome here :wink:!!
Z350 is damn cool, worth it budy!! can u show us the pic's for it!! and don't 4get bro it's from the japanese beasts 8)!!

Jin
UB Senior Member

Post by Jin » 10 Sep 2006, 4:33 pm

hi ameer!!!
first of all as far as i knw there is no common problem in
350z!!!
just see how many kms it has done!!!!
n check carefully if it has been through any accidents!!
try to find dents!!
n when u r all done just to be extra sure take it to
al massad and ask them to checkup on the car!!
hope it helps!!
best of luck!
Jin :P

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 10 Sep 2006, 5:03 pm

hmmm...

look buddy... cant give u specific details... but follow wht JIN said... to me 68K for 350 Z is bit... u kno... model 2002-2003? tell me... u r buyn from Industrial area where they bring car frm US... if yes I wud recommend not to buy... why? cos most of em r damaged in US accident/ calamity... hope got my point...

tc

WTF
UB Senior Member

Post by WTF » 10 Sep 2006, 7:54 pm

check the engine if its abused or any problems, if its possible ... let it be check on nissan service center. the looks might conviced u but what about what's inside of it ?

Neo
Vehicle:2005 Hyundai Coupe

Post by Neo » 11 Sep 2006, 1:39 am

masabgt wrote:hmmm...

look buddy... cant give u specific details... but follow wht JIN said... to me 68K for 350 Z is bit... u kno... model 2002-2003? tell me... u r buyn from Industrial area where they bring car frm US... if yes I wud recommend not to buy... why? cos most of em r damaged in US accident/ calamity... hope got my point...
tc
Hmmm, is that really real... :| damn.. :roll: guys take a note of this point.. i didnt know tat.... good info masabgt.... thanx.. :o

Get the OBD2 scanner to do the job... if u wanna be so sure... check in the showroom and then an outside source.. compare the data from both the place... u will know wat ur dealing with.. and when ur checkin the car in an external garage... raise the car and get and expert to check for chassis damage....
And listen buddy, listen of sounds from the car....

Other than that.. the car is reliable and cool to own.... and the price looks pretty inviting too.... good luck....

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 11 Sep 2006, 9:43 am

There have been repeatedly 350Z's reported that have water damage due to the hurricanes that hit US.. And those are usually cheaper priced.

68k ... Looks a bit cheap to me, don't forget this was a 140k car. They are good cars, they're the next big tuning platform, but I guess the small diseases will start to turn up now.. and you might need to replace somethings...

what's the mileage?

Sparky
UB Advanced Member

Post by Sparky » 11 Sep 2006, 12:40 pm

Hey dude, at that price, you have to make sure that there's nothing wrong with it. Have it tested and scrutinized before you go, make sure everything is fine with it.

If it hapens to be in great condition then dude, be sure to go for it, because a manual 350Z is quiet hard to find.

I would consider it especially if the mileage was sub-80,000 KMS. Japanese cars don't have a hard time coping with mileage anyway. they just work and work and work.

As far as maintainance costs, i can tell you that changing the brembo brakepads costs 800 Dhs. People i've spoken to about it haven't complainbed about its high maintenance nature so i don't think it's that bad.