HELP NEEDED:BASIC RULES OF MODIFYING A CAR IN DUBAI

This is the local/regional car enthusiasts forum. Talk about anything related to regional news & updates.
blakat
UB Junior Member

Post by blakat » 21 Dec 2006, 1:49 am

Salam Alikkum, i am totally new to this.. :D but i am so crazy about cars and the modifications, my dream car , i want to buy , inshaallah n chnage in to a lion in HONDA CIVIC 99 HATCHBACK. (Y)

So i am not at all familiar wid da rules about modifying cars in UAE. i live in Dubai. So will sum one plzzzzzzzzz :$ give me sum time n explain all da details , what cans n cannots in a car according to da dubai rules.

I knw, from a friend tht, i can do any modifications in the interior of the car, like recaro seats, portable TV, audio systems, ets but what about the exterior ? low skirts, bumpers all around, and mainly wuts da rule for body painting ?? is there any restrcitions on these ? plz plz plz sumone from the UAE give me da detail asap..... :happy: and yes i also like to knw if they cars with lambo door wings, r allowed ? Will they create any problem during the passing, if my civic 99 hatch got butterfly wing doors ???
Waiting eagerly... thnx, have a nice day u all.....Massalama..Ali

mikeh
UB Super Member
Vehicle:Lexus IS300

Post by mikeh » 21 Dec 2006, 8:21 pm

blakat wrote:chnage in to a lion in HONDA CIVIC 99 HATCHBACK. (Y)
So you want to make your civic in a lion?

<grin>

Anyhow, painting and such needs special permission from the police (the boys here will give you the Arabic word for it). Same for all major changes.

In theory, you need to -request/report- all visual changes, but there's a treshold.

Oh, and lambo doors are called lambo doors for a reason.

If you get the hatch, don't do any of the body kit, lambo door lion portable TV things... it would be a shame to the car and the driver

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 21 Dec 2006, 8:23 pm

plus, i don't get how this thread has 22 views, and even nobody to reply.

Much of an enthusiast community eh?

[/sarcasm]

masabgt
UB Special Member

Post by masabgt » 21 Dec 2006, 9:02 pm

mikeh wrote:plus, i don't get how this thread has 22 views, and even nobody to reply.

Much of an enthusiast community eh?
:D :D :D damn Mikeh!

Sorry dude blakat! Am leaving for my home country tomorow morning 3 AM...
So no opinion from me until I reach my destination :)

tc

blakat
UB Junior Member

Post by blakat » 22 Dec 2006, 1:17 am

Oh, and lambo doors are called lambo doors for a reason.

If you get the hatch, don't do any of the body kit, lambo door lion portable TV things... it would be a shame to the car and the driver[/quote]

Acha now wut u mean by shame to d car n d driver ? dint get u ! i jus asked u fer opinion....how many civic hatch wid lambo doors in dxb .... havent u seen ? btw which ride do u drive??
thnx for ur reply though......keep in touch !

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 22 Dec 2006, 10:54 am

blakat wrote:Acha now wut u mean by shame to d car n d driver ? dint get u ! i jus asked u fer opinion....how many civic hatch wid lambo doors in dxb .... havent u seen ? btw which ride do u drive??
thnx for ur reply though......keep in touch !
Well, if you modify your ride visually, then it's either a very clean job, and i might look nice, or it's a cheap job and it looks rubbish. And tell me, if you get a 10 year old civic, and you pay, say, 15k for it , would you drop another 15k for a nice sleek bodykit, real lambo doors and big woofers in the back?

don't think so.

A good example, would be Adj911 and his car. He drives a civic, it's nicely modded from a visual point of view, and he has been trying to sell his car (mashallah though, adil) for the past 6 months or something. If you wanna resell your car, you won't get anything at all for your lambo doors or neons.. unless you find somebody who likes lambo doors as well.

Civic hatches are clean cars, so keep them clean, to me -but that is my personal opinion- cluttering them with body kits and such is just a waste of car, time and money.

Keep your car clean man, there's no harm in making it stand out a bit, as long as you don't overdo it.

blakat
UB Junior Member

Post by blakat » 22 Dec 2006, 11:26 am

Keep your car clean man, there's no harm in making it stand out a bit, as long as you don't overdo it.[/quote]

wow , that was a useful bit of advice mikeh... thanks a lot brother. Hey can u send me the link of such normal civics. Please man. Can learn a lot from you.

Thanks again. Ali

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 22 Dec 2006, 1:03 pm

Yeah, pictures speak thousands of words...

See for yourself then:

(except for the black wheels)

As i said, and it's not just for civics.. modding is nice when it's tastefully done, it's like breast implants, or make up. Too much becomes ugly.

albertho555
UB Special Member
Vehicle:B18C Civic HB

Post by albertho555 » 22 Dec 2006, 3:25 pm

hahah :) implants :P

try not to mod it too much visually bro ... plusss, its a 10 year old car your planning to buy, do u want to spend so much on it for such an old car? :)

varshik
UB Dedicated Member

Post by varshik » 22 Dec 2006, 4:37 pm

lol implants :D:D

n the white civic looks RICEDDDD :mrgreen: , riced big time...

dunno how that guy would ever go for races and stuff...people would never take u seriously with that kinda mods on your car:arrow:

studboy_441
UB Senior Member

Post by studboy_441 » 23 Dec 2006, 1:21 pm

blakat wrote:how many civic hatch wid lambo doors in dxb ....!
I have seen a yellow civic hatch back with lamborgini doors:P

blakat
UB Junior Member

Post by blakat » 23 Dec 2006, 11:25 pm

mikeh wrote:Yeah, pictures speak thousands of words...

As i said, and it's not just for civics.. modding is nice when it's tastefully done, it's like breast implants, or make up. Too much becomes ugly.
Brother i swear, i never wanted to modify like the white civic, thats yuck....
A simple and neat way, was i talking about.
Any ways thanks man.

Blakat

Ali 556
UB Junior Member

Post by Ali 556 » 12 Jan 2007, 3:36 am

Don't mode the car for these reason's:

1-modding is like Drugs the more you get the more you WILL want.
2-the honda familey in general is TO-USE car's not for modding exept for alittil bet.
3-why you want to modd the extrior of the car only why you don't mode the engine too.?

when i was in the US i've seen a 600+Fwhp civic's and accord's.......if you mode the engine for ~300-400 Fwhp and keep the car looking all stock from the out side the police-cops WON'T notice you.

but on the other hand if you install (hood-wing-sideskirt's-rear&front bumber's-''Lambo'' doors) every and i meen EVERY cop-police will stop you and search you and make a big deal out of nothing.

tall thing short......DON'T MODD THE CAR MAKE IT A DAILEY-DRIVEN CAR AND GOT ANOTHER CAR TO PLAY WITH.....

^^^^^ that my 0.02 cents

best regards
Ali 556

blakat
UB Junior Member

Post by blakat » 12 Jan 2007, 4:14 pm

well said my friend... thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.
Any way, i aint goint to do that much also. Hey by the way, people.. is it true that when you take your car for passing , you are asked to remove your skirts and bumbers ? What are the requirements, how do they want your car to be, what are the cans and cannots at that time.

Please help...

Ali

mikeh
UB Super Member

Post by mikeh » 13 Jan 2007, 11:20 am

Ali 556 wrote: 1-modding is like Drugs the more you get the more you WILL want.
Actually, it's like sex, all people here at uaeboost talk about it, very few do it.
Ali 556 wrote: if you mode the engine for ~300-400 Fwhp and keep the car looking all stock from the out side the police-cops WON'T notice you.
Yes, except for the sound of the exhaust.. Unless you can make 300+ whp with a 1.5 inch tubing..